PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Blank_
March 2nd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Often times I see and hear people on television, in the movies, or even at school say that they cannot wait until they are 21 so that they can drink. On the other hand, I really hate alcohol, so much so that I do not even want to drink the wine at church (if you're religious like that). When I turn 21 I do not intend to start drinking, as I have heard and seen first hand all the bad stuff it can do. Is anybody else like this?

eric2001
March 2nd, 2017, 04:53 PM
I've tasted beer a few times. How can anything that tastes bad like that be liked by so many millions and millions of people?

Jinglebottom
March 2nd, 2017, 05:38 PM
I've tasted beer a few times. How can anything that tastes bad like that be liked by so many millions and millions of people?
I've been told it's an "acquired" taste but no thanks, I don't enjoy it, and I doubt time will make a difference. :lol:

Leprous
March 3rd, 2017, 12:03 PM
Then there's us Belgians who can drink at 16 lmao
Romulus_ it can do bad stuff, if used in excessive amounts. That's the case with a lot of things, not just alcohol. Now I'm not justifying excessive drinking in any way however when not over used it isn't as bad. However everyone should be respected when they decide not to drink and nobody should ever force you to

BlackParadePixie
March 3rd, 2017, 07:20 PM
I think the whole "can't wait until 21 to drink" has more to do with being able to do it legally, and not can in trouble...than just wanting to drink. I would say most people who have that attitude...already drink, they just want to be able to do it without fear of the law, or the wrath of a parent/guardian.

Pyromaniac27
March 3rd, 2017, 11:26 PM
I think the whole "can't wait until 21 to drink" has more to do with being able to do it legally, and not can in trouble...than just wanting to drink. I would say most people who have that attitude...already drink, they just want to be able to do it without fear of the law, or the wrath of a parent/guardian.

i agree with her

EvaNL
March 4th, 2017, 06:53 AM
I really couldn't care less if people don't (or do, for that matter) drink alcohol.
But if you do, please don't get drunk. Drunk people are annoying as hell and they don't even know it. Ugh..

Also, don't drink when you're going to drive. I'm fine with someone who drank to slam themselves into a wall. I'm NOT fine with someone who drank slamming into innocent bystanders. And no, you DON'T drive as well as when you didn't drink alcohol. You only THINK you do. There's a life and death difference. Literally.

Rant's over. Sorry :)

Bull
March 4th, 2017, 07:53 AM
I drink. In my family wine is the beverage for dinner. My brother and I were brought up in a house with a well stocked and unlocked bar. We had our first drink with our parents. We were taught to drink in moderation and responsibly. I know my limits and I have never been drunk. I like the taste of wine, beer, and liquor, However, there are pleasurable and bitter tastes, and I choose the pleasurable. I like beer with pizza, I like a good red wine with my steak. And I enjoy sipping a Jack with my dad. I know that what I am doing is breaking the law. But I am doing it in private. I too will be glad when I can go into any restaurant and order wine with dinner or beer with pizza legally.

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 10:45 PM

I think you are right here. I mean everyone I know- guys and girls- have tasted alcohol.

But well as the OP said if you don't feel like drinking just don't do it there are many abstinent adults so no big deal here either way.

Human
March 19th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Most people I know in the UK have drunk alcohol since 15 onwards quite often, some even 13 (me kek). We just have different cultures.

maddogmj77
March 20th, 2017, 01:23 AM
I absolutely hate the taste of wine, and most beer, but I do enjoy the effects of alcohol. I really haven't drank all that much, but shots of Whiskey are completely bearable, just burns a bit. I don't intend to start drinking any more or less when I become 21. I may end up drinking more, simply because it would be an open possibility then, but I wouldn't want it to start taking up too much of my life, time, or money.

camille78
March 21st, 2017, 06:39 AM
I love red wine. I'm not addicted to alcohol but I drink during parties.

Professional Russian
March 21st, 2017, 04:05 PM
different booze affects people differentltly. like if i drink jack straight, coors light, keystone, keystone ice, crown royal, or best damn rootbeer im the happiest person around but twisted tea makes me super emotional and so do other types of drinks like that. it all depends on what type of booze it is, how your body handles it, and what mood your in when youre drinking. in moderstion its not vad but excessively it costs to much and ruins relationships. me and alot of my friends can testify to that being in the position before.

feli 99
March 23rd, 2017, 09:11 AM
We in Germany can drink with 14 with Parents and with 16 alone and so much we want

geanyna
April 28th, 2017, 03:57 AM
we dont have a legal drinking age here, you just need to be 18 to buy alcohol. but noone really cares.

SethfromMI
April 28th, 2017, 07:31 AM

hit the nail right on the head :). I don't have any interest in drinking because I lost a close friend in a drunk driving accident (they were not the ones drinking but still). if anyone is really that excited to be 21 just so they can drunk, 95/100 times they have already started drinking (there may be those who have actually waited though till the legal age).

