PDA

View Full Version : My First Smartphone - Which one?!

sicChild
February 20th, 2017, 02:51 AM
Hello everybody.

Next month is my birthday 13th and I'm, quite excited about it. There's going to be a big party. That's for sure. I also get my very first Smartphone (FINALLY!!!). But I'm not sure which one to take. I'm not a tech guy.

I checked out some websites for classified adds and did some search online. But gosh there are so may brands and models. I just don't know which one to pick. Also my parents set up a budget I have to stick to. So I was thinking about getting a used one for sale.

So what I'd like to know what phone are you using and why? Are there any good recommendations?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

SC.

cmaster
February 21st, 2017, 11:26 PM
Hello everybody.

Next month is my birthday 13th and I'm, quite excited about it. There's going to be a big party. That's for sure. I also get my very first Smartphone (FINALLY!!!). But I'm not sure which one to take. I'm not a tech guy.

I checked out some websites for classified adds (like http://www.used.forsale/) and did some search online. But gosh there are so may brands and models. I just don't know which one to pick. Also my parents set up a budget I have to stick to. So I was thinking about getting a used one for sale.

So what I'd like to know what phone are you using and why? Are there any good recommendations?

SC.

Congrats!

My first Smartphone was a used Samsung Galaxy S4. My brother got a new one and gave me his old phone. I guess sometimes older siblings are useful. ;-)

I still use it but as soon as I have enough funds, I'll replace it this year. I'll think I'll go for a Samsung as well.

I don't know much about the iWorld. Maybe someone else here get you some advice.

Cheers.

Cody.

drhalsey1
February 22nd, 2017, 12:06 AM
Well I got my first phone as an early christmas present(on black Friday). It's a Google Pixel, but Samsung is good, most people I know use it.

TaCoonaBiKe
February 22nd, 2017, 09:20 AM
my first phone lasted me 2yrs before my friend dropped it :D, it was samsung galaxy ACE, pretty good phone... then over the course of last summer i used my sisters old HUAWEI Y300. i have to say, except the android version, that phone sucked.... now for christmass ive gotten a samsung A5 2016, its the BOMB! best phone ive ever had, great display settings, android version, memory etc... and yes, i do love samsungs :D
and whats the budget?? without it its not much help lols

Bmble_B
February 27th, 2017, 02:22 PM
Hello everybody.

I checked out some websites for classified adds and did some search online. But gosh there are so may brands and models. I just don't know which one to pick. Also my parents set up a budget I have to stick to. So I was thinking about getting a used one for sale.

SC.

Can I hear the budget if you don't mind? So I can make sure you get the best at the price point because the smartphone market is like a maze xD

auser_name
February 27th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Alright, ill be the first to say it. Ive only ever had an iPhone. In my opinion they are the best phones on the market and well worth the price tag. Apple also do a certified restoration thing where you can buy second hand products repaired by apple.

Clarx999
March 27th, 2017, 01:28 AM
I've had iPhone in the past, I don't think it is worth the price - at least not the new one.
I'd rather buy something for 100-150$. I've had iPhone previously, now I am using budget Xiaomi Redmi 4a phone and I am fully satisfied - it is way cheaper than iPhone and user experience is quite similar.

Bull
March 27th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Upgraded to iPhone from Samsung. Glad I did. Really like the iPhone.

Kyleroe
March 27th, 2017, 08:57 AM
If you are not sure what to choose, I can recommend you to use some smartphone comparison (https://www.findpare.com/compare/smartphones) services. You will be able to get some info on different models, compare prices, etc. It is really very useful. Hope that I helped you a little..

Chaosphere
April 30th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Good call with getting a used phone. It just depends on your own personal tastes. I have a iPhone 5s, and I like it but I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen. It's really reliable. If you can find a used one for sale, I highly recommend the iPhone SE. It was released because people liked the 5, but it got a system upgrade and it has far more memory than really anybody needs.

Cjmccjface
May 8th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Well I got my first phone as an early christmas present(on black Friday). It's a Google Pixel, but Samsung is good, most people I know use it.

I have the Pixel XL, do you have the XL or just the regular one?

drhalsey1
May 8th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I have the Pixel XL, do you have the XL or just the regular one?

Regular one