PDA

View Full Version : College Majors

Romulus_
February 22nd, 2017, 02:38 PM
Hey everyone, just curious to see what everyone wants to major in college :)

For me, I want to major in History with a possible double major in Political Science!

Endeavour
February 22nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
Well here it's called university, but I'll probably do either Maths or Computer Science, more likely the latter though. They're both subjects that I've always been interested in, and they link quite well. I might look into doing a joint honours in them both. All that could change over the next few years, though.

Elysium
February 22nd, 2017, 03:34 PM
I'm going to a liberal arts school, but I'm leaning towards majoring in a STEM field (chemistry). It's still a little early for me to decide on a major :P

Endeavour
February 22nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
I'm going to a liberal arts school, but I'm leaning towards majoring in a STEM field (chemistry). It's still a little early for me to decide on a major :P

Am I right in thinking that you don't need to decide on a major until after you've started your course? Because here you're stuck for 3 years with whatever course you pick when you're 17.

Bull
February 22nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
I am about to complete my major in agriculture business with a core in economics/finance. Career goal: Cattle Ranch Management

Falcons_11
February 22nd, 2017, 05:40 PM
I'm undecided right now. I'm only in 9th. grade. So I have lots of time to think about what I want to major in college.

Amethyst Rose
February 22nd, 2017, 06:26 PM
Most heavily interested in music education/performance, unsure what level of instruction I want to teach yet. I think working in a university would be great though, and individually as well. I'm also considering some variant of medical research (pathologic-anatomic, most likely) or, very recently, journalism. We'll see what becomes of me :)

Elysium
February 22nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Am I right in thinking that you don't need to decide on a major until after you've started your course? Because here you're stuck for 3 years with whatever course you pick when you're 17.
That's correct. For most if not all liberal arts schools anyway, you don't declare a major until some point during your sophomore year. You can also change your major later on.

brandon9
February 22nd, 2017, 07:53 PM
I think you forgot the "Civil Services" option in your poll! I'm going for a major in Criminal Justice with a double minor in Homeland Security and Psychology, already over a year into it!

Babs
February 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
I'd like to be involved in space exploration, so probably something like astronomy. Or perhaps organic chemistry or biology for the sake of studying planets.

Mars
February 22nd, 2017, 09:48 PM
I think I was to pursue photography or culinary arts. Dunno what that counts under.

eric2001
February 22nd, 2017, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone, just curious to see what everyone wants to major in college :)

For me, I want to major in History with a possible double major in Political Science!

I'd do the same as you but I don't think a career related to those areas are very well paid.

bentheplayer
February 23rd, 2017, 04:51 AM
I'd do the same as you but I don't think a career related to those areas are very well paid.

Not necessarily. Finance and IB regularly accept grads from those fields as long as the degree is from the Ivy League in the context of US. It more of what you do with the degree that matters.

everlong
February 24th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Fuck me I need to decide what I'm doing

Porpoise101
February 26th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Probably going to end up doing Agricultural Science or something like that (as long as it is applied sciences). If that doesn't work out, I can always pursue mathematics because that field pays really well.