Michael75
May 4th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Nah man I'm Irish Ive been on the pish since I was 14. It's wild easy to get served here too because it's just the way things are. Honestly couldn't live without the stuff.

Bailey56
May 5th, 2017, 02:39 AM
You'll probably experiment with it at that age even if you don't think you will now. It basically becomes the thing to do once you're older

isko
June 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I had anal sex with an old friend of mine after we got really fucking drunk on beer and my dads whisky when we were home alone, I really enjoyed the rush and the confidence that the alcohol gave me, Iīm not saying dont drink, Iīm just saying be sensible about it

PinkFloyd
June 11th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Living an alcohol-free life is a very smart, healthy choice. I'm not an avid drinker, but I'm a sucker for Heineken beer.

Coolteenboy
June 11th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Ik alot of my friends who ran into issues w alcohol. Dinking 2 much, 2 often, inappropriate settings, etc. Some got pretty ill, aside from the normal puking after drinking too much. It lowers inhibitions and impairs judgement. 1 female friend deciced 1 nite after a party book up sex without birth control was a "good idea".,, she is now the sorry parent of a 6 month old lil boy. Her life is screwed! She, and some other friends (1 court ordered, 1 voluntary) have gotten wisely into AA type programs!
Good luck. Make good decisions!

Nadin
June 18th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Ik alot of my friends who ran into issues w alcohol. Dinking 2 much, 2 often, inappropriate settings, etc. Some got pretty ill, aside from the normal puking after drinking too much. It lowers inhibitions and impairs judgement. 1 female friend deciced 1 nite after a party book up sex without birth control was a "good idea".,, she is now the sorry parent of a 6 month old lil boy. Her life is screwed! She, and some other friends (1 court ordered, 1 voluntary) have gotten wisely into AA type programs!
Good luck. Make good decisions!

Alcohol is one of the worst things on this planet in my opinion!

tvsigeys
June 18th, 2017, 09:05 PM
I hope to quit by the time I'm 21

DriveAlive
June 18th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I occasionally drink socially when I have to with people at parties and such; however, I hate the taste of alcohol.

I really want to enjoy alcohol. I want to be into sipping scotches and wines and stuff but I just cannot manage to enjoy it. The other night I made myself a martini and it was so bad I could not finish it.

ShineintheDark
June 21st, 2017, 10:44 AM
I've had lager before and I can't stand it. Just personal tastes I guess

Just JT
June 25th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Don't think I look forward to being able to. I have and still do drink. Most times more than I should. I understand the risks. My dad as an alcoholic and he'd let me drink. So I see that I can easily fall in place of him.

I sometimes envy friends who never have and how to never drink. It's like saying I'll stay a virgin till I'm married or something. It's a clean pure healthy lifestyle. And a good choice

Booze in moderation can be good for you, but man it can kick your ass to

AndrewCG
June 29th, 2017, 02:20 PM
In Italy is legal to drink at 18 but usually everyone starts to drink earlier.
That’s just cause every bar, pub or disco will allow you to drink as long as you pay for it.
I first drank when I was 14 and I don’t think it’s bad to drink something sometimes.
I obviously don’t drink every day (as I actually don’t like beer and wine, so I only drink liquor like vodka, gin, rhum and so on) but when I go out with friends during the night we always stop in a bar to take some cocktails or shots. We don’t get drunk, just drink a little.
I drink a little more when I go to discos cause we stay there like all the night (usually from 11PM to 4 or 5 am) but I don’t get drunk either. Just enjoy to drink something when I’m out during the night.

Orange Kenny
July 2nd, 2017, 08:13 PM
Alcohol could be fun, but not for everybody. Some people's systems just don't agree with it. You shouldn't feel pushed to drink if you don't want to. That is the most important thing.

Snowfox
July 5th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Alcohol is most vile liquid on earth and it should be banned as long as its stronger than beer or wine.

I hate strong booze that is what ruins my mom. I hate alcohol generally cause i have seen how bad it is.

Flapjack
July 5th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Omg noooo I love alcohol!! I have been drinking the strong stuff since I was about 16, (Vodka, tequila etc) and have sooo many embarrassing drunk stories and whilst it has caused me some problems I have also had so many good times with it!! From awesome parties to drunk chats with people allowing them to get to know each other better aswell as sharing embarrassing stories :P

Recently however I have noticed a shift in how I drink, I now hardly ever do vodka and schnapps shots and now find myself drinking cyder and wine and I think I am enjoying it more like that.

robertd2001
July 6th, 2017, 10:39 PM
When I turn 21 I do not intend to start drinking, as I have heard and seen first hand all the bad stuff it can do. Is anybody else like this?[/QUOTE]
I feel the same because of all the alcoholics in my family

Just JT
July 8th, 2017, 05:08 PM
When I turn 21 I do not intend to start drinking, as I have heard and seen first hand all the bad stuff it can do. Is anybody else like this?
I feel the same because of all the alcoholics in my family[/QUOTE]

You to huh?

