PDA

View Full Version : Everyone thinks im gay

Eli.
February 5th, 2017, 12:07 AM
So, in 3rd and 4th grade, I had a very high voice, it continued to be high until seventh grade, just a teeny bit deeper. Due to this, everyone would call me gay. I also like theatre, making people believe even more that I am a homosexual. But I'm not. Instead of repeating that, I just told everyone I am gay. I started only hanging out with girls and talking about boys. It just felt weird. Now everyone thinks I am actually gay, because I pretended to be. How do I tell everyone I am not gay? Or do I just not? I'm going to a new school next year, so I won't see these people again, so not telling them I am straight is an option. But Idk.

drhalsey1
February 5th, 2017, 12:19 AM
Well, your did choose to pretend to be gay, so they'd kinda believe it. I'd say probably just wait until you have the new school, new people, new start to just be you

Dalcourt
February 5th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Well telling people you are something you aren't is never a good idea and getting out of it isn't easy at all I'd say.
So if you don't wanna go through the hassle of explaining yourself I would also say leave things like they are on your current school. Start new and honest about yourself in your new school. And for the future...if people say such things like that just let them talk. Your personality determines who you are not what others say...and there's no need to justify your interests like that. Nobody fits 100% into what's expected and that's what makes us individuals.

ska8er
February 5th, 2017, 05:17 AM
After u told everyone that u were gay there is
no way that ur going to make them believe ur
not so u have to just go along with it. Next year
when u change schools and meet new people b
urself and don't b self conscious of the way u
sound or what things u like.

Just JT
February 5th, 2017, 05:42 AM
You did that?
Sorry, but so you've lied to everyone you know about your sexuality for however long they've believed that. So to tell them the truth now....they'd probably not believe you, but also not trust you to. I just don't understand why you'd do that. Not trying to judge you, but I just don't understand it.

Anyways I think I'd keep that to yourself and move on with life and be yourself going forward. Your going to a new school that's good for this. But also know you may still cross paths with these people in your future again. Or maybe end up having mutual friends. Unless your moving yo a new city or something.

Just be yourself and don't give a shit what people think of you. It's a little easier. And you won't risk losing or making friends and keeping their trust. Besides, who says you need to proclaim your sexual orientation publicly anyways?

Amethyst Rose
February 5th, 2017, 11:18 AM
This is definitely an "honesty is the best policy" situation; you could have avoided all this by just being honest in the first place. I know it's not easy to do when you have so many people in agreement against what you know to be the truth, but it would have saved you a lot of grief. Their reasons for thinking you're gay are pretty irrelevant too... like for example I'm sure plenty of straight guys love theater and plenty of gay guys hate it. It's impossible to determine someone's sexuality like that.

If something like this happens at your new school do not go along with it. You'll be more content with people knowing the real you.

pconnor
February 5th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Tell them the truth at your new school-that you are straight-not gay.

Hermes
February 8th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Admitting you lied is never easy because it then means the people you lied to now don't know which version is the lie and which is the truth. I know you'd be saying the old version was the lie and the new one (that you're not gay) is the truth but how would they know you're not lying to them now?

When you get to the new school don't put on an act for anyone. Pursue the interests you want to and the relationships you want to and if people give you a hard time just tell them it's your life and to worry about their own lives instead.

lifehackerVP
February 10th, 2017, 09:55 AM
That sucks but you should not have said that.

Eli.
February 10th, 2017, 09:51 PM
You did that?
Sorry, but so you've lied to everyone you know about your sexuality for however long they've believed that. So to tell them the truth now....they'd probably not believe you, but also not trust you to. I just don't understand why you'd do that. Not trying to judge you, but I just don't understand it.

Anyways I think I'd keep that to yourself and move on with life and be yourself going forward. Your going to a new school that's good for this. But also know you may still cross paths with these people in your future again. Or maybe end up having mutual friends. Unless your moving yo a new city or something.

Just be yourself and don't give a shit what people think of you. It's a little easier. And you won't risk losing or making friends and keeping their trust. Besides, who says you need to proclaim your sexual orientation publicly anyways?

Yea, I don't really know what I was doing. It was years ago, and for some reason I thought it would be easier to pretend to be gay than to be pushed to say I was. But thanks for the advice.

Just JT
February 11th, 2017, 04:36 AM
No problem. But I'm just kinda curious now. Your how old? And you got how many years telling people your gay, and then how many like dates or "sexual encounters" have you had? And how did all that work out?

ilc.69
February 11th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Well, whatever you have done by now cannot be changed. You just gotta cope with it and look for a solution. I relate to you because many people think I'm gay, but what I've come to realize is that I shouldn't give a shit about what everyone thinks. That I should just be me, and too bad if someone else thinks some stupid shit. I know it's hard to do, I'm still working on it, but that's what you gotta do to. And also, you have to take advantage of this school change you're about to make. Make sure you start by being yourself and not falling or going along with someone else's game, which hurts you. Stay confident, it doesn't matter if your voice is higher

Harrier
February 11th, 2017, 07:09 PM
Dude I've made mistakes in my life about what I said but I never would've gone along with the rumor that I was gay. Hopefully you have learned your lesson. At your new school tell the truth from now on. And hope that the rumors don't follow you on social media and what not.