PDA

View Full Version : New President, The Name's Trump

Porpoise101
January 20th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Coverage (https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/us/politics/trump-inauguration-day.html)

We have a new president in the US now.

PlasmaHam
January 20th, 2017, 12:35 PM
The coronation went quite well, all hail the King!

Mars
January 20th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Was watching it in class on Facebook. I swear I lost a few brain cells reading the comments.

Bontigo Papi .
January 20th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Definately feeling the effects of all this in South Africa .

Dalcourt
January 20th, 2017, 01:06 PM
So let's hope all those who voted for our new President get what they hoped and deserved now.

mattsmith48
January 20th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Quoting Batman villians in his speech, not the best way to start his term.

Mars
January 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quoting Batman villians in his speech, not the best way to start his term.

Did he really do that? Lmaooo lost internet midway through Pence's swear in... thats funny :lol:

mattsmith48
January 20th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Did he really do that? Lmaooo lost internet midway through Pence's swear in... thats funny :lol:

Yup quoted Bane from the Dark Knight Rises.

Porpoise101
January 20th, 2017, 04:27 PM
A bunch of us hijacked a room, computer, and projector and watched the speech at school. No one stopped us because they knew it is important.

It's going to be different, that's all I'm going to say. The White House website was updated with new policy plans at 12:00 PM EST. There you can find Trump's plans written out.

The Byrd
January 20th, 2017, 05:53 PM
The fake news has manipulated you all. Sad...

God bless you, President Trump! <3

PlasmaHam
January 20th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I'm optimistic about the future, but hesitant too. I'm just glad Obama is out and Hillary didn't win, everything else is extra.

Yup quoted Bane from the Dark Knight Rises. Let me think, Bane's whole thing in the movie was stealing from the rich and powerful and giving to the poor. Sounds much more like a certain Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton policy than a Donald Trump, won't you say?

Dalcourt
January 20th, 2017, 11:13 PM
Rl-vk52FAaw

So Bane was the nice guy in the movie after all?

Wanting the same things our new President wants for us the people?

Looking at those two in comparison makes me realise that the a great deal I don't like about Mr Trump are is gestures and facial expressions while talking...for me that makes everything he says at least five times worse to look at his face and hand while listening to him.

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 12:13 AM
Let me think, Bane's whole thing in the movie was stealing from the rich and powerful and giving to the poor. Sounds much more like a certain Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton policy than a Donald Trump, won't you say?

Im just pointing out he plagiarized Bane during is speech why are you trying fight this?

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 12:22 AM
Im just pointing out he plagiarized Bane during is speech why are you trying fight this?

Since ya two guys always seem to fight about everything?

Uniquemind
January 21st, 2017, 03:03 AM
I'm optimistic about the future, but hesitant too. I'm just glad Obama is out and Hillary didn't win, everything else is extra.

Let me think, Bane's whole thing in the movie was stealing from the rich and powerful and giving to the poor. Sounds much more like a certain Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton policy than a Donald Trump, won't you say?

You forget Bane that Bane's speech was a facade only to hide the true agenda of wiping out all of Gotham, because he was for some reason a second wheel to the chick-villian.

Living For Love
January 21st, 2017, 04:27 AM
Trump also quoted a Psalm in his speech, should we all feel offended for David as well? :lol:

Exocet
January 21st, 2017, 04:53 AM
LMAO at leftists,liberals and so called anarchists,maybe it's time to stop fighting with police,destroying everything and accept that Trump is the new President of the United States !

bentheplayer
January 21st, 2017, 04:55 AM
So lets see if this is fake news too. :lol:

Removing mortgage-fee cut
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-executiveorder-idUSKBN155010

Weakened Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-20/trump-administration-overturns-obama-s-fha-mortgage-fee-cut

The very first 2 actions by Trump is to shelve policies that benefit the economic middle to lower class the most. However, these actions will clearly benefit the wealthy. Can't wait to see what else he will do.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 07:17 AM

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-20/trump-administration-overturns-obama-s-fha-mortgage-fee-cut

The very first 2 actions by Trump is to shelve policies that benefit the economic middle to lower class the most. However, these actions will clearly benefit the wealthy. Can't wait to see what else he will do.

Well this doesn't come as a surprise. It's all stuff he promised his voters he would do once he is President of the United States.

bentheplayer
January 21st, 2017, 08:28 AM
Yeah but sometimes I wonder if those people who voted even know what this means for them. Imo the pre-existing condition ban in obamacare was prob the best thing that happened for many Americans. Many working class (meaning people who have jobs) are going to find themselves in a very bad position if they need healthcare. As it is, employer offered health benefits are already pretty paltry these days.

Trump signed an order on the Affordable Care Act that urged government departments to "waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation" of provisions that imposed fiscal burdens on states, companies or individuals.

This is extremely vague statement but it suggests to me that people are going to get lesser benefits out of the ACA than before. Oh well if that's what they voted for, I hope they enjoy what they are getting.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 08:49 AM
Yeah but sometimes I wonder if those people who voted even know what this means for them .

Sure a lot of them don't...Isn't that why he said "I love the poorly educated" ??

bentheplayer
January 21st, 2017, 09:13 AM
Sure a lot of them don't...Isn't that why he said "I love the poorly educated" ??

Nice. I am sure glad that I am not a US citizen. No wonder public education is in absolute shambles there. That said, don't the wealthy there have a single iota of decency left in them?

Omg I just remembered something funny. I think some ex Mexico President called him a false prophet. Me thinks wolf in sheep's clothing is more appropriate.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 09:27 AM
Nice. I am sure glad that I am not a US citizen. No wonder public education is in absolute shambles there. That said, don't the wealthy there have a single iota of decency left in them?

Omg I just remembered something funny. I think some ex Mexico President called him a false prophet. Me thinks wolf in sheep's clothing is more appropriate.

Well I think most US citizens don't want more education than they get now. They love to live in their comfortable numbness or should I say dumbness? Why bother thinking about ways to work on a new future when you can sit on your ass and dream of long lost greatness and blaming others for taking what should be yours. When in such a situation someone tells you he gives you back that greatness you deserve...why not follow him to the slaughterhouse?

If you are poor in the USA it's just your own fault cuz you are lazy and it would be bad when someome would try to help you and so somehow reward you for your laziness.

Porpoise101
January 21st, 2017, 10:00 AM

Some vote left. Usually they are the ones in Cali, so it's usually tech people and celebs. But pretty much all the rest just don't want to be taxed more.

I'm going a bit off topic, but learning and intelligence have sunk down a lot in American society. People don't trust anything that comes from somewhere they don't like personally, meaning "liberal science" is quickly discredited. It's been a slow process, one which began in the 50s. Now it's reached a high point recently.

I personally feel that Trump, being incompetent, will just be a tool of Ryan and McConnell in Congress. All they need is his signature, and he may just hand it out to him.

bentheplayer
January 21st, 2017, 10:32 AM
I just don't get these old gits. Aren't they rich enough? Even with all that money, it's not like they can bring their wealth with them when they die which statistically will happen soon; probably within a decade.

Don't underestimate Trump. I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing. The fact that he is able to elude from publishing his tax returns and stuff proves it.

