PDA

View Full Version : How many people know?

heresjohnny
January 29th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Subject says it all... how'd you tell? Social media? In-person, etc? I'm guessing you told parents or family a different way than friends

Deleted User
January 29th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Honestly, this may not be a helpful answer if you're looking for advice on how to tell people but I just put it out there. Like hey, I'm queer. Okay? Moving on.

It wasn't a big deal for me. I got a bit emotional with my parents in part because of all the horror stories I read from other users here. But I shouldn't have let that frighten me because it went as well as I thought it would. As for friends, they know and are cool. Even strangers on social media know and if they have a problem, they can unfollow me for all I care.

I just decided that I was going to be me, I guess.

Just JT
January 29th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Agreed

For me I never "came out". I just was. Not sure how else to do it. I just did what I liked and felt and didn't give a shit about shit. They figured it out.
See the thing is people always assume your straight unless you "come out" as some other "identity". And if you need to do that then cool, that's what you need to do.

They found me with a guy when camping. I had a really goood weekend and we all Learned some good shit about each other

Jinglebottom
January 30th, 2017, 12:21 AM
No one knows and I'm trying my best not to reveal it.

ska8er
January 30th, 2017, 06:56 AM
In a lot of cases y come out and tell someone
ur Bi unless u want to find out if someone else
is the same. I don't c where anyone has to declare
it. As for Str8s declaring all the time that they r Str8
seems to b a red flag that they really r not. Unless u
r sure ur parents or friends can handle u coming out
Bi or Gay its not a good idea-look before u leap.

jamie_n5
January 30th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Well I guess I told my family that I was gay before I let it out to the world. You do what you feel is best for you man.

Bull
January 30th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Just live your life. Those close to you will figure it out. Others don't matter. No announcement needed. Good luck.

Babs
February 2nd, 2017, 12:00 AM
I don't even know, like 8 maybe. It's certainly no secret, it's just that not many people have asked and I never thought coming out as bisexual was terrible important. A lot of people have just assumed that I'm a full-on lesbo because I had short hair for a while and they never bothered to ask.

City Kid
February 3rd, 2017, 05:03 PM
Apart from strangers on the internet, just three people know I'm bi. The first one I told was my boyfriend. I was super nervous about it and it took me weeks to finally say it, which is absolutely ridiculous in hindsight. His reaction was like "Ok, cool" and that was it. The other two people who know are two of my friends. I told them when we were at the pub one night and I was fairly drunk. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the courage to do it if I had been sober. The thing is, I know that none of my friends would react badly or even care. It just seems so weird to tell them because all of them assume I'm straight and I've never corrected them, so telling them they were wrong all this time would feel like admitting to lying to them in the past. I know it doesn't make much sense, but it's just how I feel.

Dalcourt
February 4th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Dunno...I don't think I ever came out "officially" why should I? I don't hide it either just never got whether I had to make an official statement about it like I had to warn people around me.
If someone asks I tell them and I openly talk about in day to day life. It's something normal so I act like that.
I had never someone coming out as straight to me so why make the fuss about other preferences?
I admit sometime people are shocked by my blunt approach but who cares...

devotionnel
February 4th, 2017, 03:16 AM
The majority of my school kinda know because of the relationship, and I guess I'm alright with them knowing. We don't have any homophobic people in our year and a lot of people - including popular people - have said they'll have my back in case people do start saying negative stuff about it. It's nice to have, but I know I won't really need them.

My mums side of the family know and honestly they've apparently known for a long time... so I guess it's made me feel closer to my mum again since me and her kinda had a barrier there and it feels nice.

So yeah, my coming out experience has been really smooth and easy... I'm just purposely not telling people I know won't react so positively.

