PDA

View Full Version : Should I Go?

Ineedyou
January 23rd, 2017, 01:21 AM
I met a small group of friends online about 2 years ago and over the short time we've known each other they all have been better friends to me than my real life friends. We video chat almost everyday and they've helped me with a lot of life problems. Recently, they have been asking me to come and meet them in real life. They live about 4 hours away from my house, which isn't a problem because I have a car. Im very conflicted with what I should do, should I go meet them or not?

Babs
January 23rd, 2017, 04:32 AM
If it's possible to do so, then go for it. If you trust them then why not. But you should think about whether you can before whether you should, if you would have tranportation issues.

ClaraWho
January 23rd, 2017, 09:07 AM
Why not?

~ Clara

Uniquemind
January 23rd, 2017, 12:47 PM
I'd go but with a friend nearby to make sure the meet up doesn't go bad.

Amethyst Rose
January 23rd, 2017, 02:53 PM
If you trust them you should definitely go! It's not every day you have the opportunity to do that (I have some really close online friends but most of them are really far away), so take advantage of it. Bring someone with you if that makes you more comfortable.

Falcons_11
January 23rd, 2017, 03:36 PM
If they are really close friends I don't see why you shouldn't go and meet them in person. But for the first time I wouldn't meet them alone. I would meet them in a public place like a mall or coffee shop. Just my opinion.

Endeavour
January 23rd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Just be very very careful please. 4 hours is a long way to go on your own, to meet someone that you've never actually met. Bring someone you trust with you. Also, even though you're 17, it still might be a good idea to let your parents /guardians know where you are going, just in case. Personally I wouldn't do it, but it's up to you.

LiamC
January 23rd, 2017, 08:33 PM
I've done this recently! As long as you're careful, go for it. If they are important as you say, why deny yourself meeting them physically? The first time we met was in a mall sort of place, and then the next time they came to my house at uni.

ClaraWho
January 24th, 2017, 06:48 AM
If they are similar in age and you have been talking for more than 2 years ON WEBCAM/FACETIME, and you are meeting in a public place as a group - I cannot see any reason why you wouldn't?

Note the emphasis on having INTERACTED with them via these mediums verbally in ask/response. Video feeds can be faked sometimes if brief or low interaction.

It would be no different than hanging out with someone you'd talked to at school for 2 years.

If they are much older, it was sexual, it was one guy/girl then that would be different.

~ Clara

BlackParadePixie
January 25th, 2017, 07:24 PM
If you do, make sure to meet them in a very public place first...like a mall, or coffee shop. Also, maybe even bring a friend, like someone said before.

Anniebanannie
January 25th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I won't repeat all this good advice. But I agree with it.

Just JT
January 26th, 2017, 04:45 AM
See the thing I think is really cool is that you've made this friends on line. I can honestly say some of my best friends I've met online. It's different, but still quality. And the meeting should also be quality. Talk about it with them. Make some plans. See how that goes. If you get wigged out you can always have a sudden change of plans.

But make good plans, not like meeting in a hotel room or something. And font go it alone. 4 hours 1 way sounds lie it may be an overnighter. Something to consider.

Maybe even talk about meeting at someplace that's half wayish or everyone.

But I'd defiantly be talking about going and meeting up. Sounds awesome!!!