PDA

View Full Version : Self concious

ClovesXIII
January 31st, 2017, 07:59 PM
I start swimming next week and I'm slightly worried. I don't want people seeing the stretch marks on my thighs. I wish I could make them disappear but the stretch mark cream my mom bought does absolutely nothing and it sucks being this young (14 going on 15) and knowing I have such an over developed body. Since I know the cause of this has to do with a mutation in my amino acids I try to find some closure in knowing it's nothing I could've ever controlled, but at the end of the day I still feel bad and really disgusted with myself. sometimes I wish I could get a redo and idk not come out with that horrible issue, but even if I got a redo, I fear i'd always have to go through early puberty :/

angelina
January 31st, 2017, 11:53 PM
you need not be worried much...there are effective creams to remove stretch mark..i told my doctor aunt.. when I get the answer I will tell you

SeeEmilyPlay
February 1st, 2017, 01:26 AM
don't worry about that. I used to worry about the same, I too have stretch marks. a few of girls at the pool have them and nobody really cares.

Amethyst Rose
February 1st, 2017, 06:45 PM
Lots of girls have stretch marks whether they're visible or not, it sucks having them but it's normal. Don't be self-conscious - if you spend your time worrying about them you won't enjoy swimming as much. If you're really worried ask your mom if you can try another cream or see what your doctor recommends.

Anniebanannie
February 1st, 2017, 07:24 PM
This might be a hard thing to do but.... Pretend you don't have stretch marks. Act like a girl who doesn't have stretch marks. By playing this role, it might bother you less and you'll be less likely to dwell on it and more likely to have fun swimming!

ClovesXIII
February 1st, 2017, 09:56 PM
thanks amethyst and annie, i'll try it but there's no promises i'll succeed.

Anniebanannie
February 2nd, 2017, 07:25 PM

Of course, it may not work. Or it may not work the first time. Good luck. :)

lori99
February 27th, 2017, 03:36 PM

Any updates for us?
I'm sure you got this :)

LITTLEANGEL17
March 2nd, 2017, 08:04 AM
Hiya sorry to hear about the problems you're having and the affect its having on you, First please dont get it in the way of your swimming as it sounds it means a lot to you.
I love swimming but I just do it for fun.
Here is a couple of sites I found That may help you, Have you seen your doctor yet.
Take Care and DONT let it get you down.
XX

http://www.treatcurefast.com/skin/stretch-marks/get-rid-of-stretch-marks-on-legs-calves-causes/

http://www.momjunction.com/articles/simple-tips-to-treat-stretch-marks-in-teenagers_0081658/

EvaNL
March 2nd, 2017, 09:13 AM
Everyone is nervous about their own body. It's normal.
Also, there are no perfect bodies. Every body has something "wrong" with it. I write that in parentheses, because who is to say what is wrong and right?
You're good the way you are. :)

ClovesXIII
March 3rd, 2017, 03:44 PM
Any updates for us?
I'm sure you got this :)

I do have an update actually, I'm getting a physical for track this weekend or the next so i'll talk to my doctor about it then, and I think i'm going to ask my mom to let me try another cream, fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the support, it really means something to me.

kalha123
November 29th, 2017, 02:10 AM
you need not be worried.thats normal.use off marks creams

Dalcourt
November 29th, 2017, 03:46 AM
This thread was bumped :locked: