PDA

View Full Version : DXM

Collinsworthington
January 22nd, 2017, 02:31 AM
Anybody here do DXM, like robotussin, delsym, etc.? What are your experiences?

Babs
January 22nd, 2017, 05:17 AM
I've done it a few times. It's dumb, I think. I felt like I was too drunk to do or comprehend anything while being totally lucid at the same time. It was so foggy. I got stuck on the concept that I have a father and that he was a person who exists. I felt like I hadn't seen him in decades although I knew I had seen him probably a few hours earlier, and that blew my mind. Also, it gave me hella seizures. Don't do DXM if you're epileptic.

Looking back, I enjoyed it at the time. It's a dissociative, so I kind of just felt nothing. But I'm over it and I wouldn't do it again.

I dunno, it's a dumb high and totally not worth retching in between gulps of god awful-tasting cough syrup. If I wanted to be temporarily useless and stupid, why would I chug copious amounts of robitussin when I could just repeatedly run headfirst into a tree?

Dennis Chaney
February 3rd, 2017, 01:44 PM
Anybody here do DXM, like robotussin, delsym, etc.? What are your experiences?

I had some of the most fun of my life on DXM, Would I recommend it to others, not a chance in hell lol. Reason being is that everyone reacts to it differently, and not only that but there is a safe way to do it and a very unsafe way, and the unsafe way can lead to death, I have had people convulse in front of me, vomit, or just straight scared to death..

Besides that if you do end up liking it like i did, you start doing it so much to the point that you dont want to stop, I was taking 36+ triple c's a day for months on end completely living in a different world, and once i finally quit i was high for a week straight without taking anything at all because your liver cannot break it down fast enough.

This high is most comparable to that of PCP or Embalming fluid/Angel's Dust. And the withdrawals are worse then anything you can possibly imagine, including but not limited too, Extreme bodily pain/Cold sweats/Heat Flashes/Cannot eat/Cannot sleep/Vomitting/and just feeling like you are gonna die before its all said and done with.

So with that being said, I would never recommend this OTC drug to get high off of even if it can be bought at a store, it can litterally turn your life into a living nightmare, and it has life long effects. I have been quit now for over 2 years and i still have hallucinations sometimes as well as dissociation from reality at times without taking anything...

maddogmj77
March 7th, 2017, 05:42 AM
can someone please inform me on what this is? Is it like angel dust or more like mdma

It would technically be closer to angel dust, as they are both dissociatives, although I've never seen anybody claim that they are alike. In high doses of DXM when reaching the 4th plateau, people usually say it is more akin to Ketamine.

As for my personal experience, I've done it 5~ times. Only reaching the 3rd plateua twice, and I have no desire to go beyond it.

Visuals become increasingly blurry, and at my highest dose I had to bring things directly in front of my face and stare at them for a solid 10 seconds just to be able read something. Your eyes also seem to become unable to focus, like you're cross-eyed all the time, or that things are moving too fast to concentrate on, even when they're standing still.

Movements become robotic (commonly referred to as "robo-walk"). In my own experience (2nd plateua) it was actually fun being able to see my body moving, because it didn't feel like I was "controlling" it per se, it seemed to have a mind of it's own, just being 'guided' by my thoughts, in some cases it seemed to move before my own thoughts, or maybe my thinking was so delayed that it just seemed that way.

There is a very large disconnect from body and mind, which makes it a dissociative. A big thought that came to mind while on DXM was this:
"My body is not 'me', only my mind represents who I actually am; My body is just my physical form."
While there is some truth in that statement, I believe the thought mainly stems from me not being very comfortable with my own body; i.e. I'm ugly :yes:

I actually ended up puking for the first time on my last trip, I was at my desk when I first felt that "gotta puke" sensation. I made it to my doorway and dropped to my knees, it came back stronger this time. I got myself up and made it into the bathroom, & fell to the ground again when I started to realize that I'm going to throw up NOW! I managed to just barely get my head over the toilet and spewed it out quick, I didn't taste anything. I tried to look at it in the toilet, but my vision was so messed up that I couldn't see it, all I remember was two lines of red (I assume from the red gel-caps). I flushed it down and I continued my trip. I can't remember much of anything else, I know I picked up my guitar at one point, wasn't able to play anything, and put it down. "And that was when... I put the guitar, down" became some meaningful quote to me as I said it, and I repeated it. I think it was because I've stopped playing recently, because it has become quite frustrating, and I've lost all the joy that I used to get from playing it.

I've heard that DXM has the "best" effect when in a dark-room, laying down, eyes closed. That's where you can have out-of-body experiences & closed-eye-visuals I've never been able to experience any of those, just "junk-noise" auditory hallucinations.

I've never had any withdrawal effects, although I've limited myself to 1 plateua/1 week (e.g. I do a 2nd plateua trip, I wait 2 weeks before doing anymore). There is an "after-glow" effect that usually lasts until you sleep it off, and is actually quite pleasant in my experience. I seem to be generally uplifted, much more present and aware.

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I know a lot of people from my school who are into it I have never tried it personally.