PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do about this friendship.

WhoWhatWhen
February 13th, 2017, 10:14 PM
I have a friend. She's my "best friend". I've posted many times about her unfortunately.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Me and her have been friends for about a year and a half now. When we became friends she really did help me. I was bullied and sick of my school and we met. She was different from any other friend I had ever had.

But things have been different in the past 6-ish months. She's irresponsible with school yet complains about her grades. She's always depressed but never goes to the doctor. She is always in some stupid little drama that could be solved by walking away but doesn't. And more recently, she lies to me.

She used to tell me everything, too much sometimes. But now she doesn't. She gets a ride from me to go to school but today she told me she was sick. She wasn't sick. She skipped. Somebody went live and she was there.

If none of this effected me I wouldn't care. But it does. She stresses me out so much that I've broken down crying several times. I wish I could worry about just myself. She's made me feel like we are connected at the hip for the last year and a half. Now that I'm realizing that she's the main thing stressing me out I don't know what to do. We have been through so much that I don't want to throw that away but what can I do?? I love her but I don't know what to do.

Just JT
February 14th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Friends as good as you guys should be able to say anything to each other. I'd sit her down and tell her just how your feeling. Go from there. Honesty is the best policy.

jamie_n5
February 14th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Have you tried to sit down and talk with her about all of this? Something has obviously really changed in her life. The fact that you were so close and you sense this change is really eating and you and getting you down. You really need to somehow shed these worries and start taking care of you. Like I said I think the best way to try is to talk to her and try to get her to open up to you and you open up to her.

Anniebanannie
February 18th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Trying to talk with her seems like a first try. Try not to blame her for things, though, that way she's less likely to get defensive.

But she also sounds like she's going through hard times, something that you can't fix for her. Listening only to complaints and lies gets old, and you know the toll it's taking on you. You might need to distance yourself from her in order to take care of yourself. People and relationships are always changing, not necessarily on purpose.

Rhys2001
February 25th, 2017, 06:21 PM
I think you should tell her how you feel, but be subtle and don't be too harsh. She seems to be struggling and maybe you two just need a Pizza, a sleepover and a Deep conversation. Communication is key in any friendship.

Uniquemind
March 6th, 2017, 07:37 AM
A sad fact of life is knowing that to an extent friends can only help friends who want to seek help for themselves.

Don't put her on the spot but I suspect one or many of these things could've happened, all of which affect mood/emotions:

1. Mental mood disorders occurred here.

2. Drugs entered the picture.

3. A new rough element of friends entered her social life.

4. Boy trouble; possible sexual assault or rape.

5. Parental/Household drama.