I guess I have been cocooned from society at large for too long but why are the average Americans not interested in knowledge? In this global age, knowledge is power literally. Also I thought that Americans were hard working people with a can-do attitude? What happened?

Might be a little of topic here but seems that our generation is getting screwed by our parents and grandparents generations. They are the ones who voted for Trump and Brexit. We might be the first generation ever to earn less than them per-capita on average in real terms.

jessie3
January 21st, 2017, 11:04 AM
I'm happy that he won #TrumpSupporter

Professional Russian
January 21st, 2017, 11:53 AM
AH liberals feelings hurt, enviromentalists crying, and off in the distance the sound of every major pipeline project kicking off. also coal mines are ramping up, and a few other projects. lifes about to get good now that we have a president thatll pass shit

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 01:54 PM

Im guessing massive tax cuts for the rich and getting rid of the EPA to start a war on the environment, abortion is probably up there too, selling Alaska back to Russia.

Calif Surfer
January 21st, 2017, 06:15 PM
Oboma (acted like he) was the King. Trump is our President

You don't have a clue. Donald Trump, our president, is working for a grand total of 1 (one) dollar a year. He knew if clinton was elected, our country would never recover from what the dems vision of America is - Having every aspect of our lives being run by washington - after all, we are too stupid to watch our money, parent our kids, etc, and now, having elected Trump, Hillarey supporters said we were to stupid to vote.

Wow! You're ignorance is breath taking

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time. ~Mars

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 08:17 PM
Im guessing massive tax cuts for the rich and getting rid of the EPA to start a war on the environment, abortion is probably up there too, selling Alaska back to Russia.

Of course you're guessing because that's what you people do.

Mars
January 21st, 2017, 08:17 PM
Oboma (acted like he) was the King. Trump is our President

You don't have a clue. Donald Trump, our president, is working for a grand total of 1 (one) dollar a year. He knew if clinton was elected, our country would never recover from what the dems vision of America is - Having every aspect of our lives being run by washington - after all, we are too stupid to watch our money, parent our kids, etc, and now, having elected Trump, Hillarey supporters said we were to stupid to vote.

Wow! You're ignorance is breath taking

Posts merged. Use the edit button next time. ~Mars

M8 you can't even spell their names correctly. Also, Former President Obama never acted like a king? Please provide examples of how he did so, if that's your claim.

I'd also like to see where you got the information that Donald Trump is working for a dollar a year :lol:

Trump is a capitalist goon that grew up being spoon fed everything he has. He has no political background and has repeatedly stated ignorant and absolutely stupid claims, yet the people voted him president. I respect the position, however, I don't respect the man at all.

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 08:32 PM
Of course you're guessing because that's what you people do.

Were guessing because he is so unpredictable and lying is the only thing hes been doing his whole live

Professional Russian
January 21st, 2017, 08:35 PM
Were guessing because he is so unpredictable and lying is the only thing hes been doing his whole live

Dude every politician is a liar whether you like it or not. every last one of them. politicians get paid to lie. dont accuse trump of being a liar and ignoring that every other politician lies to. even your god send obama was a liar.

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 08:37 PM

Gee, he is so unpredictable! It's not like he's spent the last eighteen months laying out what he's going to do or anything!

Listen to what President Trump actually says, not what the manipulative mainstream media tells you he says.

Trump is a capitalist goon that grew up being spoon fed everything he has. He has no political background and has repeatedly stated ignorant and absolutely stupid claims, yet the people voted him president. I respect the position, however, I don't respect the man at all.

Sweetie, capitalism built America. I understand that Mr President was granted a small loan of one million dollars, but it was all down to his doing that that became billions. Why does he need a political background? What are these "ignorant and absolutely stupid claims"? Are you against people voting him president?

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 08:49 PM
Dude every politician is a liar whether you like it or not. every last one of them. politicians get paid to lie. dont accuse trump of being a liar and ignoring that every other politician lies to. even your god send obama was a liar.

We already got throught this im not starting that debate again

Gee, he is so unpredictable! It's not like he's spent the last eighteen months laying out what he's going to do or anything!

He spent the last eighteen months changing his mind on almost every issue and contradicting himself sometimes in the same sentence.

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 08:50 PM

He spent the last eighteen months changing his mind on almost every issue and contradicting himself sometimes in the same sentence.

Such as...

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 09:02 PM
Such as...

The muslim ban, Obamacare, the border wall, investigating Hillary Clinton, climate change, nuclear weapons...

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM
The muslim ban, Obamacare, the border wall, investigating Hillary Clinton, climate change, nuclear weapons...

The Muslim ban, I'll give you that but his plan was never to deport all Muslims, I hope you understand. I think you might have offended some Muslims though for not putting a capital letter at the start of their religion. How dare you do such a thing!

Obamacare. Last time I checked that was still getting repealed and replaced.

The border wall is still being built. It'll be big, it'll be beautiful, and it will have a huge door to allow people to cross the border LEGALLY.

Mr President is showing empathy towards Crooked Hillary. She's already lost the election like five times.

Climate change I could not give two shits about.

And I do wish you would elaborate on where God Emperor President Donald J. Trump has changed his stance on nuclear weapons.

Mars
January 21st, 2017, 09:27 PM

Listen to what President Trump actually says, not what the manipulative mainstream media tells you he says.

Sweetie, capitalism built America. I understand that Mr President was granted a small loan of one million dollars, but it was all down to his doing that that became billions. Why does he need a political background? What are these "ignorant and absolutely stupid claims"? Are you against people voting him president?
Listen to what he actually says? Like how women should be punished for wanting an abortion or how he said he just grabs women by their pussy and starts to kiss them? Right...
also, m8 he runs a failed business. You know how many promises he's broken and how many projects he's had to shut down or discontinue? Trump steaks aren't on the market anymore m8 srry ya missed ur chance.
"Why does he need a political background?"
Are you fucking serious with this question?
And yes, I'm obviously against people voting him as president. He's a fucking goon and an asshole.
Also, capitalism didn't build America. You realize that America 1. Isn't a fully capitalist society and 2. Was heavily restricted due to things like monopolies ?

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 09:39 PM
The Muslim ban, I'll give you that but his plan was never to deport all Muslims, I hope you understand. I think you might have offended some Muslims though for not putting a capital letter at the start of their religion. How dare you do such a thing!

It was ban from entering the US.

Obamacare. Last time I checked that was still getting repealed and replaced.

He said after the election he was not going to repeal it, and going back to unpredictability, he said he would replace it with something terrific.

The border wall is still being built. It'll be big, it'll be beautiful, and it will have a huge door to allow people to cross the border LEGALLY.

He said Mexico was gonna pay for it, looks like he gave up on that idea.

Mr President is showing empathy towards Crooked Hillary. She's already lost the election like five times.

She didn't lose the election she actually got over 3 millions more votes, he just had more supporters in places where it was worth more, like Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Russia.

Climate change I could not give two shits about.

Its not like its the most important issue in human history.

And I do wish you would elaborate on where God Emperor President Donald J. Trump has changed his stance on nuclear weapons.

When he ask why they can't use them if they have them a few months later in an interview said he would use them in Europe and in the Middle East and later said he wouldn't use them. Or when he said more countries should have nukes but later denied saying that.

