PDA

View Full Version : Should I take her phone?

WhoWhatWhen
January 21st, 2017, 11:34 PM
For the past few months me and my "best friend" have been having some problems. Recently, she had her phone "stolen" (I'm pretty sure she just lost it though, she tends to loose things frequently). So, she asked her internet sugar daddy to get her another one. I wouldn't care, except, she gave him my address to send it to without my permission. She claims she gave him my address because she lives in apartments and is afraid they'll put it in the wrong mailbox (even though I'm pretty sure she just doesn't want her parents to know she lost her phone). Now, not only has she now given this complete stranger my address, but she has been being a dick to me for who knows how long now.

It's unfortunately crossed my mind a few times to take the phone when it arrives and say it never came. But at the same time if she ever found out I did that, I'm not sure what would happen. I'm always mad at her lately so maybe my emotional distress is worth an Iphone?? hahaha

Dalcourt
January 22nd, 2017, 12:24 AM
Well keeping the phone would be stealing it, right? Do you wanna be a thief?
Telling your friend it never came would be lying? Do you wanna be a liar?
If you answer both questions with yes go ahead and do it.

If not, well I might suggest giving the phone to your friend and talking with her about all those things you don't like about her. This might end your friendship but from what I get you don't feel like it's a friendship keeping up anyway. But better end this friendship in decency than by being called a liar and thief by her.

ClaraWho
January 22nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
I would agree that stealing isn't okay in this circumstance, but I think you know that from the way you wrote your post.

So skipping ahead to other options, the most ideal option is to refuse delivery and request the parcel be 'Returned to Sender'. If this isn't possible (it is delivered when you are out), then explain the situation and have her collect it from your parents (do you live at home?).

It is entirely plausible your parents could have been the ones to find the parcel and question the contents, such as where you got the money for a phone, or any messages sent on a card with it (open it up and see).

If there is a return address, post it back with 'DOES NOT LIVE AT THIS ADDRESS' written on it.

As for this 'friend', it doesn't sound like she is a troubled individual. You should decide once and for all whether you are a) in a position to help her, b) want to help her, or c) are done putting up with her crap and want to cut all contact. People come and go in life, it is extremely important to surround yourself with people who support you and bring positivity to your life.

Good luck,

~ Clara

idefineme
January 22nd, 2017, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=ClaraWho;3482532]I would agree that stealing isn't okay in this circumstance, but I think you know that from the way you wrote your post.

So skipping ahead to other options, the most ideal option is to refuse delivery and request the parcel be 'Returned to Sender'. If this isn't possible (it is delivered when you are out), then explain the situation and have her collect it from your parents (do you live at home?).

It is entirely plausible your parents could have been the ones to find the parcel and question the contents, such as where you got the money for a phone, or any messages sent on a card with it (open it up and see).

If there is a return address, post it back with 'DOES NOT LIVE AT THIS ADDRESS' written on it.

As for this 'friend', it doesn't sound like she is a troubled individual. You should decide once and for all whether you are a) in a position to help her, b) want to help her, or c) are done putting up with her crap and want to cut all contact. People come and go in life, it is extremely important to surround yourself with people who support you and bring positivity to your life.

Good luck,

~ Clara[
I agree that if there's a return address sent it back.if there isn't give the phone to your friend and at the same time share your feelings about the relationship and what are some SOLUTIONS THAT YOU NOT TAKE PIRATE IN TO FIX IT.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
Like what others suggested, it is probably best to send the parcel back to the sender with a note of wrong address or does not live at this address. I don't know the exact circumstances but it is probably best to not confirm your address with a stranger. You don't want some creep suddenly appearing at your door demanding to see you or for your friend's address. Anyways I think that it is terrible for your friend to use your address in such a manner.

Emilyyy
January 31st, 2017, 06:35 AM
I really wouldn't take the phone or anything as that would just get you in a whole lot of trouble. It's likely the courier service would have a way of proving the phone was left at the address it was meant for so you'd just get busted eventually. I would just tell your friend that you are really unhappy that she passed on your address without asking you first and that she shouldn't do anything like that again. Tell her you don't want to get involved in anything between her and her sugar daddy and certainly not using your address to have stuff sent.

ska8er
January 31st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Refuse it or write on the box
not at this address and remail it.