PDA

View Full Version : Coming out to my dad

Discover
February 2nd, 2017, 07:29 AM
Hey,

So, I have told my mother and sister that I am kind of dating this guy, however I told my dad that I just went with a friend. How can I tell him that I'm actually interested in dating guys? ( I don't talk often about these kind of things with him)

zack.zack
February 2nd, 2017, 11:37 AM
Only you know how your dad would react to information like that, so you have to decide how to tell him based on that. If he is very open minded and supports your unconditionally, then one way to do it would be to start by saying, "You know that friend that I went out with the other night. . . " and go from there. Its never an easy thing to do, but its something that you CAN do.

parhelion
February 2nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
I've had a friend that just had her mom tell her dad for her. If that sounds like something you want to do, go for it.

If you want it to be more personal, though, I had another friend who wrote a letter to his parents. Just slip it under their door and wait until they read it. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck!

auser_name
February 2nd, 2017, 06:00 PM
Honestly, we can tell you all sorts of things but at the end of the day. He's your father. You know him better than we will. I would use my mother and my sister as support when I would go tell my father if they knew, but thats me.

ska8er
February 2nd, 2017, 08:35 PM
U have to b sure that he can handle the news
or u will have a war. U know him better even
tho u don't talk about things like this with him.
U said u opened up to ur Mom-y not ask her
what her opinion is coming out to him.

pconnor
February 2nd, 2017, 08:46 PM
ask your mom for ideas on how to tell your dad.

ilc.69
February 12th, 2017, 03:39 PM
It might be hard. Because parents, mostly the ones of our generation, are very conservative about this aspect (some of them) but you just gotta let it out and teel him, in the right words obviously. Good Luck!!