PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 Help!

RavenTheGoddess
January 26th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Hey, so I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get amber alerts and emergency alerts to show up on my iPhone 4. I mainly use it as a music device but I would still like to receive alerts like that. The problem is when I go to notification center and scroll down, there is no "government alerts" category. I was wondering if anyone knew of a Cydia tweak that would allow me to receive amber and emergency alerts. Thanks for any help you can provide.

bentheplayer
January 27th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Hey, so I was wondering if it's possible to somehow get amber alerts and emergency alerts to show up on my iPhone 4. I mainly use it as a music device but I would still like to receive alerts like that. The problem is when I go to notification center and scroll down, there is no "government alerts" category. I was wondering if anyone knew of a Cydia tweak that would allow me to receive amber and emergency alerts. Thanks for any help you can provide.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5219140?start=0&tstart=0

Maybe this is why? Have you tried asking your telco?

Kyle37
January 27th, 2017, 03:50 PM
As far as I know, amber alerts only pop up at a specific time if you are in the vicinity, so its not like it appears as a notification. As far as a Cydia tweak that would do that, I really haven't looked (probably is, just don't know how stable that would be and for what real benefit).