Infidelitas
July 11th, 2017, 10:39 AM
I like alcohol, particularly cider. But with my medication being absorbed in the liver, and it doing enough damages as is, I'm not allowed to drink alcohol anymore.

On top of that, once I've had two or three, I can't stop. Last time I drank, I drank 24 cans of cider, 6 large bourbon and around 2.5 litres of beer.

Decided to stop after that night. I got arrested for walking on the middle of the highway on a bridge walking home.

That amount of alcohol is enough to kill a lot of people. I'm lucky to be alive, and didn't get hit by a car.

loki2000
July 13th, 2017, 05:18 AM
I`m never going to drink alcohol !!....I hate to be around people that are drinking like at family gatherings. Reason I dont go to them... Its very personal for me ..I lost my mom to a drunk driving when I was 10 yrs old ...I will NEVER get over that

April03
July 13th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Alcohol is pointless unless you feel you have nothing left in life

Drewboyy
July 13th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I personally like it, but not liking alcohol (and liking fancier drinks) is becoming increasingly more common

Sere
July 14th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Alcohol is pointless unless you feel you have nothing left in life

This is not true in many ways but can be true in some circumstances. Alcohol sure can have some problematic sides like addiction or health problems but say drinking to a fine occasion at maybe a wedding or on a holiday would it mean you have nothing left? Just because someone has had a drink does not mean they are a constant drinker. (And no I'm not a drinker in case you thought I was "tainted" lmao)

I personally like it, but not liking alcohol (and liking fancier drinks) is becoming increasingly more common

I can understand. Is it to you like a good taste to you and the goal is to not get drunk but to like what you are drinking and to savor it? Just wanna make sure I read you right lol :D

Drewboyy
July 16th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I can understand. Is it to you like a good taste to you and the goal is to not get drunk but to like what you are drinking and to savor it? Just wanna make sure I read you right lol :D

No, I drink to get drunk lol. But only if I can stand the taste.
I was just making a statement

Sere
July 16th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Deleted for private reasons

Drewboyy
July 17th, 2017, 02:56 PM
It's all cool lmao, ik I'll be drinking soon enough (at this point it's bound to happen for me lol) and I'm not gonna be one of the people who screams how bad it is tho I'm not saying it's good either. Cheers

No, it's pretty bad for you in every way and noone should do it. I strongly recommend you not drink

WhoWhatWhen
July 23rd, 2017, 02:41 AM
I don't really enjoy the pressure to drink once you're an adult or what happens to people once they are drunk. I have drank and got drunk, and honestly, I still don't understand it. The sensation is not worth the (imo) gross taste of alcohol and the hangover symptoms the next day. And of course, people who drink in moderation and are safe with it and those who are alcoholics are different.

Barbara.
July 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM
My dad gave me a sip of his beer last year and I definitely hated it. That's the only thing I tried.

Tom_theflash
July 27th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Im happy not to be a drunkard lmao. I drink a little, in this way i think it's not bad. In addition i drink only during parties.

NewLeafsFan
August 1st, 2017, 03:27 PM
You remind me of a friend of mine, who I will call Mitch. I've never met Mitch's dad but from what i have heard I think he's an alcoholic. I know that Mitch never plans on drinking.

Sina-B
November 17th, 2017, 02:17 PM
with my parents a glass of wine or champagne. on parties I drink Radler (a 50:50 mixture of beer and sparkling lemonade).

Juliarules832
November 29th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I have no interest in alcohol. It has ruined so many lives. My parents were both killed in a car accident last year when a drunk driver blew a red light. I do not want to get into something that ruins lives like that.

Adarest
November 29th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I feel the same actually. My parents let me try alcohol but it all tastes awful, so I never want to try any when I turn 21. Plus, I don't think its worth killing our brain cells for those drinks. So I'm staying away from them, even if people ask me to, I'll keep saying no.

Lost in the Echo
November 29th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Itís honestly your prerogative;do what you do. But coming from a drinker - itís overrated.
I donít feel like going all out, but thereís several reasons I drink
But if you donít, more power to you. Some like it and some donít.

Just do your thing. If youíre fine without booze, donít fuck with it.

Stronk Serb
November 30th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Living an alcohol-free life is a very smart, healthy choice. I'm not an avid drinker, but I'm a sucker for Heineken beer.

Heineken? Here that beer is regarded as mediocre at best. If you ever come to Europe, I will compile a list of better beers. Czech Budweiser, Austrian Edelweiss, German, Belgian, Dutch and Czech homemade beers... The only beers I steer away are Spanish and Italian beers. They are on par with Serbian beers, most of which are of sub-standard quality.

Before I drank a lot, literally any time, any place. Came to school drunk a few times. Now I just drink when I am in the mood. I noticed that my alcohol tolerance dropped by a large margin. Before I would mix up whiskey, ouzo and rakia (all three spirits) in a 0,5 litre cup and drink it in half an hour and then take a pint of beer and still be on my feet. Now a pint of beer or a shot of something is my preffered maximum.