PDA

View Full Version : Body type

Fiona2
January 31st, 2017, 08:13 PM
I'm 14 and have always had an athletic body and I've been working out a lot the last few years. My body fat has become even lower. You can see veins on my arms and legs and they really pop out when I'm working out. I'm just curious if there are any other girls out there that look like me?

Mars
January 31st, 2017, 09:36 PM
You're probably not drinking enough water when you're working out. Stay hydrated and eat well and you won't have to really worry about body fat count in the first place.

Fiona2
January 31st, 2017, 10:51 PM
You're probably not drinking enough water when you're working out. Stay hydrated and eat well and you won't have to really worry about body fat count in the first place.

I drink lots of water and eat very healthy. I'm not that worried about body fat. I was just curious if there were other girls that look like me.

Mars
January 31st, 2017, 11:09 PM
I drink lots of water and eat very healthy. I'm not that worried about body fat. I was just curious if there were other girls that look like me.

That's usually the reason your veins stick out though, is because you aren't staying hydrated.

bentheplayer
January 31st, 2017, 11:48 PM
Fiona2 Mars It is perfectly normal. Here is a simply worded explanation. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-do-veins-pop-out-when/ Depending on the amount of subcutaneous fat, your cutaneous veins may be more visible and they will appear even more prominently after exercising. Dehydration has nothing to do with bulging veins. In fact it will cause vasoconstriction of veins instead.

BlackParadePixie
February 8th, 2017, 07:15 PM
I used to be like that when I was involved in sports. Now I just run a few times a week to keep in shape...but am a bit more pudgy than I used to be, I'm ok with that though.