PDA

View Full Version : I need serious skull help.

Kory123
February 19th, 2017, 10:08 PM
This might go in the end section but, does the developing of the skull go into puberty? :)

Anyway, GOOGLE HAS BEEN FRIEKING USELESS, and... I have been living with an underbite my whole life and I hate it, it's not a major one, sometimes my teeth and form a cross bite but this has caused problems for me. My bottom lip looks bigger than my upper lip and it's just bad. When I use a word with an S, it sounds like eth, when I use a word with z or c, it sounds like see. These problems make me feel very bad :(, a real problem to be concerned is that my bite is out of order so a tiny bit of food gathers in the gap of my bottom and top molar teeth because I don't bite don't completely because my underbite. I'd go to the othodontist but I'm just 14 and I have no transportation and my parents feel me as a burden and the money won't be needed for this little problem. I went to the orthodontist and they placed this HORRIBLE metal plate on the top roof of my mouth and it was suppose to fix it, but it just didn't. We lost money, and I went through pain for nothing. That's why my parents gave up on it.

I don't want to live with this and in photos my bottom lip looks so big, and public speaking makes feel bad :( .

Will my bottom jaw grow? Do your jaws even grow? What will really help me? Please.

I hope one of you have a P.H.D or please ask your parents if they specialize. Help me :(

ska8er
February 19th, 2017, 10:30 PM
A malocclusion is an under bite and only
can b corrected by dental surgery so my
Dad says. It is also hereditary. The bone
structure of the face changes and i guess
the jar line during puberty. The lips I don't
know but in ur case i think u r too self
conscious bout it-don't b hard on urself.

Endeavour
February 20th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Puberty for Boys :arrow: VT General Hospital

This fits better here.

BlackParadePixie
February 20th, 2017, 03:00 PM
yeah i'm pretty sure a case that severe can only be corrected with surgery.
if your parents aren't willing to help you out...that's really sad. maybe you need to talk to them again and tell them how it is affecting you. a doctor/orthodonist would be able to tell them the more long term effects of not taking care of the issue, and if some of them could be bad, perhaps they will agree to assist you.

Hermes
February 21st, 2017, 09:51 AM
A malocclusion is an under bite and only
can b corrected by dental surgery so my
Dad says. It is also hereditary. The bone
structure of the face changes and i guess
the jar line during puberty. The lips I don't
know but in ur case i think u r too self
conscious bout it-don't b hard on urself.

To to be clear, an under bite is where the mandible (bottom jaw) is too long for the maxilla (upper jaw) so the lower teeth are further forward than the upper teeth?

If so, what would a surgeon being aiming to do? Shorted the mandible? Lengthen the maxilla? I wonder if the plate was an attempt to do the latter.

The obvious question is whether timing is important. Is this easier when the bones are still growing, harder, or does it not make any difference? I am guessing the metal plate may have been intended to straddle a growth plate in the maxilla and apply a stretching force to encourage that to grow faster compared to the mandible. If that is the case, might the change be relatively slow and is it too soon to conclude it has failed.