PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Cats or Dogs?

parhelion
February 2nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
You can learn a lot about a person based on whether they find companionship in a dog or in a cat.

Which do you prefer, and what do you like about that animal? What do you also like about the animal you don't prefer?

Personally, I love cats. I find them cuter and they don't have that dog smell to them. I have a sensitive nose to that kind of smell. I also like how they can tell when you're happy or sad, and will cuddle with you. However, I really like taking dogs for walks and wish cats did that too. I also like how you can easily train dogs. You can train cats but it's harder, haha.

Mars
February 2nd, 2017, 12:30 PM
I prefer cats as well, though I've had both a cat and 2 dogs before. Cats are a lot more relaxed and (compared to the dogs I had) a lot smaller and easier to take care of. Dogs are good too, but overall I'd rather have a cat than a dog.

Amethyst Rose
February 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM
I've never had a cat or a dog, but I think cats would suit me better. Especially my VT unicat/caticorn :3 I'd like to have one of each at some point (not at the same time, preferably).

Barbara.
February 2nd, 2017, 06:26 PM
I prefer cats as they are so easy to care for and self sufficient. We use to have a dog until it sniped at my baby brother and had to get rid of it.

everlong
February 2nd, 2017, 07:45 PM
I'm a cat kind of guy. If I had to choose, I'd like the one that's much more quiet and collected. I don't have the energy to own a dog. However, I'll play with any dog at someone else's house until the world ends.

City Kid
February 3rd, 2017, 06:56 PM
I prefer dogs because cats are so unpredictable.

Chaotic Trickster
February 3rd, 2017, 08:34 PM
I like cats better.

Dalcourt
February 3rd, 2017, 10:38 PM
I like animals in general so I like both but I like cats better than dogs. I love that they have such strong personalities and kinda do what they want compared with dogs. So yeah basically I'm a cat person I love cats but my friends say that all cats not only my own live me, too, lol.

Melodic
February 4th, 2017, 12:00 AM
I feel like I'm going to get smacked for this since I do volunteer at an animal rescue shelter but definitely dogs.

niceguy44
February 4th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Cats

ceto2
February 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM
i love my dogs also love my cats as well.

Hermes
February 4th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Cats are certainly easier but they are not as loyal. All it takes is for your neighbour to offer them good and they're off. Dogs always greet you and seem to genuinely appreciate your company rather than just see you as a source of food.

auser_name
February 4th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Dogs. No argument. Mans friends since the dawn of mankind

azure moonstone
February 5th, 2017, 12:12 AM
I love both dogs and cats :)

I would be more likely to have a cat, though.

Abyssal Echo
February 5th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I love animals in general. I'm dog person.

eric2001
February 5th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Bow Wows always!

Endeavour
February 5th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Cats. Not really a massive fan of dogs.

Babs
February 5th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Man I love dogs but cats all the way. They're so good. You have to pencil it into your schedule just for your dog to take a shit. Cats are more independent, but they're still social animals and I like that. People go on about how cats don't love people, nah, cats don't love them, but cats love me. I've had really good bonds with cats.

I used to have a cat that would sleep in my bed every night, sleep on my back or stomach or curled up in the crook of my arm. She would bring me presents, like balled up socks or, one time, a live mouse. She released a live mouse in my room just for me.

parhelion
February 6th, 2017, 08:22 AM
I prefer dogs because cats are so unpredictable.

They really are, but that's what makes them interesting to me. I've also been told that I have a cat-like personality because of that, haha!

brandon9
February 6th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Cats. My most loyal friend (only friend) ever was my cat.

Just JT
February 7th, 2017, 05:51 PM
I love dogs. I used to gave one when I lived with dad. He was awesome. He went everywhere with me. He'd do anything. Even when I'd sit on he floor and get hi he'd sit in the circle and move his head around and breath in what we exhaled. We'd have a blast with him lol!!!

ska8er
February 8th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I had a dog for 11 years for most of my life
since I was 4 but he died two years ago. Now
I have 2 tuxedo cats for the past 8 years. I like
all animals-I have no favorites.

pjones
February 11th, 2017, 04:17 PM
never had a dog tho i do like them. did have a cat that we put down last year, he was older than me. liked how independent he was, but also could be very affectionate too. i miss him a lot

Lyly
February 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Dogs definitely and all other animals

jmhg11
February 22nd, 2017, 04:14 AM
lizards... I'm weird

EvaNL
February 23rd, 2017, 12:41 PM
I definitely prefer cats over dogs. Cats are like "I'm doing things MY way and if you try to stop me, I'll scratch you". I can be like that too sometimes :rolleyes:

Dragonmaster69
February 23rd, 2017, 12:51 PM
I like both

Dmaxd123
March 16th, 2017, 05:30 PM
they both have their place but dogs are a bit more personable to me.

being able to go for walks, no litter box, play games with them

MissQuestionMark
March 18th, 2017, 04:28 AM
I love kitties! :D

I don't mind some doggies but it's confusing because there's so many different breeds that change the size and shape of dogs but with cats they all pretty much look and act the same. Cats always like a scratch behind the ear and a backrub but I don't know about dogs.