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 10:08 PM
Listen to what he actually says? Like how women should be punished for wanting an abortion or how he said he just grabs women by their pussy and starts to kiss them? Right...
also, m8 he runs a failed business. You know how many promises he's broken and how many projects he's had to shut down or discontinue? Trump steaks aren't on the market anymore m8 srry ya missed ur chance.
"Why does he need a political background?"
Are you fucking serious with this question?
And yes, I'm obviously against people voting him as president. He's a fucking goon and an asshole.
Also, capitalism didn't build America. You realize that America 1. Isn't a fully capitalist society and 2. Was heavily restricted due to things like monopolies ?
Men should be punished for punching pregnant women in the tummy, likewise should women for preventing/killing life.

Oh yeah, he literally meant that he grabs women by the vagina, didn't he? I'm sorry to break it to you, but men don't bond by eating bon bons and watching Desperate Housewives. Locker room talk...

God Emperor President Donald J. Trump doesn't run any of his businesses anymore. Eric and Don Jr do.

Yes, I am serious in my enquiry into why he needs to have a political background. Let's imagine Crooked H got into office and her campaign was what it was. Would it matter if she had no experience in politics? No because she would have (to you I assume) the correct political ideologies. It's incredibly difficult to mess up as President of the United States of America (when you have the right ideology that is) with the amount of legislation needed in order to pass laws. The same applies for Mr President.

So you're against democracy?

America isn't a fully capitalist society because it has been raped by socialism for almost thirty years. I really question how much attention you've been paying in history class if you fail to see that America was built on capitalism. There's limited liberty in socialism, as recognised by the Founding Fathers.

It was ban from entering the US.

Correct. And with good reason. There is a massive number of IS members; all of whom identify as Muslim. How can you identify who's ISIS and who's not? You can't! And that's why President Trump is making it a priority to take down ISIS so that Muslims can be trusted to enter the country.

He said after the election he was not going to repeal it, and going back to unpredictability, he said he would replace it with something terrific.

Your fake news websites probably don't report on this but Mr President has already began repealing and replacing Obamacare.

He said Mexico was gonna pay for it, looks like he gave up on that idea.

Anyone with half a brain cell could decipher that that was a joke. Surely someone with your intelligence could.

She didn't lose the election she actually got over 3 millions more votes, he just had more supporters in places where it was worth more, like Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin and Russia.

Pumpkin, she lost the election. That's how the Electoral College works. And the Electoral College system does indeed work. She lost the initial election, she lost the dumb recount, and she lost electors' vote. Accept it, Crooked H is a loser.

Its not like its the most important issue in human history.

Oh, you're one of those, are you?

When he ask why they can't use them if they have them a few months later in an interview said he would use them in Europe and in the Middle East and later said he wouldn't use them. Or when he said more countries should have nukes but later denied saying that.

Footage?

lyhom
January 21st, 2017, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah, he literally meant that he grabs women by the vagina, didn't he? I'm sorry to break it to you, but men don't bond by eating bon bons and watching Desperate Housewives. Locker room talk...

I'm half surprised you didn't just go into "but bill clinton!" mode as a deflection lmao

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 10:21 PM
I'm half surprised you didn't just go into "but bill clinton!" mode as a deflection lmao

Bill is another story...

Mars
January 21st, 2017, 10:32 PM
Men should be punished for punching pregnant women in the tummy, likewise should women for preventing/killing life.

Yes,men or anyone should be punished for that because that's assault.
Uh? He did? Because he literally admitted to "going up to women and starting to kiss them" and that he's allowed to because he's rich and he's their boss... so... yeah...

Also, are you seriously trying to fucking justify saying such horrible shit under the pretense of "locker room talk"? Fuck off

God Emperor President Donald J. Trump doesn't run any of his businesses anymore. Eric and Don Jr do.
Like that's any better? Their his sons. He still has a hand in the business and that's fucking illegal.

Yes, I am serious in my enquiry into why he needs to have a political background. Let's imagine Crooked H got into office and her campaign was what it was. Would it matter if she had no experience in politics? No because she would have (to you I assume) the correct political ideologies. It's incredibly difficult to mess up as President of the United States of America (when you have the right ideology that is) with the amount of legislation needed in order to pass laws. The same applies for Mr President.
Because I want a random, old ass, TV persona with several files bankruptcies to be my president... hell, he doesn't even have fucking policies m8. He has ideas, sure, but his ideas include banning muslims (which he's contradicted himself several times trying to state), and building a wall between Mexico and the US (which won't even help the illegal immigrant problem because they don't literally fucking jump over the border. And also, that isn't even going to happen.)

Clinton not only has an political background, but an extremely good and extensive one at that. Look up all the shit she's done for our country dude. You don't even know because you aren't even American.

So you're against democracy?
I'm not against democracy. I'm not happy about this asshole being my president.

America isn't a fully capitalist society because it has been raped by socialism for almost thirty years. I really question how much attention you've been paying in history class if you fail to see that America was built on capitalism. There's limited liberty in socialism, as recognised by the Founding Fathers.
Socialism is the reason we have public education. Socialism is the reason that the economy is not run by monopolies and that market prices aren't set by one person. Socialism is the reason that millions of people here have health care. Socialism is the reason the US has the biggest and (not quite) arguably the best military in the world. Socialism is the reason we have public workers such as police and firemen. Socialism is the reason we have streets to drive on and libraries to go to. Socialism is why we're allowed to apply for student loans and financial help. So yeah, okay, I was mistaken. However even if America was built on capitalism, socialism isn't bad and I don't understand why you're against it. No society can be fully capitalist or fully socialist, so quit being ignorant and trying to claim stupid shit like "America isn't fully capitalist because it was raped by socialism" as if that's a bad thing.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 10:34 PM
I would like to ask something.
I mean the slogan Trump won with was make America great again. Why? What isn't great about it at the moment?
I mean I'm from the poor South and even we kinda had a good life. Most people I know have jobs and don't depend on any kind of social security. Even some people from the lower classes like my family were able to buy a house and all.
So why do people complain so much? I mean sure not everyone can be a millionaire but how many were really so bad off under Obama and how many of them can really hope to improve their situation now?
Since we have so many Trump supporters here...I figure their families also voted for Trump...Cuz they suffered so much under that "evil dictator Obama" ?? In what ways were they hurt by the Obama regime and how will their situation improve now??

StoppingTom
January 21st, 2017, 11:00 PM
Reading some of these posts, I can't tell if I'm being rused or this is some sort of meta-memeing going on

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 11:04 PM
Yes,men or anyone should be punished for that because that's assault.

Uh? He did? Because he literally admitted to "going up to women and starting to kiss them" and that he's allowed to because he's rich and he's their boss... so... yeah...

Also, are you seriously trying to fucking justify saying such horrible shit under the pretense of "locker room talk"? Fuck off

Like that's any better? Their his sons. He still has a hand in the business and that's fucking illegal.

Because I want a random, old ass, TV persona with several files bankruptcies to be my president... hell, he doesn't even have fucking policies m8. He has ideas, sure, but his ideas include banning muslims (which he's contradicted himself several times trying to state), and building a wall between Mexico and the US (which won't even help the illegal immigrant problem because they don't literally fucking jump over the border. And also, that isn't even going to happen.)

Clinton not only has an political background, but an extremely good and extensive one at that. Look up all the shit she's done for our country dude. You don't even know because you aren't even American.

I'm not against democracy. I'm not happy about this asshole being my president.

Socialism is the reason we have public education. Socialism is the reason that the economy is not run by monopolies and that market prices aren't set by one person. Socialism is the reason that millions of people here have health care. Socialism is the reason the US has the biggest and (not quite) arguably the best military in the world. Socialism is the reason we have public workers such as police and firemen. Socialism is the reason we have streets to drive on and libraries to go to. Socialism is why we're allowed to apply for student loans and financial help. So yeah, okay, I was mistaken. However even if America was built on capitalism, socialism isn't bad and I don't understand why you're against it. No society can be fully capitalist or fully socialist, so quit being ignorant and trying to claim stupid shit like "America isn't fully capitalist because it was raped by socialism" as if that's a bad thing.

Kissing someone is not illegal. Now, if he said that he kissed them against their will, that would be another story. Before you start with the rape allegations, don't you think it's awfully convenient that these people have waited, like, thirty years to report anything and waited until he's about to take presidency? And "saying horrible shit" is fine. That's what free speech empowers.

President Trump doesn't have a hand in the businesses. He signed contracts to hand them over to Eric and Don. He didn't have to do any of that, by the way.

He never said he was banning Muslims, he said he was putting a temporary ban on them entering the country until ISIS are were defeated. Whether immigrants literally jump over the border or not, the fact is that they can, and that is very dangerous. Just listen to the number of ICE officers that are practically crying for help.

"You don't even know because you aren't even American." Bit of xenophobia there? Are you xenophobic now? You racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot!

Donald John Trump IS your President, whether you like it or not.

I'm curious as to how the military, policemen, firemen, and streets are a result of socialism. Labour is not socialism as far as I'm concerned. And by the way, socialists nowadays don't seem to have much respect for any of those.

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 11:08 PM

Have you ever been in a locker room before? I have and Ive never eared anyone say ''give me some Tic Tacs im gonna go to this girl kiss her without her permission and grab her pussy'', never eared anyone say that or anything even close to that.

Correct. And with good reason. There is a massive number of IS members; all of whom identify as Muslim. How can you identify who's ISIS and who's not? You can't! And that's why President Trump is making it a priority to take down ISIS so that Muslims can be trusted to enter the country.

It was an overeaction to a terrorist attack done by an american citizen a ban would have not stop. A Muslim ban wouldnt even stop ISIS and anyway what stop a Muslim trying to enter the US to just lie about his religion. And by the way whats his plan to stop ISIS... oh thats right he doesn't have any plan.

Your fake news websites probably don't report on this but Mr President has already began repealing and replacing Obamacare.

Obamacare is being repeal, but after the election President Pussy Grabber said he wouldn't do it.

Anyone with half a brain cell could decipher that that was a joke. Surely someone with your intelligence could.

Yeah it was a joke just like when he said he likes to kiss women without their permission and grab their pussy was locker room talk or the Muslim ban was just a suggestion.

Pumpkin, she lost the election. That's how the Electoral College works. And the Electoral College system does indeed work. She lost the initial election, she lost the dumb recount, and she lost electors' vote. Accept it, Crooked H is a loser.

I don't know what you call getting the most votes but I'm not calling that a lost.

Oh, you're one of those, are you?

One of what? Wanting this planet to stay habitable.

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 11:09 PM
I mean the slogan Trump won with was make America great again. Why? What isn't great about it at the moment?
I mean I'm from the poor South and even we kinda had a good life. Most people I know have jobs and don't depend on any kind of social security. Even some people from the lower classes like my family were able to buy a house and all.
So why do people complain so much? I mean sure not everyone can be a millionaire but how many were really so bad off under Obama and how many of them can really hope to improve their situation now?
Since we have so many Trump supporters here...I figure their families also voted for Trump...Cuz they suffered so much under that "evil dictator Obama" ?? In what ways were they hurt by the Obama regime and how will their situation improve now??
"Make America booming again" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "make America great again" does. I don't know if you're aware but America is laughed at by the rest of the world. That's why America isn't as great as it used to be.

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 11:19 PM

I think a big portion of them didn't really accept that the president was black. His support started with the birther thing and than mexicans and finally when he started whining about how much everything in america is a disaster they just went with it.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 11:20 PM
"Make America booming again" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "make America great again" does. I don't know if you're aware but America is laughed at by the rest of the world. That's why America isn't as great as it used to be.

And now with that nutjob as a President we are laughed at even more by the whole world.

I mean a friend from Germany told me she worked last Friday where they had a TV on showing news about Trump and every customer that came in made some mean remark about Trump, laughing about Americans being idiots for voting for a madman and some even suggested let's hope he get's shot soon.
I mean whatever respect Germans still had left for the USA is gone now...and it's the same many other countries, too.
Like just look at Putin...I bet he's laughing his ass off about America right now.

All stuff Trump plans won't give us back respect. It will just isolate us and thus making things much worse than they have been in the last decades.

mattsmith48
January 21st, 2017, 11:28 PM

Your right on one thing America is being laughed at... because of Trump.

Mars
January 21st, 2017, 11:39 PM
Kissing someone is not illegal. Now, if he said that he kissed them against their will, that would be another story. Before you start with the rape allegations, don't you think it's awfully convenient that these people have waited, like, thirty years to report anything and waited until he's about to take presidency? And "saying horrible shit" is fine. That's what free speech empowers.

President Trump doesn't have a hand in the businesses. He signed contracts to hand them over to Eric and Don. He didn't have to do any of that, by the way.

He never said he was banning Muslims, he said he was putting a temporary ban on them entering the country until ISIS are were defeated. Whether immigrants literally jump over the border or not, the fact is that they can, and that is very dangerous. Just listen to the number of ICE officers that are practically crying for help.

"You don't even know because you aren't even American." Bit of xenophobia there? Are you xenophobic now? You racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic, xenophobic bigot!

Donald John Trump IS your President, whether you like it or not.

I'm curious as to how the military, policemen, firemen, and streets are a result of socialism. Labour is not socialism as far as I'm concerned. And by the way, socialists nowadays don't seem to have much respect for any of those.

*sigh* this is the reason I don't like participating in "debates" on this forum.

Dalcourt
January 21st, 2017, 11:42 PM
*sigh* this is the reason I don't like participating in "debates" on this forum.

Lol, I feel ya...taking part in those "debates" is just not worth it.

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 11:43 PM
Have you ever been in a locker room before? I have and Ive never eared anyone say ''give me some Tic Tacs im gonna go to this girl kiss her without her permission and grab her pussy'', never eared anyone say that or anything even close to that.

It was an overeaction to a terrorist attack done by an american citizen a ban would have not stop. A Muslim ban wouldnt even stop ISIS and anyway what stop a Muslim trying to enter the US to just lie about his religion. And by the way whats his plan to stop ISIS... oh thats right he doesn't have any plan.

Obamacare is being repeal, but after the election President Pussy Grabber said he wouldn't do it.

