PDA

View Full Version : Can phermones seduce you

Rain2011
January 22nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
Is pheromones a useful super powers or not really helpful can it seduce both genders or the opposite gender or the one you find attracted.

Apathy15
January 22nd, 2017, 08:20 PM
There have been studies done (although predominantly on heterosexual participants) that show that people are susceptible to human pheromones (which would be in human sweat). However, there are some studies that show that people can be affected by the pheromones of another person of the same sex/gender.

This is a great question and I hope that I answered it well enough.

ska8er
January 29th, 2017, 01:26 PM
As a sex hormone I guess it can
stimulate the attractiveness of a
partner-Idk this is too deep. Musk
scent in colognes also can trigger
sexual desire.

Hermes
February 4th, 2017, 06:52 PM
So the purpose of pheremones is to trigger the sex centre of the brain. It is well-known that they work well in animals, i.e. it is how male dogs sniff out a bitch who is in season and track her down. Many people have suggested that our sense of smell is too poor for them to work in human or that we lack a specific organ for sensing them but it does seem to me that they do work and I have seen a TV programme that asserted that scent is much more important than we had hitherto thought and it actually causes people to choose partners with complimentary, rather than similar, immune systems which should therefore result in healthier children.

Now there have also been some suggestions that there are differences in the brains of straight and gay people, usually in the size of specific regions of the brain. Whether through this mechanism, of some other, it is believed that testoserone when developing in the uterus can orient the brain as either "male" or "female" and part of this orientation is sexual orientation, i.e. the mix of sexes we are attracted to. That means the brain may respond to pheremones from the two sexes is some proportion but I don't know if anyone has researched whether that always aligns with who we may find visually attractive.

PlasmaHam
February 4th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I think pheromones can affect human relationships to a point, but is a relatively minor influence and alone cannot

One of the reasons why human's aren't as dependent as other creatures upon pheromones, is likely because humans are capable of mating at all time. Human's don't have "heats" or seasonal mating cycles, so the pheromones used to signal to mates that they are fertile are basically useless.

Hermes
February 8th, 2017, 12:27 PM
One of the reasons why human's aren't as dependent as other creatures upon pheromones, is likely because humans are capable of mating at all time. Human's don't have "heats" or seasonal mating cycles, so the pheromones used to signal to mates that they are fertile are basically useless.

At the risk of being a little pedantic it would be more accurate to say that a girl or woman is "in heat" for a few days each month (rather than all the time) because there are only a few days, maybe up to five, on the run up to and including the day of ovulation, in which mating could result in fertilsation. At any other time there would be no egg present and any sperm you put in would be dead by the time the next egg is there.

I agree it is a question of degree in that, whereas many other animals may have no interest in sex at all away from their heats, girls and women can still be horny and still enjoy sex away from those few days. In my experience, though, the interest is not constant througout the month but does vary with those days being especially horny.

Now, when it comes to guys, you're right that we don't have an obvious cycle. We do not, for example, grow antlers and shed them again to correspond with such a cycle and are horny all year round. Even so I think we do respond to a girl who is in those fertile few days by being even hornier than usual and I think that is due to pheremones.

jamie_n5
February 9th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Pheromones play a part in all mammals. They are released by the body to increase sexual attraction and desire. They kind of go hand in hand with your hormones. As stated they are a musk or you might say a perfume like thing that enhances peoples sexual and physical attraction to each other. This happens whether you are LGBT or straight. I think the best way to really know about pheromones would be to Google it and get both the scientific and social answers about them.

veroda
February 25th, 2017, 08:03 PM
from what Ive learn in summer camps we are just some wiser animals

eric2001
February 25th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I don't know anything about this. I thought I knew everything. :eek: