PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for new headphones

Amethyst Rose
March 8th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I'm looking to buy new headphones soon and really don't know what to get. What headphones do you have and why do you like them? Or what brand(s) have you had in the past that you would recommend?

bentheplayer
March 9th, 2017, 06:57 AM
It all depends on the type of music that you are listening to. Bose, Audiotechnica or Sennheiser are all pretty good brands. Stay away from the Beats by Dre crap. What u get for beats is not worth the price they want.

Bose is good for noise cancelling while for sound quality go for either Audiotechnica or Sennheiser. The best thing you could do is to try them out with the songs that you listen to as each model usually has their own specific sound signature. If you are a purist and seek very flat and sonically accurate headphones, Sennheiser has some pretty good ones.

Amethyst Rose
March 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM
It all depends on the type of music that you are listening to. Bose, Audiotechnica or Sennheiser are all pretty good brands. Stay away from the Beats by Dre crap. What u get for beats is not worth the price they want.

Bose is good for noise cancelling while for sound quality go for either Audiotechnica or Sennheiser. The best thing you could do is to try them out with the songs that you listen to as each model usually has their own specific sound signature. If you are a purist and seek very flat and sonically accurate headphones, Sennheiser has some pretty good ones.

Thanks for pointing that out about the Beats, I had tried a pair before and thought they were alright but now that I look at the prices, no thanks xD

Hmmm I'd rather have good sound quality over noise-cancelling, although I'd like to find a middle ground somehow. I haven't actually tried them yet but the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x look good.

I listen to a variety of genres so hopefully it won't be hard to find something that enhances all of them to the same degree.

bentheplayer
March 10th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Thanks for pointing that out about the Beats, I had tried a pair before and thought they were alright but now that I look at the prices, no thanks xD

Hmmm I'd rather have good sound quality over noise-cancelling, although I'd like to find a middle ground somehow. I haven't actually tried them yet but the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x look good.

I listen to a variety of genres so hopefully it won't be hard to find something that enhances all of them to the same degree.

Audio-Technica makes some pretty good low end value headphones. As for Sennheiser, they have one of the best top end headphones like the HD800(S). You could try it out if you come across it while shopping around.

I don't quite get what you mean by enhancing the sound. Each headphone usually has their own sound signature that will boost or recess the bass, mid, treble or flat. Normally purist will go for as flat and sonically accurate as possible but such headphones are not forgiving on a poor quality record. However, this is not for everyone as some do complain of fatigue after listening for too long. The best is to go to the shops to try them out. You don't need to buy at the shops and could always buy it elsewhere that is cheaper but at least you will know what you are getting.

Uniquemind
March 10th, 2017, 04:06 AM
I endorse the audio Technica brand as well.

However I am also in the market for new phones but am waiting because it seems many phones are ditching the headphone jack.

I want to see where the market goes before buying a product the manufactures end up obsoleting a feature for.

bentheplayer
March 10th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Oh and if you use headphones don't play them at max volume. Its a very common problem with those poor quality headphones where people use loudness to compensate for poor quality of certain sound range like bass. While its been controversial, I think that headphones might cause premature hearing loss.

Sonicomsk
March 14th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Marshall Major II are great for rock music and they definitely worth the money. wireless version is also available

Jason The Great
March 14th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Im usingBeyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones, and i gotta say its freaking amazing...im not into brands much, though.

rioo
March 14th, 2017, 10:06 AM
I like this one, it's brand name is called Superlux , I don't remember series number but this one is more professional music, but not really expensive. I don't have it I borrowing from my friend . Everything I play from youtube sounds very clear on it.

Miss Ophelia
March 23rd, 2017, 05:58 PM
I have these Audio Technica (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audio-technica-ATH-ES500-EARSUIT-Closed-back-Dynamic-Headphones-/142314233021?hash=item212296dcbd:g:WVoAAOSwuhhXWAk1) headphones. They were expensive, but a birthday present. The sound is totally amazing and they are really comfortable. :D

I endorse the audio Technica brand as well.

However I am also in the market for new phones but am waiting because it seems many phones are ditching the headphone jack.

I want to see where the market goes before buying a product the manufactures end up obsoleting a feature for.

Only seems to be apple doing that. Anyway, you need the jack to plug them into a laptop or hifi.

Posts merged. ~Amethyst_

messid
March 23rd, 2017, 09:05 PM
I got Seinnheiser headphones from my dad last christmas and I love them!! I highly recommend them

Anthem
April 11th, 2017, 06:19 AM
It really depends on your budget.

I personally use the JBL Everest Elite 700, they are active noise cancelling. They work really well, and come with a mobile app which allows you to customize the EQ and change the ANC setting (they are bluetooth, and the app is for Android and iOS AFAIK, but I use iPhone personally).

They are the best headphones I have ever bought.

Andre1998
April 11th, 2017, 07:44 AM
I only use In-Ear headphones. Iīve had Multiple brands including Sony, Beats, Sennheiser, JVC and some others. They were all great but didnīt last very long. The last pair i had was the Zion by House of Marley. It lastet the longest so far, which was about a year. They had great audio and i really liked them. The pair I use now is the Nesta also by House of Marley. They have an awesome built quality and really good audio.

Amethyst Rose
April 11th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a pair of JBL Everest Elite 300. Anthem I don't know the difference from 300 to 700 but I'm very happy with these :) I also have a great speaker by JBL so I was inclined to make it one of the brands I tried, glad I did!