Yeah it was a joke just like when he said he likes to kiss women without their permission and grab their pussy was locker room talk or the Muslim ban was just a suggestion.

I don't know what you call getting the most votes but I'm not calling that a lost.

One of what? Wanting this planet to stay habitable.

You're awfully chivalrous, aren't you? You're telling me that you have never heard a man talk about sexual topics before? Golly gee, what men do you surround yourself with?! And for your information, President Trump never said he kissed someone without their permission. He literally said - and this is a direct quote - "they let you do it."

In regards to radical Islamic terrorism, look at Europe. Please, I implore you! America is going down the same path, and Europe should serve as a warning.

Whoah! Ur so edgy m8. President TRUMP (yes, YOUR President) has said all along that he will repeal and replace Obamacare. If you can find an example of him saying otherwise (unedited of course) then I will happily retract this statement.

Once again, he never said he kissed women without their permission. And why are you convinced that he would just admit to sexually assaulting someone? Perhaps because it never happened and it was just locker room talk... I can't confirm this, but I do believe that the Muslim ban was just a suggestion. I don't think he ever said anything along the lines of "I will" ban all Muslims. I'm willing retract that statement if you can prove otherwise like before.

Every election ever has been held under the Electoral College process. It's very dumb of you to say that Donald lost. He won. That's why he is your President.

You're delusional if you think that global warming, or whatever you call it, is the biggest problem in the world.

I think a big portion of them didn't really accept that the president was black. His support started with the birther thing and than mexicans and finally when he started whining about how much everything in america is a disaster they just went with it.

You lunatic liberals have to make everything about race, don't you? It's kinda ironic when you consider that the last time Democrats were this mad was when Abe Lincoln abolished slavery.

And now with that nutjob as a President we are laughed at even more by the whole world.

I mean a friend from Germany told me she worked last Friday where they had a TV on showing news about Trump and every customer that came in made some mean remark about Trump, laughing about Americans being idiots for voting for a madman and some even suggested let's hope he get's shot soon.
I mean whatever respect Germans still had left for the USA is gone now...and it's the same many other countries, too.
Like just look at Putin...I bet he's laughing his ass off about America right now.

All stuff Trump plans won't give us back respect. It will just isolate us and thus making things much worse than they have been in the last decades.

You surely can't be serious. Have you not been watching the news lately. Come to think of it, you probably have: the fake news. Well, if you watched the real news, you would know that Mr President has had successful meetings with the world's top leaders. And just wait, no one will be laughing in eight years' time.

lyhom
January 21st, 2017, 11:46 PM
You surely can't be serious. Have you not been watching the news lately. Come to think of it, you probably have: the fake news. Well, if you watched the real news, you would know that Mr President has had successful meetings with the world's top leaders. And just wait, no one will be laughing in eight years' time.

define "fake news" pls

(probably just going to amount to "news sites that challenge my beliefs in any way" but whatever)

Dalcourt
January 22nd, 2017, 12:15 AM
You're awfully chivalrous, aren't you? You're telling me that you have never heard a man talk about sexual topics before? Golly gee, what men do you surround yourself with?! And for your information, President Trump never said he kissed someone without their permission. He literally said - and this is a direct quote - "they let you do it."

In regards to radical Islamic terrorism, look at Europe. Please, I implore you! America is going down the same path, and Europe should serve as a warning.

Whoah! Ur so edgy m8. President TRUMP (yes, YOUR President) has said all along that he will repeal and replace Obamacare. If you can find an example of him saying otherwise (unedited of course) then I will happily retract this statement.

Once again, he never said he kissed women without their permission. And why are you convinced that he would just admit to sexually assaulting someone? Perhaps because it never happened and it was just locker room talk... I can't confirm this, but I do believe that the Muslim ban was just a suggestion. I don't think he ever said anything along the lines of "I will" ban all Muslims. I'm willing retract that statement if you can prove otherwise like before.

Every election ever has been held under the Electoral College process. It's very dumb of you to say that Donald lost. He won. That's why he is your President.

You're delusional if you think that global warming, or whatever you call it, is the biggest problem in the world.

You lunatic liberals have to make everything about race, don't you? It's kinda ironic when you consider that the last time Democrats were this mad was when Abe Lincoln abolished slavery.

All you say here just sounds like not even remotely funny trolling on an important subject. So I'm sorry for not taking a single word you say serious.

Professional Russian
January 22nd, 2017, 12:39 AM

seems like youre still not accepting it

mattsmith48
January 22nd, 2017, 12:46 AM
You're awfully chivalrous, aren't you? You're telling me that you have never heard a man talk about sexual topics before?
Golly gee, what men do you surround yourself with?! And for your information, President Trump never said he kissed someone without their permission. He literally said - and this is a direct quote - "they let you do it."

Talking about sex? Yes. Talking about sexually assaulting people? No.

Most of the terrorism are done by non-Muslims and/or citizens of the country where the attack happen and a Muslim ban wouldn't stop them.

Once again, he never said he kissed women without their permission. And why are you convinced that he would just admit to sexually assaulting someone? Perhaps because it never happened and it was just locker room talk...

Because he said it and multiple women confirmed it.

I can't confirm this, but I do believe that the Muslim ban was just a suggestion. I don't think he ever said anything along the lines of "I will" ban all Muslims. I'm willing retract that statement if you can prove otherwise like before.

After people told this idiot that he can't ban all Muslims because US constitution prohibits it, he said it was a suggestion he later said he was talking about Muslim countries.

I never said he lost.

Why?

The Democratic party use to be the racist party, the racist changed party to the Republican during the civil rights movement, they later became the new racist party and eventually lead to the rise of the new fuhrer.

Babs
January 22nd, 2017, 02:03 AM
Buckle up, friends.

Periphery
January 22nd, 2017, 02:18 AM
As much as I hate Trump, there is a certain group of people I find worse.

The idiots starting riots and smashing shit everywhere. Half of them probably didn't even vote. Atleast give Trump a chance.

The Byrd As for America going down the same path as Europe, I disagree. America isn't exactly the No.1 destination for Syrian refugees, and terrorists blend in with them (with some exceptions in Brussels as they were born there). Europe has a massive problem with refugees from the ME, the US doesn't. They have Mexicans but they aren't fleeiing becausr their homes are being bombed or their family beheaded on the streets.

While global warming may not be the biggest, it comes very close. Not sure if you know but with the polar caps melting animals will go extinct, the sea level will rise and the water temperature is rising. Great barrier reef is dying, and well we'll see what your opinion is when The Netherlands have flooded completely (they're already below sea level at certain areas).

I must say, I admire you and mattsmith48's passion for bashing political views. I really do, because honestly this isn't even a debate, this thread was meant to discuss the aftermath of the elections but you two have to turn it into a bash fest.

Stronk Serb
January 22nd, 2017, 02:58 AM

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) actually ruined the insurance for the poor-middle class. It set the remiums higher and as such, prices went higher so insurance companies could cover the costs. It's good he is trying to get rid of the ACA.

Gumleaf
January 22nd, 2017, 04:01 AM
LMAO at leftists,liberals and so called anarchists,maybe it's time to stop fighting with police,destroying everything and accept that Trump is the new President of the United States !

