PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

Dalcourt
February 7th, 2017, 10:49 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/07/this-monster-tornado-just-rolled-through-new-orleans-major-damage-reported/?utm_term=.e4f755cfbf84

I dunno what's wrong with our weather here and why it always wants to kill us.
If it's not a flood or a hurricane it's a tornado...

mattsmith48
February 8th, 2017, 12:27 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/02/07/this-monster-tornado-just-rolled-through-new-orleans-major-damage-reported/?utm_term=.e4f755cfbf84

I dunno what's wrong with our weather here and why it always wants to kill us.
If it's not a flood or a hurricane it's a tornado...

Its just God who is pissed at people because of abortion and gay marriage.

Seriously tho because of climate change extreme destructive weather like tornados and hurricanes are becoming more common and destructive.

Dalcourt
February 8th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Its just God who is pissed at people because of abortion and gay marriage.

Seriously tho because of climate change extreme destructive weather like tornados and hurricanes are becoming more common and destructive.

Well that God being pissed stuff was something a lot of conservative and religious people said after hurricane Katrina, I kid you not. They said so cuz the city of New Orleans is so liberal compared to most of the South.

But guess you are right. Extreme weather due to climate change will probably one day kill us all.

bentheplayer
February 8th, 2017, 05:58 AM
Well that God being pissed stuff was something a lot of conservative and religious people said after hurricane Katrina, I kid you not. They said so cuz the city of New Orleans is so liberal compared to most of the South.

But guess you are right. Extreme weather due to climate change will probably one day kill us all.

Oooooh. Maybe the wind gods are angry. Quick someone needs to perform some rituals to appease them.... These southern "Christians" who gloat over others are no better than pharisees and are simply using God's name in vain.

In all seriousness, these have already been predicted but profits were prioritized over the environment which is never going to affect the capitalists. The world's economy and fiat money derives their value from oil.

Just JT
February 8th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Hey Peanut_ just take care and stay safe bro...

And ignore the prejudicial comments. They mean nothing ok?

Falcons_11
February 9th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I was really upset when I heard about the tornado that struck eastern New Orleans. I have many relatives that live there and I was born there too. My mom is a New Orleanian. Hurricane Katrina happened 11 1/2 years ago and it devastated almost all the city. New Orleans really hasn't fully recovered from this tragedy and now it has to deal with another tragedy. But despite all of these happenings my hometown will persevere. The spirit and soul of New Orleans sustains her. BTW..New Orleans celebrates her 300th. year anniversary in 2018 and Mardi Gras (Carnival) will be celebrated this February 28, 2017.

Phosphene
February 9th, 2017, 06:54 PM
That's very upsetting, I hope you and your family/friends are all ok? Stay safe :hug:

Sailor Mars
February 9th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Keep this thread on topic and positive please. The last thing we need is to bring politics and personal beliefs into a dangerous, potentially deadly scenario.

Further comments that can be taken as offensive or spiteful will be deleted.

On that note, stay safe Peanut_

Voice_Of_Unreason
February 12th, 2017, 09:28 PM
A few years back a tornado came within a few miles of my house, so I have experienced the dangers of such. I wish you safety and luck down there.

The USA has always had a bad history with natural disasters, especially in the South. Claiming that a spell of bad weather is all because of climate change is like saying that a spell of cold calm weather is proof that climate change doesn't exist, so lets leave the climate rants out of this. And a thread describing a disaster like such is not the proper place to start mocking people for no good reason, so hush it.

mattsmith48
February 13th, 2017, 01:37 AM
A few years back a tornado came within a few miles of my house, so I have experienced the dangers of such. I wish you safety and luck down there.

The USA has always had a bad history with natural disasters, especially in the South. Claiming that a spell of bad weather is all because of climate change is like saying that a spell of cold calm weather is proof that climate change doesn't exist, so lets leave the climate rants out of this. And a thread describing a disaster like such is not the proper place to start mocking people for no good reason, so hush it.

While it is true that the US has a long history of natural disasters, we have enought evidence to say that climate change does increase the frequency, the intensity, the duration and timing of extreme weather events like droughts, floods, heat waves, hurricanes, tornadoes... So yeah it is relevant to the discusion.

nebula
February 13th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Hope your friends and family are safe buddy :)

Sailor Mars
February 13th, 2017, 09:22 AM
While it is true that the US has a long history of natural disasters, we have enought evidence to say that climate change does increase the frequency, the intensity, the duration and timing of extreme weather events like droughts, floods, heat waves, hurricanes, tornadoes... So yeah it is relevant to the discusion.

Regardless, this is not an ROTW debate, so please do not continue.

everlong
February 13th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I watched the video on the site. I'd be scared shitless being in the same state as a tornado, let alone that close.

Voice_Of_Unreason
February 13th, 2017, 08:09 PM
I'd be scared shitless being in the same state as a tornado, let alone that close.Call me suicidal, but I always get a positive energy rush in situations like being in a major storm, getting lost in the woods, throwing rocks at beehives, or doing all sorts of dumb dangerous stuff. I have a feeling that I am going to get seriously injured one day from doing something really dumb, like standing outside during a thunderstorm.

Anyways, I hope you are not like me and stay away from dangerous situations!

Dalcourt
February 15th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I watched the video on the site. I'd be scared shitless being in the same state as a tornado, let alone that close.

Yeah it was pretty scary especially as it all happens so fast...we are more used to hurricanes. You can prepare for those way better but here as soon as you get the warning everthing has to be very quick.

Call me suicidal, but I always get a positive energy rush in situations like being in a major storm, getting lost in the woods, throwing rocks at beehives, or doing all sorts of dumb dangerous stuff. I have a feeling that I am going to get seriously injured one day from doing something really dumb, like standing outside during a thunderstorm.

Anyways, I hope you are not like me and stay away from dangerous situations!

Lol, not enough excitement in your life? Sure you get a rush of adrenaline but still...I could have gladly done without a lot of natural disasters and other dangerous shit I experienced. Personally I came out mostly unharmed but not everyone is that lucky.

So don't push your luck guys.

WeathermanSam1
February 16th, 2017, 09:29 PM
I live in Nebraska, so we usually have one or so tornado warnings a year. The good news is that the lead time until a tornado strikes is getting larger and very few people die in a tornado. Yes, I understand that a lot of houses in the south do not have basements, but that doesn't mean that you have to overreact. If you overreact, it is easier to be caught by the tornado at the wrong time.