PDA

View Full Version : How much sperm do we make?

scott2002
March 5th, 2017, 08:30 AM
I read that an average ejaculate contains 100,000,000 to 300,000,000 sperm, and that if a man's ejaculate contains less than 50,000,000 sperm he is considered "infertile" and likely unable to make a girl pregnant.

So I started thinking. If a guy ejaculates (or has sex) every 3 days, he's probably MAKING in his testicles at least 200,000,000 sperm every 3 days (72 hours).

I "did the math". That means that EVERY MINUTE my nuts are making about 4,000 mature sperm?? (That's amazing!)

Bull
March 5th, 2017, 08:52 AM
I read that an average ejaculate contains 100,000,000 to 300,000,000 sperm, and that if a man's ejaculate contains less than 50,000,000 sperm he is considered "infertile" and likely unable to make a girl pregnant.

So I started thinking. If a guy ejaculates (or has sex) every 3 days, he's probably MAKING in his testicles at least 200,000,000 sperm every 3 days (72 hours).

I "did the math". That means that EVERY MINUTE my nuts are making about 4,000 mature sperm?? (That's amazing!)

yep that is amazing. Just be careful where you make a deposit!

kyrocks03
March 5th, 2017, 09:42 AM
I think it's a supply and demand thing as well, so a boy who masturbates 3 times a day is making even more once mature enough to actually make the standard amount necessary, but then again there are 12 and 13 year olds out there who have made a girl pregnant.

JohnC
March 5th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Is there any way to know for sure if you are making sperm? I shoot stuff but it is always clear and watery. Not white or sticky like some guys describe on here.

Hermes
March 5th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Assuming the 100 to 300 million figure comes from samples submitted to labs then assuming this is over three days is reasonable. I don't get the same figures as you, though, doing the calculations. Using 200 million in 72 hours I get:

2,777,777 per hour.
46,296 per minute
771 per second.

You could also go the other way:

466 million per week.
2 billion per month.
24.3 billion per year.

Blank_
March 5th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Is there any way to know for sure if you are making sperm? I shoot stuff but it is always clear and watery. Not white or sticky like some guys describe on here.
You could always go to a doctor and ask them to take a sample or something. The general rule of thumb though is that you're making sperm if it's white.

The captain
March 5th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Wow amazing!!!

Hermes
March 5th, 2017, 01:23 PM
You could always go to a doctor and ask them to take a sample or something. The general rule of thumb though is that you're making sperm if it's white.

Of course, a lab test has to be paid for by someone and your health service/health insurer may not be prepared to pay for it on the basis that your are just curious. Also from a previous discussion on here your semen does not have to be white to contain sperm.

There is a proper scientific paper by Janczewski and Bablok for which you can read an abstract (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833078/) and maybe search out the full text. In summary, when we start to ejaculate it is normal for there to be few if any sperm and for those that are there to be dead or malformed. Over about the next two years the number and quality increase to that of an adult, i.e. the figures earlier on in this thread, comparable with a man in his 20s. So, as am example, if you started ejaculating at 12.5 you'd be at adult fertility by 14.5.

Don't take that as a reson not to take care before those two years are up - remember it only takes one.

Deivis
March 5th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Cool

Brieftime
March 5th, 2017, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=scott2002;3493793]I read that an average ejaculate contains 100,000,000 to 300,000,000 sperm, and that if a man's ejaculate contains less than 50,000,000 sperm he is considered "infertile" and likely unable to make a girl pregnant.

I "did the math". That means that EVERY MINUTE my nuts are making about 4,000 mature sperm?? (That's amazing!)[/QUOTAnd parents say we don't work hard lol

zzzzzzzzzz
March 5th, 2017, 02:20 PM
I find it amazing that we produce so many sperm, and a girl usually releases only one egg during her 28 day cycle.
If you do have a "low count", you can still get a girl pregnant. I've read stories of couples trying for years to have a child, yet a "one night stand" can get a girl pregnant.

scott2002
March 9th, 2017, 04:45 PM
(I got spanked and scolded and sent to my room without supper by the VT mods for posting that "I've seen my sperm".)
Well, my experimentation continues and I looked at it again, but this time after having had 'multiple releases' in the previous 24 hours.

My findings confirm that apparently when we fire our gun we don't empty the clip, if you catch my drift....

Lets just say I observed..."lots and lots and lots of ammo left over" despite many rounds shot at the firing range earlier in the day. :yummy:

(To the mods: This IS puberty-related! I'm trying to understand my changing body and how it functions, performs, and reacts BECAUSE of the puberty changes I've experienced. This is NOT "inappropriate".)

Hermes
March 10th, 2017, 07:07 AM
My findings confirm that apparently when we fire our gun we don't empty the clip, if you catch my drift....

