PDA

View Full Version : In search of the truth?

bentheplayer
February 2nd, 2017, 06:20 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/02/lying-sign-nigel-farage-european-parliament-mep
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/01/i-had-a-screw-it-moment-says-mep-who-held-sign-up-behind-nigel-farage

MEP holds a sign behind Nigel Farage saying "He is lying to you". Is the kind of politics where the truth is so openly distorted into the era of alternative facts? Where are the people or powers to hold these liars accountable?

idefineme
February 2nd, 2017, 09:23 PM
There is an argument if there is such a thing if there is ultimate truths about most things. Some say everything is a matter of perspective and perception. Others say you can see everything to its core. What ever way you think you like, what makes is what you do to act on what you feel is right.

Voice_Of_Unreason
February 3rd, 2017, 01:01 AM
The media already tried "policing" information. Called the "Fake News" campaign, it blew up in their faces.

I would talk more if you brought up an actual solid example of political deception, not the opinion of a sign-carrying liberal. Politicians claiming each-others to be liars is not abnormal, and most of the time the claims of lying are unfounded or are even lies themselves.

bentheplayer
February 3rd, 2017, 05:49 AM
Many of these politicians love using sleigh of hand, regardless of party. That guy is from the Labor party which is not really a true liberal. Politics in Uk/Europe are very different from that of the US and to simply deem one party as left or right would be grossly negligent. Their proposed policies are usually a mixture of left and right ideas or dare I say class warfare. Labor usually reps the working class while conservative rep the middle to upper middle.

I was just merely pointing out the state politics has descended to where no one can be trusted. Chill man. There is no need to degrade yourself to the levels of politicians who make every issue a partisan one. Surely we are better than that?

If you insist on having a solid example of political deception, look no further than to the inauguration numbers.

The media is never a good means of policing when they mostly exist to sell and make profits.

auser_name
February 5th, 2017, 04:19 PM
truth? there is no truth in this world. Everything is a lie. Everything everyone says is a lie. Especially the government.