PDA

View Full Version : Losing Friends Very Quickly..

Ben101
February 21st, 2017, 03:28 PM
Haven't posted here in a long time, so here goes. I have always struggled to make friends and truly fit in with people, and it took until at least year9 in secondary school to actually make friends. Since leaving there though I have fallen out with 2 of my good friends (they used to be manipulative, bitch about anyone and everyone and try to bring people down, creating a huge negative energy). I still have my best friend, but I cant help but think that the conversations are rapidly dying and the friendship in general is fading, and before long will cease to exist. I have some 'mates' left but I have never been good enough friends with any of them to actually fit in fully and, regardless of how hard I try to fit in, it simply does not work.

I just don't know what else to do or where else to go. I have tried to speak to him about it but it just gets ignored mostly. I have had my ups and downs in life, and the only things which have really got me down is my sheer inability to hold a friendship - I am starting a new job soon (one which happens to be one he applied for and didn't get) and only fear that this will simply make us drift away even further...so yeah, I don't know what to do.

ska8er
February 21st, 2017, 05:42 PM
Friends come and go. Since u r starting a new
job try to make new friends there. U say u
still have one mate but u feel the friendship
is failing. I would try to hold on to that one
friendship and try to make it work. Being
friends and keeping them is a give and take
thing. Sometimes u have to cope with some
one who has different ways than u do. Y do u
feel like u cant make friends or hold on to them?

Just JT
February 21st, 2017, 06:11 PM
You heard this before, it's better to have 1 good friend than a bunch of friends that arent really friends. So take that for face value. But like @Ska8ter said, they come and go. Unfortunatky friendship is like a fluid thing in life. So let that be what it is. Not saying to not try so hard but maybe you are. I'd just try and find people with similar interests as you and go from there. A new job is like a new beginning. Use that. But don't diss your old friends, keep in touch. Perhaps a little less time with them will be good for you guys