PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dancing

AceOfHearts
February 11th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Okay. So I'm in a dance class at my high school and I need some help with a lot.

Firstly, I'm the only boy in the class and the girls give me weird looks like I'm a creep. What can I do about this?

Secondly, does anyone have any tips on how to dance "Freestyle" with confidence? I love dancing but I always either dance to music choreographed to others or do stuff with my feet which people can't often see

Thirdly, any tips on dancing in general? Good websites/youtube channels I can watch that may help me learn more different moves? I want to be able to contribute with dance moves but I never have any.

Fourth, good Zumba/dance type excesses I can do in my own time to get more in shape and fit? I'm in dance for the rest of the year

Sorry I have so many questions and thank you, everyone, for your help :)

Mars
February 12th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Mm don't worry about the weird looks. Once the girls get used to you there, it'll be fine. And even then just ignore them Lol.

As far as freestyle dancing... I would say work on your vocabulary of dance moves and combinations. Work a lot on different and new moves and incorporating new moves together, and like that when you dance free you can just go off the top of your head the different moves you know.

Hm... idk about dance tips in general, but I guess work on strength and stamina as well as doing dance? It'll help a bunch. Idk any specific exercises for dancers tho, sorry :P

eric2001
February 12th, 2017, 05:46 PM
All those girls and just you??? = AWESOME ;)

AceOfHearts
February 14th, 2017, 02:24 AM
:)).
to op: Just google whatever you need on youtube, you can find it for sure.

All those girls and just you??? = AWESOME ;)

Most of them are a year younger. There are a few hotties in the class, though ;) XD
Yeah. I probably will do the youtube idea. Thank you

Mm don't worry about the weird looks. Once the girls get used to you there, it'll be fine. And even then just ignore them Lol.

As far as freestyle dancing... I would say work on your vocabulary of dance moves and combinations. Work a lot on different and new moves and incorporating new moves together, and like that when you dance free you can just go off the top of your head the different moves you know.

Hm... idk about dance tips in general, but I guess work on strength and stamina as well as doing dance? It'll help a bunch. Idk any specific exercises for dancers tho, sorry :P

Thanks. I'll try to work on my stamina and flexibility because they're my weakness right now. I'm doing a hip-hop dance right now in my small group, so I should hopefully pick up a few good moves from that. Thank you!!

Posts merged. Use the multiquote button next time. ~Mars

Just JT
February 14th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Ignore thweird looks. In fact approach the one giving you the weirdest look and ask her to help you in learning to dance. That will improve yiur confidence with being in a class with all girls, and break down that wall they are building. Especially if she agrees....

AceOfHearts
February 24th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Ignore thweird looks. In fact approach the one giving you the weirdest look and ask her to help you in learning to dance. That will improve yiur confidence with being in a class with all girls, and break down that wall they are building. Especially if she agrees....

Thats actually a really good idea! Thank you!!!