PDA

View Full Version : Lack of motivation/just a downer.

Powerade1999
March 1st, 2017, 07:49 PM
The past 4-5 weeks I haven't felt the best. It started off with a series of events at work, where I was rostered on 8 days straight, and then had my hours cut from about 20 hours a week, to 6 hours a week. This was a bit of an eh, but then what really got on my goat, was during a rush I ran out of a product and no one would help, or give the customer a refund. I ended up raising my voice and slamming a few items.

Fast forward to now, I still feel shitty from it, I have managed to get a new job, and reduced my availability for my first one (they reduced my hours to 3 hours a week). This has no helped, i find it so hard to get out of bed, to get to sleep, to do anything, I just want to lay on the lounge under a blanket all day.
My thoughts haven't been the best either, as a former self-harmer its so hard to not go back, as well as just general want for injury so people will pay attention to me.

I just wish I could do things, even things I should enjoy, without major doubts in myself doing it.

:(

idefineme
March 5th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you're going through a lot. It might sound scary but its really not, anti depressants. Think about it.

maddogmj77
March 6th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Sounds like you're going through a lot. It might sound scary but its really not, anti depressants. Think about it.

Anti-depressants aren't the answer for everyone.

I'm sorry that you're feeling so down lately. I haven't had the motivation to do much of anything these past couple weeks either, and today hasn't been any better. I just want to lay in bed and sleep; not talk to anybody. But I know that will never help, as hard as it may be to do anything else. We just have to keep on going, taking those steps to try and make it all better somehow, even when we don't want to. I know it's hard; I find it difficult just to get out of bed in the morning, & resisting the urge to just roll back into it. I don't find joy in the little things anymore, or any of my former hobbies. But I'm still here, trying to change, trying to find a reason. Because I know that life wasn't always like this, and it can't always be like this.

You can message me if you ever need someone to talk to.