Yup, agree with that. I find the protesting stupid. I mean Trump isn't someone I would want to be president. But guess what? He was voted in democratically, so I have some bad news for people who say that he doesn't represent them, he does, whether they like it or not. Some comments I've heard and read are so stupid. For example, "democracy is dead". Hello, he was voted in a democratic election. If Trump got in power by a coup, then that's a fair claim. It annoys me that when people don't get their way in politics that suddenly democracy is dead. I could go on, but the reaction in many ways is very stupid. People need to learn to accept the result of the election, whether they like it or not, and stop behaving like 5 year olds chucking a tantrum.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 04:18 AM
Lol, I feel ya...taking part in those "debates" is just not worth it.

Sometimes I just can’t be bothered too when I see no end to the depths of ignorance.

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) actually ruined the insurance for the poor-middle class. It set the remiums higher and as such, prices went higher so insurance companies could cover the costs. It's good he is trying to get rid of the ACA.

This is an extremely subjective opinion; actually so is mine when I said that coverage benefits should not be weakened. I have been to a hospital which has a 2-tier healthcare system and seen the effects for people with no/weak insurance coverage. Due to their lack of funding, the hospital is only willing to give them a reduced quality of care with cheaper equipment used. Also, practically everyone who has a pre-existing condition is excluded from insurance. This is something society as a whole must accept whether they are willing to share the burden of healthcare for such people. Obviously for the wealthy, it hardly matters but for the poor-middle class losing their health will most likely mean losing their income too; something that they can ill afford. So far what Trump has been pushing for is to weaken the requirements for the ACA which means that certain groups, especially those with pre-existing conditions, are likely to be badly hit. It is no fun when your own family member is stuck in the conundrum of having to raise money or die. In this aspect, the ACA was meant to be used as a safety net. They are many other boring aspects of ACA too but I won’t cover them. Basically ACA is like a safety net or a lottery system. Best that you don't need it but you want it there if you do.

On global warming and climate change, it is already a known fact with empirical evidence to support it. However, I can accept that some are still not fully satisfied with the reason that causes global warming. Regardless of whether it is due to CO2 or not as long as there seems to be some kind of correlation, isn’t it safer to try reducing greenhouse emissions for now? Besides there is only 1 Earth and it would too late when irreversible damage has already done. I know that not everyone feels the effect of climate change current but it is woefully irresponsible as a global citizen to simply ignore others who are. Also coal plants are the most polluting power plants ever invented. No one said that you had to rely on the more costly renewables. Instead, at least switch to the cleaner gas or oil power plants. This would also be better for people living near the power plants as they won’t be breathing in the pollutants from burning coal. Even China is moving away from coal.

It is also a vacuous notion to cling onto the vestige of some bygone era when the world is moving on. If we are truly talking about real global economics and globalisation then instead of bemoaning the loss of jobs in sun-set industries, start retraining for better paying jobs in the new rising industries. Insisting on keeping crappy low paying jobs is just a self-fulfilling prophecy on having a lower material standard of life in the long run. Show some modicum of foresight people.

What I don’t understand is why people voted for Trump. Apart from his brilliant marketing compared to Clinton, what was the real rational substance that drew people to him? Before anyone say that I am protesting a Trump presidency, I don’t. I am not a US citizen but am merely curious from an anthropological point of view. Personally, since it’s the global top economically speaking that will benefit from his policies, I suspect it will benefit me more than the working class who voted for him. As it is the markets have been performing fairly well.

Dalcourt
January 22nd, 2017, 04:27 AM
Yup, agree with that. I find the protesting stupid. I mean Trump isn't someone I would want to be president. But guess what? He was voted in democratically, so I have some bad news for people who say that he doesn't represent them, he does, whether they like it or not. Some comments I've heard and read are so stupid. For example, "democracy is dead". Hello, he was voted in a democratic election. If Trump got in power by a coup, then that's a fair claim. It annoys me that when people don't get their way in politics that suddenly democracy is dead. I could go on, but the reaction in many ways is very stupid. People need to learn to accept the result of the election, whether they like it or not, and stop behaving like 5 year olds chucking a tantrum.

Right-wing and conservatives threw the same tantrum our the past 8 years. Whining about how suppressed they were under that evil Obama regime so isn't it just fair to let the Liberals throw a tantrum now, too??

Gumleaf
January 22nd, 2017, 04:29 AM
What I don’t understand is why people voted for Trump. Apart from his brilliant marketing compared to Clinton, what was the real rational substance that drew people to him? Before anyone say that I am protesting a Trump presidency, I don’t. I am not a US citizen but am merely curious from an anthropological point of view. Personally, since it’s the global top economically speaking that will benefit from his policies, I suspect it will benefit me more than the working class who voted for him. As it is the markets have been performing fairly well.

The main vibe was that people were sick of the "establishment". In other words people were sick of being told what they should think, do and say. The other vibe was that the poli's had stopped listening to people's concerns and spent most of the time being pc and trying not to be controversial and upset minority groups rather than doing what they were elected to do.

I think there is some merit as to those reasons for voting for Trump, but my personal opinion is that in this instance the establishment would be better than a loose cannon like Trump. But he was elected, that has to be accepted and people need to come to terms with it.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 04:32 AM
Can someone define what Liberals and Conservatives even mean to them these days? The way they act these days is more of a power struggle than pushing forward policies of that benefit the middle or working class and seem so far removed from the days when they actually were who they claimed to be.

The main vibe was that people were sick of the "establishment". In other words people were sick of being told what they should think, do and say. The other vibe was that the poli's had stopped listening to people's concerns and spent most of the time being pc and trying not to be controversial and upset minority groups rather than doing what they were elected to do.

I think there is some merit as to those reasons for voting for Trump, but my personal opinion is that in this instance the establishment would be better than a loose cannon like Trump. But he was elected, that has to be accepted and people need to come to terms with it.

I see. So it is change for the sake of change even if it meant hurting themselves economically and they are tired of being "tolerant"? Before anyone starts talking on ISIS, do they even know who started ISIS (CIA for those who don't) and the various sects of Islam(>3)? Because if they don't, I see very good opportunities for manipulation through generalizations and stereotyping. Or perhaps this is beyond their comprehension?

Reminds me of this quote. President Lyndon B. Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

(oops. I just realized I double posted. Cld some mod merge the posts pls. Srry n tks.)

Posts merged. ~Mars

Gumleaf
January 22nd, 2017, 04:44 AM
Right-wing and conservatives threw the same tantrum our the past 8 years. Whining about how suppressed they were under that evil Obama regime so isn't it just fair to let the Liberals throw a tantrum now, too??