It's weird cause the huge husky type dogs look really cute but they're big and could rip you apart but I'd still stroke one if he didn't growl at me first.

IzzyB
March 18th, 2017, 09:33 PM
I like a both a lot, but prob prefer cats! Dogs can be great and are prob smarter, but man I hate cleaning up their poo! And they can so destroy stuff. Cats can be kinda distant and not nice, but when they're cuddly they're the best!

The1uwant
April 6th, 2017, 12:14 AM
dog, because they are loyal

ChloeF
April 6th, 2017, 03:55 AM
Dogs. The demented Doberman we have is the most awesome, loyal animal l can imagine. Sorry to the cat lovers but he considers it his purpose in life to chase and harass them every chance he gets.

darla
April 6th, 2017, 01:54 PM
cats

Nelli
April 12th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Cats.

Falcons_11
April 28th, 2017, 08:55 PM
I like both. But I prefer cats.

wrecked
May 1st, 2017, 08:21 PM
dogs !!!

Jordanchill
May 6th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Although I enjoy the company of both cats and dogs, I would have to say, at this point in my life, I enjoy cats slightly more than dogs. For a young person just getting out in the world and trying to find themselves in life, cats are perfect simply because they are more independent than dogs are. The owner can go out and hang out with friends as well as work/school without worrying about the animal having an accident or needing a lot of emotional attention like a child. Dogs are better off in a family unit that has the ability to provide all of the attention it needs.

Shiny Moon
May 7th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Dogs ftw!

ShineintheDark
May 7th, 2017, 11:09 AM
My passion is cats even though I'vbe never had one because they're independent but affectionate so they don't take up as much of your time and concentration as dogs may do but can still be there for companionship. Of course, they need quite a bbit of attention too at times. A for dogs, I love them too but I don't think I could ever have one myself

volleyballer13
May 7th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Dogs of course! Cats are mean.

Remora
May 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Which do you prefer, and what do you like about that animal? What do you also like about the animal you don't prefer?

I have difficulty answering this because i love both of these animals for different reasons, but i have a cat at home- so i'll go with cat.

I like cats because they are independent, but will still know when you are in need of a fluffy shoulder to cry on. You don't need to give them as much attention and while sometimes you'll be unable to give them the attention you want to give them because they're just not feeling like it.

I like dogs because they're always happy, loving, there for you if you need them, etc. but i just don't have the time to give them the love they need.

Beltane1001
May 14th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I like both tbh. I don't think there's a reason you can't enjoy both

themanconnor
May 22nd, 2017, 09:35 PM
I am a dog person. Never really liked cats

Tyler97
May 23rd, 2017, 07:48 PM
I like both, I have two cats and one dog. If I had to choose, I'd say cats because they're clean, more independent and easier to look after.

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Dogs, though I don't mind cats at all.

Thedukeoftrumpet
June 30th, 2017, 03:23 AM
I've owned about 10 dogs and about 10 cats in my life and I think that cats are better than dogs.

Flapjack
July 1st, 2017, 08:01 AM
I loveeee cats!!! especially the energetic cats that at like dogs, running after you and being all playful :') Dogs do make better companions but they are also more work and are soooo loud!

DriveAlive
July 1st, 2017, 10:57 AM
Cats are the best for sure. Unchanged for thousands of years.

kimmykim
July 1st, 2017, 10:59 AM
i like both

Orange Kenny
July 2nd, 2017, 07:13 PM
I've always loved dogs and kind of didn't care for cats because they're more "carefree". But I really can't choose because both can be cute, loving animals.

Andres_s
July 4th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Both, but maybe i'm more of a dog kind of person (i prefer big dogs tho)

ska8er
July 21st, 2017, 06:30 PM
I like both. I have a cat and a dog as pets
and they understand me more than anyone
else.

hjhj
July 21st, 2017, 11:01 PM
Cats! Fun fact: I'm allergic to dogs :yeah:

Fleek
July 21st, 2017, 11:04 PM
I like small dogs that dont shed much

katie03
July 23rd, 2017, 07:58 AM
Cats don't like me. D:

Ragle
July 24th, 2017, 04:04 AM
Dogs. Got two at home. Golden Retriever and a St. Bernard.

