PDA

View Full Version : New forum rules

prtygurl
March 7th, 2017, 03:51 PM
What are your thoughts about the new forum rules that state "This puberty forum is for those who identify as female only?" I can understand the thinking behind it, but surely puberty for (biological) girls is entirely different from boys.

Endeavour
March 7th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Puberty for Girls :arrow: Virtual Teen HQ

We felt that people who's gender identity did not meet their biological sex were being left out of the forum that they wanted to post in, so we adapted the rules to include gender identity, rather than biological sex.

Elysium
March 7th, 2017, 04:28 PM
If you're interested in some of the discussion that took place on this, you can read the thread (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2034584) that inspired the change. :)

If you ever have any questions or issues, don't be afraid to bring it up with a staff member!

PlasmaHam
March 7th, 2017, 09:15 PM
It still makes no logical sense to allow people to post in a forum solely focused on something they cannot experience. Especially so when you are dealing with the often awkward issue of puberty. If someone will tell be a logical reasoning, besides making some confused people feel better about themselves, for this change, I will greatly appreciate it. Of course that doesn't exist, so I'll be waiting for a long, long time.

This is not RotW. ~Elysium

kryptonite
March 7th, 2017, 09:31 PM
What about a forum for trans teens, or would the Sexuality forum be this?

Pyromaniac27
March 7th, 2017, 10:40 PM
icagree and think it is rediculous, i do agree however that transgenders should be allowed to post in their genders puberty forum, if they are going through puberty for that gender thiugh, not just anyone who one day says "hey im going to be a girl now" when they still are biologically a dude and going through male puberty.

Elysium
March 7th, 2017, 10:50 PM
The discussion has already happened and passed, so I'd rather not entertain this here. You can take it up with me via PM if you like. We will not be rescinding this change.

Let's not turn this into a debate - this is VT HQ, not RotW :P

veroda
March 7th, 2017, 11:40 PM
imho I think you need to experience periods if you say you live through a girls puberty... however I dont quite understand that transgender thing so I cant argue much...

bentheplayer
March 8th, 2017, 04:07 AM
I would think that the puberty thread is to ask questions related to that sex-ed. Puberty is not just physical but also emotional, cognitive and social. Obviously trans people probably can't ask about physical changes and should ideally refer to their own doctors. Basic common sense should prevail and I am sure the mods will step if the discussions goes off topic.

As for all these trans bashing by certain persons, please feel free to move ur discussion to rotw and I would address your various arguments/concerns or purported evidence that is not based on mere emotions or fallacies. There is already some discussion on this issue over here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2034980) but feel free to create a specific new more focused title on this issue.