PDA

View Full Version : It's not only unfair, it's outright cruel!

scott2002
February 21st, 2017, 07:19 AM
I'm fairly new here, and I've been active but still have far less than 100 posts. Why does this site allow others to PM me, but then I can't PM them back??? That's kind of crazy! I understand the reason I can't PM is because I haven't posted enough to meet your rule yet. But your rule seems dumb. At least I should be able to PM RESPOND when others PM me as a newer member.

Endeavour
February 21st, 2017, 07:22 AM
It's just how the system works, sorry. We can't stop people sending you private messages when you are below 100 posts. You can use the visitor messaging system in the meantime to reply to people. The rule is in place for your safety (and indeed everyone's safety) and we're not changing it.

Periphery
February 21st, 2017, 11:13 AM
I'm fairly new here, and I've been active but still have far less than 100 posts. Why does this site allow others to PM me, but then I can't PM them back??? That's kind of crazy! I understand the reason I can't PM is because I haven't posted enough to meet your rule yet. But your rule seems dumb. At least I should be able to PM RESPOND when others PM me as a newer member.

As Endeavour mentioned, it's for safety reasons. It's there to prevent creeps and spam accounts to message whoever the hell they want and harrass members. It's to prevent people who don't mean well from being assholes to everyone through PM's the second they join VT.

Also, 100 posts are easy to get honestly, it's really not that hard at all.

Babs
February 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM
"cruel" lol

Amethyst Rose
February 21st, 2017, 06:21 PM
Using the PM system is a privilege, and there are consequences for abusing it. Besides, 100 posts is quite easy to reach. If a member is bumping threads or making a bunch of spam posts to get to 100, they will be deleted. It's a privilege you have to earn and I see no flaw in the rule.

Just JT
February 21st, 2017, 06:26 PM
Welcome to VT scott2002. I'm JT. Nice to meet you.

See the thing is that some people will sign up and aren't who they say they are. Not saying you did that. But the rule is there so we (staff and members) can get to know you a bit before the floodgates are opened.

I know for me I've made friends here who ended up not who I though, and it hurt, bad. I hope that don't happen to you. 100 posts aren't so many. But keep in mind p101, arcade and the diaries don't count. So it's about quality not quantity here.

So post often and post quality. It's how people get to know you

Besides you can always reply in a VM. Some people have other chat apps and/or email in their profile. So it's not the worlds end. And your over half way there to so....keep going ok?