Tom55
July 26th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Dogs :rolleyes:

Cody_O
July 28th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Dogs
We have dogs and a cat, dogs are great fun and seem to want to do everything they can to make us happy, while our cat spends his time jumping out of hiding places and trying to scare us, he's always plotting ways to terrorise the humans in his family!

Macks
July 28th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Both of them are pretty cool. I like the companionship of a dog but cats are sometimes cuter and cooler. Unfortunately I'm one of the only people in my family who's not allergic to them so I don't get to see them often (cats).

CrypticBread2
July 28th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I like both cats and dogs, but I prefer cats for a couple of reasons. Cats don't need active looking after, (like you can leave them for a couple of days with food that auto refill and they are fine). Cats also have really cool personalities.

Crowboy
August 4th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I love all animals, I think cats are better than dogs though :P

redi04
August 5th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Dogs

MaxDude
August 5th, 2017, 05:31 PM
i like doggos

Niceguy17
August 8th, 2017, 01:12 AM
I have always had both. I prefer cats to a certain extent, but my 13 year old cat just died this year and I'm not that close to my other two cats like I was with her. But my Husky is really close to me now. I love her, I wouldn't take anything for her.

Anniebanannie
August 16th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Cats don't like me. D:

Cats don't like anyone. lol

jennycakes
August 16th, 2017, 08:49 PM
You can learn a lot about a person based on whether they find companionship in a dog or in a cat.

Personally, I love cats. I find them cuter and they don't have that dog smell to them. I have a sensitive nose to that kind of smell. I also like how they can tell when you're happy or sad, and will cuddle with you. However, I really like taking dogs for walks and wish cats did that too. I also like how you can easily train dogs. You can train cats but it's harder, haha.

My neighbors take their cat(Sassy) for walks all the time. They bought a harness for her. Said it took a little time for Sassy to adjust to the harness.

I'm a dog person. Think they have more personality. Cats seem more independent.

Posts merged. Please use the edit button next time. ~Jinglebottom

NewLeafsFan
August 18th, 2017, 12:42 AM
I wish you had actually used a poll for this so that we could actually see results. I'm a dog person btw.

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I'm a dog person!

Suzy18
August 19th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Both.

Katiec
August 20th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Cats every time. I love our cat so much

bojack
August 20th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Cats, but only by a bit. Dogs are great too, but cats are just cuter

Andari
August 30th, 2017, 10:30 AM
cats

they're quiet and happy to stay indoors in most of their time ( like me ) they hunt any vermins who dares to enter the house and purring is one of the most relaxing sounds you can have

what i like about dogs is how happy they are to see you when you enter even if you're just a guest while when i come in my cat often sits on the couch and give me an apathetic " what the hell do you want " look :eyebrow:

Seabadger67
August 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Definitely cats, they're easier to take care of and their loyalty is harder to earn, thus more rewarding ^_^

Akksksosppapapwpee
August 30th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Its a hard choice but i think ill go with doga
S

xXl0sth0peXx
September 5th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Both??? I really enjoy cats a lot but also at the same time, i live with 3 dogs now and they're growing on me very much so idk

Jinglebottom
September 5th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. Repeat after me. Dogs.

Vermilion
September 5th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Cats but dog's are great To

Scarydrago
September 6th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Ferrets

Trish_Lynn
September 6th, 2017, 09:37 PM
We have both. Dogs are fun to play with and can be very loyal. They will protect you from harm (depending on the type of dog of course).

But cats are sooooo cute, especially when they are kittens. My cat cuddles with me at night and sleeps on my bed. Her purring is so soothing.

Dogs rely on their humans to feed them but a cat (not a house cat) will go catch mice and feed themselves :) Plus they cover up their poop and you have to pick up after a dog.

Alisha_
September 29th, 2017, 02:55 PM
We have both, but i prefer cats over dogs, though dogs are really fun to play with! :)

bonbon
September 29th, 2017, 05:16 PM
I prefer cats. Dogs are much more 'dominated' by their owner, it is a master-slave relationship. Cats are much more independent, and they seem to see humans more as equals than masters. I like that.

Plus, they don't bark. I just hate when a dog constantly barks for nothing.

Jake445
October 2nd, 2017, 03:12 PM
I don't have a pet but I would like to have a cat.

Brookie Cookie
October 2nd, 2017, 09:52 PM
I have a dog who's the absolute best most adorable loving thing in the whole wide world! So yeah I might be a teensy bit biased lol

PinkFloyd
October 2nd, 2017, 09:58 PM
I've had cats my whole life, so I choose cats, but I really want a dog too, so for me, it's a 60/40 split.

benster
October 4th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Dogs more than cats but both

sazzzo
October 5th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Definitely cats. Dogs can be too noisy sometimes but I know that not all dogs are like that. Cats are more cuddly.

EthanK
October 16th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Dogs and cats