Same rule applies both ways. I'm not immersed enough with the happenings during the Obama years because it didn't get air time here. But if that was the case than they should have accepted that Obama was president too, voted in democratically just as Trump was. My point is, whoever you vote for in whatever election and whatever the result, you have to learn to accept it and move on. Making claims that a certain president/prime minister (depending where you are from) doesn't represent you or is not their president/prime minister is stupid when you don't get your way. Most people are going to spend many years of their lives voting in elections and in some cases will get the result they want and other times they won't. The point above all else is you have a right to oppose a government's policies, and express that. But to carry on and make stupid comments is encouraging the divisions people want to see gone.

bentheplayer As for hurting themselves economically, we'll find that out either way in four years time. As much as I'm not a Trump fan, it's not fair to make that assumption yet. But what the vibe is has little or nothing to do with tolerance. It has more to do with governments doing what they are elected to do which is to ensure national safety and provide affordable essential services to all people they govern. That is a government's basic role. Social issues follow from that in a secondary role along with other issues that are less important than essential services. Many people are of the belief apparently that these lines are somewhat blurred I guess.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 05:31 AM
Gumleaf I think once you see yourself as a global citizen and have the ability to be one, your outlook on such stuff might change. Trump's policies suggests a highly capitalistic regime with huge tax cuts and possibly reduced social programs. The free market is excellent at making money and profits for the wealthy but not so much for the average wage earner living from paycheck to paycheck.

US national security is a joke. Their agencies keep creating enemies till the point I wonder if they are doing so for the sake of their survival; to justify the need of their own existence. I think most people in the world will be happy to have peace rather than violence and fighting.

As for essential services and social services, why aren't they all related? Anyways what do you consider as essential services? Economic public goods and those quasi ones? Historically, revolutions are known to happen when the wealth gap becomes exceedingly large and most developed governments usually strive to create some kind of equity. Progressive taxation is one form of it. Tax transfers are also almost always one area that everyone conveniently neglects.

Gumleaf
January 22nd, 2017, 05:55 AM
Gumleaf I think once you see yourself as a global citizen and have the ability to be one, your outlook on such stuff might change. Trump's policies suggests a highly capitalistic regime with huge tax cuts and possibly reduced social programs. The free market is excellent at making money and profits for the wealthy but not so much for the average wage earner living from paycheck to paycheck.

US national security is a joke. Their agencies keep creating enemies till the point I wonder if they are doing so for the sake of their survival; to justify the need of their own existence. I think most people in the world will be happy to have peace rather than violence and fighting.

As for essential services and social services, why aren't they all related? Anyways what do you consider as essential services? Economic public goods and those quasi ones? Historically, revolutions are known to happen when the wealth gap becomes exceedingly large and most developed governments usually strive to create some kind of equity. Progressive taxation is one form of it. Tax transfers are also almost always one area that everyone conveniently neglects.

With respect, I don't need you to tell me what my views should be, especially as I haven't offered much of a personal view, but more of a collective view of things I've read and heard to answer your original question as to why people voted in the numbers they did for Trump. Essential services include health care, housing, fuel price affordability etc. I know Obamacare is a big issue, but I don't know enough about it to comment on that either way. Social issues I refer to are things like legalising recreational drugs and the debate that would cause, for example. I don't think you've grasp the points I've been making given the trajectory of what you're saying. Anywho, this isn't ROTW and not a place for debate, so I'll leave it there. All the best dude.

Dalcourt
January 22nd, 2017, 07:41 AM
Same rule applies both ways. I'm not immersed enough with the happenings during the Obama years because it didn't get air time here. But if that was the case than they should have accepted that Obama was president too, voted in democratically just as Trump was. My point is, whoever you vote for in whatever election and whatever the result, you have to learn to accept it and move on. Making claims that a certain president/prime minister (depending where you are from) doesn't represent you or is not their president/prime minister is stupid when you don't get your way. Most people are going to spend many years of their lives voting in elections and in some cases will get the result they want and other times they won't. The point above all else is you have a right to oppose a government's policies, and express that. But to carry on and make stupid comments is encouraging the divisions people want to see .

And my point is whoever you not voted for it's your freedom of speech and expression to criticise and oppose.
Conservatives have complained about Obama for 8 years and were butthurt about issues like what toilets should transgender people go to. I mean wtf it's such a small minority most people will never even meet a transgender person their whole life so why even bother to think about that issue?
And now with half the nation not liking Trump they are butthurt cuz those people who did not vote for the new President don't like him.
They had always been so keen on their freedom of speech and other liberties they claim are their constitutional rights...so why not allowing the other part of the US that rights now? They ran around opposing e.g Obamacare...so it's only fair to allow the other side to protest abolishing it.
Where are we living if opposition and being of a different opinion isn't allowed any more?
In a free country people have the right to demonstrate and say that they have a different opinion than their political leaders.

r

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 07:49 AM
With respect, I don't need you to tell me what my views should be, especially as I haven't offered much of a personal view, but more of a collective view of things I've read and heard to answer your original question as to why people voted in the numbers they did for Trump. Essential services include health care, housing, fuel price affordability etc. I know Obamacare is a big issue, but I don't know enough about it to comment on that either way. Social issues I refer to are things like legalising recreational drugs and the debate that would cause, for example. I don't think you've grasp the points I've been making given the trajectory of what you're saying. Anywho, this isn't ROTW and not a place for debate, so I'll leave it there. All the best dude.

I think that if you reread what I wrote, I am not telling you what your views should be. I'm just saying that your views might change according to your personal circumstances. Anyways thanks for clarifying what you meant by essential services and social issues as different people will have different opinions on what they entail. Everyone is entitled to their informed opinion and all that I am trying to do is to give people a perspective they may not have thought of or know.

What I am curious about is what criteria do people use when choosing Trump. Choosing change for the sake of it seems more like a gamble than an informed choice which is why I am wondering if I am missing something here.

Whoever the president is isn't the end of the world as long as you make the best out of it. Opportunities will always be there for people to capitalize on as long as you are willing to seek them out. At its basics, its still the fight of the fittest albeit in a new form.

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
While global warming may not be the biggest, it comes very close. Not sure if you know but with the polar caps melting animals will go extinct, the sea level will rise and the water temperature is rising. Great barrier reef is dying, and well we'll see what your opinion is when The Netherlands have flooded completely (they're already below sea level at certain areas).

What is a bigger immediate threat: terrorism or global warming?

define "fake news" pls

(probably just going to amount to "news sites that challenge my beliefs in any way" but whatever)

Not at all. Fake news is the news outlets that do not report things that go against their political agenda. Buzzfeed, Vox, The Huffington Compost etc... Fake news is outlets that show partiality.

All you say here just sounds like not even remotely funny trolling on an important subject. So I'm sorry for not taking a single word you say serious.

Well at least I’m having fun.

Talking about sex? Yes. Talking about sexually assaulting people? No.

It was a joke. That's why President Trump and his friends were laughing after it. But I forgot, the left is terrified of jokes.

Most of the terrorism are done by non-Muslims and/or citizens of the country where the attack happen and a Muslim ban wouldn't stop them.

Whether radical Islamic terrorism has happened or not (which it has) the fact is that it can, which is very dangerous. I can't believe people like you can't see that.

Because he said it and multiple women confirmed it.

Like I have already said, it was a joke. That's why he said it and everybody laughed. I don't know if you know this, but rapists generally don't go round telling people that they are rapists. These people that "confirmed it" are making it up. You're blind if you can't see that. Why would they wait until he is about to win the election to come out and say that they were raped by Donald? It's clear as day: they just wanted to tarnish Mr President's campaign, which they failed at by the way.