----

Also as a little protip pleeease don't do what my friend (girl in my year who's also in a lesbian relationship) did and don't tell your mum anything until one day she just notices a love bite... yeah... her reaction was a bit animated and the exact thing you SHOULDN'T do... :lol:

loki2000
February 4th, 2017, 09:07 AM
I keep my sexual preference all to my self..I`m still in school so i dont want any one knowing my business..i keep a small circle

Miss Ophelia
February 4th, 2017, 04:48 PM
My girlfriends know. And some people here also know.

I think that's it. :)

Riley23
February 12th, 2017, 06:19 AM
Everyone knows, I told on social media

pjones
February 12th, 2017, 12:44 PM
my boyfriend and i tried to tell our parents but they had already figured it out. so they know, my brother knows, my bf's cousin and our close friends. we haven't announced that we are a couple but i'm sure there are more that assume we are.

SeansLittleBro
February 12th, 2017, 08:24 PM
One day I just sat down with my parents and told them I was gay. It wasn't a big deal because I wasn't the only son that told them that I was gay my older brothers are both gay so they sort of set the tone for me and nothing surprised my parents about it they said they had known for a while my twin brother is bi and he did tell them that

LiamC
February 13th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Everyone knows. When ask.fm was a thing I did the dramatic teenager thing when I was 16 and answered an anon question saying i was gay lmao, you know what school is like at that time, it was a bit of gossip for a few days until there was a break-up or new couple to take the limelight off me!

When I came to uni, because I'm a bit more mature now, I just did a similar thing to a few posters above. I didn't need a big splash with it, I just sort of either posted something on FB or Twitter that might reveal my sexuality as I normally would (maybe just "Nick Jonas is hot", maybe an impassioned speech about gay rights slipping in how it affects me, whatever), or I slipped it into conversation. One time was something like we were talking about other unis, I said that my ex went to a uni that one of my friend's sister's was at, and just made it clear with a male pronoun :P Another time I just said "none I actually like guys" when someone asked me who was the most attractive girl on our course, this was like the first day.

pjones
February 18th, 2017, 06:39 PM
my boyfriend and i tried to tell our parents but they had already figured it out. so they know, my brother knows, my bf's cousin and our close friends. we haven't announced that we are a couple but i'm sure there are more that assume we are.

on Thursday my boyfriend and i were sort of "outed" during lunch at school. a jerk came over to us and asked if we were queer for each other and my bf told him we are.

at first i wasn't too happy he said anything but realized that night i no longer have to hide my life and it feels great!

Dragonmaster69
February 23rd, 2017, 02:59 PM
I didn,t really come out either I just didn't hide it I was just myself. I had a cpl friends ask and I told them after they asked. My bestfriend knew without me having to tell him and he doesn't care

Abyssal Echo
February 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM
I'm out... have been since middle school... I don't feel the need to post it or make announcements anymore... anybody that knows me knows.

ImCoolBeans
February 25th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I told my parents and most of my friends in person. I didn't feel the need to make a facebook post or make a statement on social media. I felt like I told everyone who was important to me, and everyone else either figured it out or found out through osmosis. I wasn't trying to keep a secret, I just feel like it doesn't really matter who I like or want to sleep with, so why should I have to tell /everyone/ I know, including people I wouldn't inform of who I like or want to be intimate with even if I was straight.

kyrocks03
April 1st, 2017, 09:02 AM
My parents and siblings know and also my best friend knows as well, but he is also. It isn't something that has come up with other friends. I don't advertise it and I don't act in a manner that would lead others to suspect me. The way I see it is that it isn't anyone's business.

Brightwolf
April 1st, 2017, 02:32 PM
My mom found out by looking at what I searched on the internet. One of my best friends figured it out cause I had a crush on him. I told my brother and another friend. And you guys, of course.

sktrboychgo
April 4th, 2017, 09:52 AM
yeah, everyone pretty much knows. i told my parents myself, and i was lucky. they were pretty normal about it. with my friends, it just was natural. everyone kind of assumed i was gay, so i didn't have a big "coming out" moment, more like, a few people asked, and then everyone just knew.