PDA

View Full Version : What's it like to have a sister?

The Cat Man
January 26th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I only have one brother in my family, with me being a guy as well, so there's no women in the house besides my mom. I've always wondered what life would be like if I had a sister.

If you're a guy and have a sister, what's it like living with her? What's brother-sister rivalry like and how do you act towards each other? I could go on and on, but I basically just want to know what life is like living with a sister instead of a brother.

Jinglebottom
January 27th, 2017, 12:02 AM
I have a sister, but we're twins so we're able to relate to each better than if we were different ages. We get along extremely well, but we do have our arguments, they turn ugly sometimes lol. We're also in the same classes so I kinda have to tolerate her. That rivalry ended a long time, at most we'll compete over grades but that's it. One minute she'll tell me how much of a "rat" I am (her go-to insult when it comes to me) and the other minute she's asking why I'm ignoring her. Our relationship in a nutshell tbh. She sure loves calling me a rat.

AceOfHearts
January 28th, 2017, 03:36 AM
It's annoying. you hate them for 60% of the day that your with them. But thy make you laugh and you love them because they're awesome like there big brother

erik2000
January 28th, 2017, 04:14 PM
I have a sister, she makes my life terrible, I don't like her. She is mean and makes fun of me and gets me into trouble.

Endeavour
January 28th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Hmmm, I don't really know how to describe the relationship with my sister. She's 6 years older than me so she's out most of the time, and we have completely different interests, but we do get along quite well. Of course there's arguments from time to time, but they turn out well in the end. Obviously that's my experience, and since I don't have a brother I don't have anything to compare it to.

jamie_n5
January 30th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I have a sister. We are 4 years apart me being the oldest. We are very close and open with each other and communicate well. We are kind of like best friends besides being brother and sister. We tell each other or deepest thoughts and secrets. I guess we are just lucky. We do have our little sibling spats too so don't get me wrong but for the most part we get along so great.

countryplowboy
January 30th, 2017, 11:26 PM
I have two sisters one 16 the other 23
We've always gotten along fine. Since I'm the youngest the do try to baby me a bit...my brother is my best friend completely but...a sister can help with many aspects of life and family.

idefineme
January 31st, 2017, 01:34 AM
Bros are awesome but sisters are a whole other creature. The can be amazing, fun, compassionate,a big help, or by contrast complete pains. Make the most of what you have, there is always more to want, but to be satisfied is the true feat.

NoahNoah
January 31st, 2017, 04:30 AM
I have two sisters, they're both younger than me and i love them so much. we hardly ever fight, but on the rare ocassion that we do it's over very serious matters.

mick01
February 1st, 2017, 10:49 AM
I have a sister who is 2 years older so she's 17. I would say for the most part we are friends and talk a lot since we're both in high school and have enough in common. There are times when she wants to be another mom and that's when we have problems.

DocMcLovins
February 15th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Dude! I'm your man to answer this! I have 3 sisters and live with them and my mom. My youngest sister is also my roommate. So I am surrounded by girls and the worst part is the smell!!! Perfume everywhere. My room is the least bad bc my sis doesn't use too much but my other sisters' br is awful and the rest of house is bad. Also just girls clothes everywhere. And shoes. And lotions. But the worst part mentally is just eing left out of conversations and stuff (tho if you just had one sister you wouldn't have that). I think having one sister would be ok. I sort of protect them. Especially the youngest. But I do wish I had a brother. Even a dad.

Kory123
March 8th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Oh boy, Having sisters definitely affected me and my life so bad you have no idea. My sisters and I were raised by parents who focused on our schooling because they went through tough times not originating from America, ya know typical stuff. Anyway, my sisters are both older by a few years, they are smart, pretty and popular, i mean I'm so proud to be their little brother and using their advice, they guided me. I used to be in a real bad spot, i dressed trashy, i didn't know how i should interact with people, and I wasn't doing well in school. They fixed me up completely, i go to them whenever i need help, even when their both busy in a Uni. I look up to both of them so much. They never got along with my parents when I was young ( our parents are the most caring and realistic, sacrificing parents you will ever know about. Communication and reasoning is the only problem in my family, we are all stubborn :) ). Now that I am in their shoes, I understand the arguments and how upset they must've been. I have great respect for them, my parents too, but I want to say no one in my family has nothing close to all of my respect.

Short answer is, Im proud to be their brother. We all matured, turned out great. They taught me how to prevent every mistake they did, they shaped who I am and I appreciate that. I would've been in a bad position without them :)

Just JT
March 9th, 2017, 02:01 PM
None of my friends who have sisters like them.

auser_name
March 9th, 2017, 04:34 PM
They are most annoying.

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 10:51 PM
I have two sisters and one brother. I have to admit I get along far better with my sisters than with my brother.

Jamesk0050
March 16th, 2017, 07:20 PM
My sisters are annoying

IzzyB
March 25th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I wish I had a sister :( but I have a great bff and she has sibs, so I kinda know what it's like.

bigwolf2
March 26th, 2017, 02:52 PM
It is normal. My sister is two years younger than me, so, I sometimes help her with schoolwork. Besides that, she can be quite annoying with her friends (but so can I with my friends). I do not think it is any different to having a brother.