PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown hairs after a shave

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Hey girls :)
I have this question for you, usually when I shave, I end up getting ingrown hairs :(
Am I the only one? Do you girls have ways to prevent it?

BlackParadePixie
February 27th, 2017, 04:03 PM
YES, this happens to me sometimes and it's annoying.
I've found the best ways to help prevent them are to not push down too hard when shaving, exfoliate, and don't wear super tight clothes for a while after shaving.

check this guide out, it's super informative!
http://asmoothlife.com/how-to-prevent-ingrown-hairs/

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 04:11 PM
YES, this happens to me sometimes and it's annoying.
I've found the best ways to help prevent them are to not push down too hard when shaving, exfoliate, and don't wear super tight clothes for a while after shaving.

check this guide out, it's super informative!
http://asmoothlife.com/how-to-prevent-ingrown-hairs/

Did it work for you? Because if so I'll give it a try:)

BlackParadePixie
February 27th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Did it work for you? Because if so I'll give it a try:)
yeah, it usually does. it's mostly just about proper skin care...if you take care of things, you won't get as many.

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 04:33 PM
yeah, it usually does. it's mostly just about proper skin care...if you take care of things, you won't get as many.

I'm definitely try it and tell you how it goes :)

Anniebanannie
February 27th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Usually I only trim, so i don't get any ingrowns that way.

veroda
February 27th, 2017, 10:18 PM
that must hurt or itch like crazy!

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 10:52 PM
that must hurt or itch like crazy!

It does and it really sucks:(

veroda
February 27th, 2017, 10:54 PM
It does and it really sucks:(

sorry to hear...

btw is there a time or moment when one should start shaving? I never have but dont have much hair down there

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 10:56 PM
sorry to hear...

btw is there a time or moment when one should start shaving? I never have but dont have much hair down there

It's up to you :) whenever you want to shave you can :)

veroda
February 27th, 2017, 11:01 PM
It's up to you :) whenever you want to shave you can :)

with what I read in here its just discouraging me from shaving there but waxing or such must be like ouch!!! and the electric needle thing... like... it sounds weird that somebody will be playing for a hour or so around around my kitty and I cant really imagine the pain...

amelia_
February 27th, 2017, 11:25 PM
with what I read in here its just discouraging me from shaving there but waxing or such must be like ouch!!! and the electric needle thing... like... it sounds weird that somebody will be playing for a hour or so around around my kitty and I cant really imagine the pain...

I think its something you gotta try to see how you handle it. Like BlackParadePixie said, if you're careful you can avoid having issues. Imo the pros outweigh the possible issues

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 11:27 PM
I think its something you gotta try to see how you handle it. Like BlackParadePixie said, if you're careful you can avoid having issues. Imo the pros outweigh the possible issues

I agree :) even with my problems it's worth it :)

MaeFae
February 28th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Fairly common for me, figured it was the same for everyone.

lori99
February 28th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Fairly common for me, figured it was the same for everyone.

Do you just let them be or you deal with them?

LITTLEANGEL16
March 2nd, 2017, 02:26 AM
I have been shaving since hair started growing, I use a 3 or 5 blade Venus Razor and shaving GEL (Not Foam) and shave in the direction of the. hair growth. and as I shave quite often so the hair so it never gets a chance to grow much. So if you got much hair trim it down as much as possible before you shave. I always put some baby powder on it after I shave.
So lucky enough I never had a problem with ingrown hairs, but I know of some girls who had an from what I hear they a not a very pleasant.
I hope all goes well for you.
Take Care
X :)

IzzyB
March 23rd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Never had that problem but now I'll worry! O.O

clobo
March 23rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
I haven't experienced that, i must be lucky or its just a matter of time.