PDA

View Full Version : So I told someone

Brightwolf
February 28th, 2017, 10:29 AM
So, after going through a rough patch in my life, I finally told my friend, whom I would consider my best friend now, that I'm SSA ( Same-sex attracted) (I think...I know I like guys at least and I haven't had a real crush on a girl in like, forever). He completely supported me! Something that I was surprised me. So, yeah... Oh, I also told my brother and his reaction was the same. They're also supportive of my decision to not have a boyfriend, which is good. Just thought I'd let you guys know, :D.

ska8er
February 28th, 2017, 03:50 PM
So, after going through a rough patch in my life, I finally told my friend, whom I would consider my best friend now, that I'm SSA ( Same-sex attracted) (I think...I know I like guys at least and I haven't had a real crush on a girl in like, forever). He completely supported me! Something that I was surprised me. So, yeah... Oh, I also told my brother and his reaction was the same. They're also supportive of my decision to not have a boyfriend, which is good. Just thought I'd let you guys know, :D.

Just wondering. Y would u not want a boyfriend when
u say u finally admit u r attracted to boys? :what:

Brightwolf
February 28th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Just wondering. Y would u not want a boyfriend when
u say u finally admit u r attracted to boys? :what:

Religious reasons :). Basically, I believe it's a sin to have sex with another guy. Also, I do actually want a boyfriend, I just don't think I should have one.

ska8er
February 28th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Religious reasons :). Basically, I believe it's a sin to have sex with another guy. Also, I do actually want a boyfriend, I just don't think I should have one.

U can have a Bromance without sex if u find
the right guy. Ur defeating the purpose of being
close to someone if u have it in ur head that u
admire people but u shouldn't. It makes no sense. :what:

Brightwolf
February 28th, 2017, 09:31 PM

Well now that I think about it, I do have a bromance with a few people lol

EvaNL
March 1st, 2017, 06:51 PM
Good job!

TWDjacob
March 1st, 2017, 07:36 PM
That's great! I recently did the same thing and I was surprised when I got a positive reaction too

EvaNL
March 1st, 2017, 07:52 PM
That's great! I recently did the same thing and I was surprised when I got a positive reaction too

The world isn't as bad as you might think it to be :)
That being said: don't go shouting it from the rooftops. Not because it's a bad thing, but simply because not everyone has to know. It's none of their business.

Dragonmaster69
March 1st, 2017, 08:13 PM
I understand the conflict, I am Catholic and Bisexual. I know what it is like trying to keep a covenant with God and also be who you are with ut feeling like you are an abomination.

The issue is the belief that a omnipotent being separate of all the laws of man will potentially(there is a lot of debate about the subject.) Damn you to hell for all eternity for being SSA. So while it is awesome to have people support you in life. When you die where your soul resides is usually more important. Some people choose to be miserable in life on the promise of eternity in heaven.

Brightwolf
March 1st, 2017, 09:33 PM
The issue is the belief that a omnipotent being separate of all the laws of man will potentially(there is a lot of debate about the subject.) Damn you to hell for all eternity for being SSA. So while it is awesome to have people support you in life. When you die where your soul resides is usually more important. Some people choose to be miserable in life on the promise of eternity in heaven.

Well I'm not going to act on these desires, even though I really want to sometimes. I'd rather be miserable in this life than the next, besides this gives me more time to focus on starting a band.

fast8
March 1st, 2017, 09:48 PM
That's good I'm glad they support you

Dragonmaster69
March 1st, 2017, 09:57 PM
I can't tell you how God works on these matters. I mean in Catholicism priests can supposedly dole out absolution. So, don't ask me how things really work. My understanding is God forgives but just don't keep repeating the same sin and keep asking for forgiveness and it work. But idk I don't make the rules. You shouldn't have to be Miserable here to get into heaven though. Good luck with the band though :P

:P :metal::cool:

But don't let anyone send you a way to conversion camp. If people start saying there is an awesome camp to help you with your ssa run for your life!!!!

Brightwolf
March 2nd, 2017, 12:30 AM
Thanks! Dragonmaster69

Living For Love
March 2nd, 2017, 12:17 PM
Congrats, OP! I admire the way you were able to conciliate your attraction and your religion, something that most Christians would find pretty difficult to do. Truly inspiring (:

I understand your point, but remember there are a lot of heterosexual people who don't have a partner because they don't want to and have the freedom to choose not to have a partner.

Brightwolf
March 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Congrats, OP! I admire the way you were able to conciliate your attraction and your religion, something that most Christians would find pretty difficult to do. Truly inspiring (:

auser_name
March 2nd, 2017, 06:11 PM
Congratulations. It takes enormous amounts of courage to openly admit things like this.

ugaboy
March 2nd, 2017, 10:55 PM
Congrats. only one of my friends really knows. Just not ready yet - I guess.

Hermes
March 3rd, 2017, 11:44 AM

But what if they are wrong and there is no eternity in heaven either way? That means they have lead a miserable life when they could have lead a fullfilling life for no purpose at all.

Also, if you do believe in God, how is it that different sects have such different rules? Did God releal his standards to them each separately? Did any one revelation replace the previous ones? Or are churches actually human organisations that have prsented the word of God in a way that suits them and used it as an instrument for social control?

Bear in mind the Christian God is the same as the Jewish Yahweh and the Islamic Allah because these Abrahamic religions have a common foundation. So how come the differences between them and also between the Catholics and the Protestants and the Sunnis and the Shi'ites?

Dragonmaster69
March 13th, 2017, 10:00 AM
:P true

Dragonmaster69
March 13th, 2017, 10:01 AM
I also wonder that myself

tyrickd
March 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM
im happy for you, and i understnad ur religious values! i just no personally in my heart tht jesus and god love me so im going to be happy and be in a gay relationship! but thats just my opinion

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 07:25 PM
WOW!! That's a pretty incredible expectation for your life bro!! Your a much bigger person, and better Christian than I am or feel I could be. I believe, and I'm into guys as well. But I don't feel I could abstain from my true pleasures for life.
Good for you, good luck bro, makes me jealous....

Brightwolf
March 16th, 2017, 10:16 AM
WOW!! That's a pretty incredible expectation for your life bro!! Your a much bigger person, and better Christian than I am or feel I could be. I believe, and I'm into guys as well. But I don't feel I could abstain from my true pleasures for life.
Good for you, good luck bro, makes me jealous....

Um, thanks. (I am so bad at taking complements lol)

Zachary G
March 16th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Congratulations, Im glad it went so well for you.

Jamesk0050
March 16th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Congrats on being open and honest

IzzyB
March 25th, 2017, 06:38 AM
Very happy for you! :D I still think there's the chance of having love the way you were made to feel it, but its important you keep to your personal values :) congrats!