So how did you distinguish there being some left over with having made some more? Here's what I think you'd need to do for this to stand up to scientific scrunity:

1. Note the time of your last ejaculation prior to the one you intend to examine.
2. Note the time of, and accurately measure the volume of, the ejaculation you intend to examine.
3. View a known, small quantity of that ejaculation under the microscope and count all the sperm in that sample.
4. Scale up the counted figure to the full volume in proportion so if you viewed 0.1ml out of 5ml you'd multiply by 50.
5. Use the figures from earlier in the thread to work estimate how many sperm would have been made in the time between the two ejaculations.
6. Compare the two figures.

This wouldn't be easy, especially step 3 as the accurately measured sample to put under the microscope would have to be very small to be able to count them all.

Sean2
March 10th, 2017, 01:15 PM
(I got spanked and scolded and sent to my room without supper by the VT mods for posting that "I've seen my sperm".)
Well, my experimentation continues and I looked at it again, but this time after having had 'multiple releases' in the previous 24 hours.

Lets just say I observed..."lots and lots and lots of ammo left over" despite many rounds shot at the firing range earlier in the day. :yummy:

(To the mods: This IS puberty-related! I'm trying to understand my changing body and how it functions, performs, and reacts BECAUSE of the puberty changes I've experienced. This is NOT "inappropriate".)

I thought so but wasn't sure and agree with you that this is puberty related. Thanks.

tyrickd
March 10th, 2017, 02:53 PM
that is cool wow

eric2001
March 10th, 2017, 05:36 PM

Scott, do some more math (so I don't have to). :D So I started making sperm when I was 13, what would be the whole amount I'll make until I'm old and dried up?

Hermes
March 10th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Scott, do some more math (so I don't have to). :D So I starting making sperm when I was 13, what would be the whole amount I'll make until I'm old and dry up?

You've neglected to say when you intend to die. We don't have a menopause.

If we said at 83 which would make it a round 70 years from 13 then you just have to multiply 24.3 billion by 70 so that's about 1,700 billion, i.e. 1,700,000,000,000.

Curiousdude
March 10th, 2017, 11:04 PM
Who cares....as long as I still produce cum and am able to make girls pregnant

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Wow that's a huge amount never knew that.

MDaniel
March 19th, 2017, 01:04 PM

I think i'm the same as you, in that mine isn't really sticky unless it is dry almost. But for the most part mine is just as you described. I guess we'll mature and our sac/balls will produce more and more milky cum?

MDaniel
March 19th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Wow, e really are baby factories. LOL!

Falcons_11
March 19th, 2017, 03:51 PM
They taught in Health Science (aka Sex-ed) that it only takes 1 sperm cell to get a girl pregnant. Then, could it still be possible to give a girl a baby if your balls make less than 50,000,000 sperm cells since it only takes 1 of them to do the job? Just curious??

Great job, Scott, for "doing the math" on this. Is math your favorite subject?

PinkFloyd
March 19th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Yep, Biology is really cool. I have no idea how it's done, probably magic or some shit like that

Hermes
March 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
They taught in Health Science (aka Sex-ed) that it only takes 1 sperm cell to get a girl pregnant. Then, could it still be possible to give a girl a baby if your balls make less than 50,000,000 sperm cells since it only takes 1 of them to do the job? Just curious??

Great job, Scott, for "doing the math" on this. Is math your favorite subject?

I suspect that figure of 50,000,000 is simply comes from stats from fertility clinics and as such is not a hard and fast figure, more a probability thing, i.e. at 50,000,000 the chances of pregnancy are less than with a greater number.

As to why that might be, it's not an easy journey for the sperm and many fewer arrive in the fallopian tubes where the egg gets released than started the journey from her vagina. Some get killed, some don't swim so well or at all, some have other faults which mean even if they get to the egg they won't be able to get inside it or, if they do, the resulting xygote won't develop properly and will die rather than develop into a baby.

Going back to the 50,000,000 it is also possible that such a low number doesn't usually occur unless there is some problem that also affects quality as well as quantity.

The point about "it only takes one" is to make sure people take precautions.

theyear3000
March 20th, 2017, 12:11 AM
That's pretty cool🙂

scott2002
March 20th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I suspect that figure of 50,000,000 is simply comes from stats from fertility clinics and as such is not a hard and fast figure, more a probability thing, i.e. at 50,000,000 the chances of pregnancy are less than with a greater number.

As to why that might be, it's not an easy journey for the sperm and many fewer arrive in the fallopian tubes where the egg gets released than started the journey from her vagina. Some get killed, some don't swim so well or at all, some have other faults which mean even if they get to the egg they won't be able to get inside it or, if they do, the resulting xygote won't develop properly and will die rather than develop into a baby.

Going back to the 50,000,000 it is also possible that such a low number doesn't usually occur unless there is some problem that also affects quality as well as quantity.

The point about "it only takes one" is to make sure people take precautions.
I Googled "male infertility" and I found a lot of information, but this is one statement I found:
Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range for sperm counts. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
So, if we usually cum about a teaspoonful (5ml), then 5x10 = 50 million sperm all being deposited in one sex act would be considered "poor". So, even though only one sperm actually fertilizes the egg, it looks like it takes a whole army of those little guys to make that one sperm successful.