PDA

View Full Version : Really Shy

DaniR802
February 9th, 2017, 04:04 AM
I have soooooooooooo many questions, but I don't know how to ask. My parents just tell me stuff from the Bible, and I have zero friends because I am homeschooled. I hate it. I just got a cell phone today for my birthday, and I am not allowed on Facebook and it sucks.

How do I find people to talk to about all this stuff? Is it really a sin to have all these feelings?

angelina
February 9th, 2017, 05:47 AM
it is quite natural at this teen age..
it all depends how do you take it..
only evil deeds and thoughts against others are considered to be sin. Clear now?

edited. ~Endeavour

stoneflowe96
February 9th, 2017, 10:47 AM
It is very normal to have many questions and even the aversion of not like to talk with one parents is commen. You can ask questions in this forum.
Can you meet with other girls your age in your village or can you go in a sport club or something like that? So this is maybe a way to find friends.
I think your feelings are not a sin. I know feelings can be very confusing. They won't be better if you think they are a sin.

Elysium
February 9th, 2017, 11:17 AM
It's completely normal to have tons of questions. I can't really coach you in religion, but everything you're going through right now is very common. It's my personal belief that it shouldn't be as taboo and stigmatized as it is, but ultimately it's your decision how you want to treat it. You have a right to answers. That's why we're here.

DaniR802
February 9th, 2017, 12:34 PM
You are all so nice! Thanks!

Endeavour
February 9th, 2017, 12:46 PM
Puberty for Girls :arrow: Family and Friends
__

It's not a sin to feel this way in my opinion. As someone has said above, if something causes harm/evil to someone else then that's considered a sin. That's of course based on my own religion, and it's up to you to make up your own mind. Perhaps, if you're feeling confident, you could ask your parents why they don't allow you on social media, or if you could join a local club, that way you can make friends. Hope that helps you.

DaniR802
February 9th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Thanks, but they said I am to young and that there are people on there who will try to tempt me away from Jesus. :/ I wish they trusted me.

Just JT
February 9th, 2017, 01:10 PM
There no sin in discovering life and who you are. Being home schooled I'll bet is hard. Pretty lonely. You'll make friends here if you want to.

And that's not a sin. In my opinion.

BlackParadePixie
February 9th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I don't think any one person here can claim to have all the right answers. But I do believe this is a good place to look for some of them. There are lots of people here willing to help and give advice on lots of different subjects.
The feelings you are having are very normal and there is nothing sinful about wanting to find the truth about the way you feel.

DaniR802
February 9th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Thanks. I can't private message yet, but could I ask you stuff here?

BlackParadePixie
February 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM
I think you can ask anything you want as long as it doesn't violate any of VT's rules.
If you don't want to do that, you can also send someone a visitor message on their profile.

DaniR802
February 9th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks!

DocMcLovins
February 13th, 2017, 07:23 PM
It's not a sin to have feelings!!! Plus NOBODY is perfect any way so defintitely don't try to be, you will only fail. You have to figure out what is right and wrong for yourself. Like everyone can agree that stealing is wrong. Even if you don't believe in the bible people agree with that. But people still do. Most people will say wanting to have sex is perfectly fine and masturbating is fine and some will say sex is fine. Only really religious people will say not. But again it's not what others think it's how YOU feel. It's perfectly fine to do everything or do nothing.

About talking to others, in my state homeschoolers get together to work on homework and be social. I mean 90% is still at home lol. But they do like to chill wit other homeschool kids. Maybe you can do that.

Anniebanannie
February 13th, 2017, 07:33 PM

Is your family friends with other homeschooling families, with kids for you to be friends with? Does your church have a youth group? I hope you're comfortable asking questions here. But I'm interested to know if you have those other opportunities to meet kids. :)

Amethyst Rose
February 13th, 2017, 08:26 PM
You're only human; having feelings and being confused by them is only natural, and please don't ever think it is a sin. From everything you've said about your parents, it seems to me they care about you a lot and only want to protect you. Forgive me if this is going too far - you don't have to answer if you don't want to - have you ever given them a reason not to trust you?

I have a friend who is homeschooled, and she has made friends being involved in various things. Are there any hobbies you would like to pursue further, like dance/art/music/sports, or even approaching people your age at church?

WhoWhatWhen
February 13th, 2017, 10:34 PM
This website is a great place to ask all your questions, especially since everyone has different view points so you get different opinions. :yes:

idkwhatimdoing
February 24th, 2017, 09:04 PM

You can ask me anything on here or on my profile and I'll answer the best that I can. There's nothing wrong with wanting to know more.

Uniquemind
March 6th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Thanks, but they said I am to young and that there are people on there who will try to tempt me away from Jesus. :/ I wish they trusted me.

While it is true the internet can be a dangerous place.

Using Jesus as the foundational reason to shield a person from a sinful world is doing Satan and his demons a favor, because it allows them to prey on your ignorance of how the real world works.

What Jesus talked about was beware of allowing emotion to cause an individual to be overtaken by "fits of passion" meaning the point in which rational thought and emotion are no longer balanced and emotion dominates one's sound mind and judgement.

Scripture also says "nothing is evil in and of itself", so your parents are incomplete in teaching you the scriptures and it's causing confusion and angst in you.

It is very common for people in your situation to become more rebellious as you get older because of the guilt trips you might experience now in an attempt to appease your parents and authoritative figures. So be aware of that dynamic and you'll have to figure out some mental tricks to manage that energy in a positive way so as to minimize the negative effects of growing up in your type of household strictness.

The reality is this: your parents mean well, but they overlook the fact that they won't be able to shield you forever, and you need the experience of facing temptation, recognizing it for what it is, and turning away from it by your own will and discipline with your faith in God. You don't get that experience if you're restricted 100% from exposure to what life is gonna throw your way at age 16, or 18.

Ex: most people crawl before they walk, or learn to count to 10 before mastering calculus.

Disclosure: I am speaking in a religious context since the OP indicates such a response from this background is required to give good advice.