After people told this idiot that he can't ban all Muslims because US constitution prohibits it, he said it was a suggestion he later said he was talking about Muslim countries.

The Constitution can be amended, sir. And since when have the left cared about the Constitution?

I never said he lost.

You said that Crooked H didn't lose, which implies that she won and President Trump lost.

Why?

You're delusional because there are things such as terrorism and poverty, which are more dangerous than something which will take basically hundreds of years to really affect anyone. Don't believe what the scientists tell you. They're the ones that said, twenty years ago, that all the ice in the world would be gone by now.

The Democratic party use to be the racist party, the racist changed party to the Republican during the civil rights movement, they later became the new racist party and eventually lead to the rise of the new fuhrer.

There aren't many racists at all anymore, and the majority of them still belong to the Democratic party. They like to present themselves as fighting for black people and whatnot but they're the ones that enforce the false stereotypes. I have a video that shows that if you're interested.

Mars
January 22nd, 2017, 09:44 AM
Seeing where this thread has gone,

VT Daily :arrow: ROTW

Porpoise101
January 22nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
enviromentalists crying
Hell yeah I'm crying when you have proposals like this plan (https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy), you tend to worry. "Drilling oil and gas on federal lands" - such a ridiculous thing. The reason our National Parks and Wildlife Refuges exist is to stop drilling on those lands. The point is to maintain pristine places, but I guess that won't happen.

The park service lasted the last 100 years preserving lands from private interests. Now I guess their biggest threat is their boss.

The Byrd I'd like to know a single news organization without partially. The fact is, every source has a bias. That's not bad, it just means you have to actually try to find multiple places to get the most reliable result.

Mars
January 22nd, 2017, 11:02 AM
Tbqh guys, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting impeached or retiring because of tax evasion or some sex scandal.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 11:04 AM
The Byrd I'd like to know a single news organization without partially. The fact is, every source has a bias. That's not bad, it just means you have to actually try to find multiple places to get the most reliable result.

Well said. It makes me wonder if all that education has failed or people have evolved to a state condemned to parroting "popular" catchphrases. Where has all the critical appraisal skills gone to?

For the record fake means false or slander while impartiality means giving both sides adequate representation. Fake news and impartial news are 2 very different entities all together and to suggest that they are the same is astounding. Every news source is generally considered as biased, no matter the effort put into publishing as it is nearly impossible to offer a partial representation on all views. Even bloomberg/reuters/WSJ that are usually considered as factual exhibit varying degrees of biasness.

Most of what Trump has labeled as fake news legally don't qualify as truly fake. For example Buzzfeed has already made it clear that the published dossier is unverified and the onus is on the readers to judge these allegations. This is just journalism that attempts to show readers the kind of evidence that news reports are based on. It is for readers to investigate and decide whether the conclusions drawn from these evidences are correct or not. To call the evidence fake is one thing but to call a news channel is another. It is simply absurd to generalize things to this extent. I am rather surprised that all these marketing gimmicks are so readily taken up.

To put it bluntly, he is a great con artist with the ability to sensationalize things.

Periphery
January 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
The Byrd

It's not that terrorism important, it's just that climate change shouldn't be forgotten about as in the long run it's extremely important, and not just for humans.

Professional Russian
January 22nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
Hell yeah I'm crying when you have proposals like this plan (https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy), you tend to worry. "Drilling oil and gas on federal lands" - such a ridiculous thing. The reason our National Parks and Wildlife Refuges exist is to stop drilling on those lands. The point is to maintain pristine places, but I guess that won't happen.

The park service lasted the last 100 years preserving lands from private interests. Now I guess their biggest threat is their boss

good drill some more. the more they drill the morning jobs crrated. also after they're done drilling and everything's gone you wouldn't even know they were drilling there. reclamation crews coming and make everything nice and pristine again. I've been there. I've done it. we always put shit back how it was when we're done with a job

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 12:41 PM

Well said. It makes me wonder if all that education has failed or people have evolved to a state condemned to parroting "popular" catchphrases. Where has all the critical appraisal skills gone to?

For the record fake means false or slander while impartiality means giving both sides adequate representation. Fake news and impartial news are 2 very different entities all together and to suggest that they are the same is astounding. Every news source is generally considered as biased, no matter the effort put into publishing as it is nearly impossible to offer a partial representation on all views. Even bloomberg/reuters/WSJ that are usually considered as factual exhibit varying degrees of biasness.

Most of what Trump has labeled as fake news legally don't qualify as truly fake. For example Buzzfeed has already made it clear that the published dossier is unverified and the onus is on the readers to judge these allegations. This is just journalism that attempts to show readers the kind of evidence that news reports are based on. It is for readers to investigate and decide whether the conclusions drawn from these evidences are correct or not. To call the evidence fake is one thing but to call a news channel is another. It is simply absurd to generalize things to this extent. I am rather surprised that all these marketing gimmicks are so readily taken up.

To put it bluntly, he is a great con artist with the ability to sensationalize things.

Okay then. To appease you and your adoration for them, from now on, I’ll call them “extremely partial news”. I just thing that “fake news” is easier and sounds much better.

The Byrd

It's not that terrorism important, it's just that climate change shouldn't be forgotten about as in the long run it's extremely important, and not just for humans.

I actually agree with you on that. Once the immediate threat of terrorism and the horrors of poverty have been tackled, and US soil is safe and secure, other issues such as climate change can be taken on as a priority.

Periphery
January 22nd, 2017, 12:52 PM
The Byrd

I don't really see how US soil is in danger right now. Please explain

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 12:55 PM
Okay then. To appease you and your adoration for them, from now on, I’ll call them “extremely partial news”. I just thing that “fake news” is easier and sounds much better.

I don't adore any news outlet. Just simply stating that all news outlet are partial. The onus is on people to read news critically. If they can't even do that... what kind of informed opinion am I to expect them to have? Everyone usually has an agenda and it would overly simplistic to accept what people say at face value. Just as I don't accept everything Obama says, why should I with Trump?

Since you seem to suggest that there are fully impartial news outlets please share who they are so that a critical analysis can be done on them. I would like to know who are more impartial than bloomberg/reuters/WSJ.

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 01:18 PM
The Byrd

I don't really see how US soil is in danger right now. Please explain

Just look at the number of terrorist attacks there have been recently compared to years past. It's so easy for these people to get in, and it needs to be stopped.

I don't adore any news outlet. Just simply stating that all news outlet are partial. The onus is on people to read news critically. If they can't even do that... what kind of informed opinion am I to expect them to have? Everyone usually has an agenda and it would overly simplistic to accept what people say at face value. Just as I don't accept everything Obama says, why should I with Trump?

Since you seem to suggest that there are fully impartial news outlets please share who they are so that a critical analysis can be done on them. I would like to know who are more impartial than bloomberg/reuters/WSJ.

I didn't say there are any impartial ones, I don't believe. If I did, I retract that statement. There are simply those more partial than others.

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 01:21 PM
I didn't say there are any impartial ones, I don't believe. If I did, I retract that statement. There are simply those more partial than others.

Ok so who are the more partial ones then? I am rather curious as to where people get info frm since I doubt that they usually use the 3 I mentioned.

Anyways regardless of whether those info have been published, the more informed people will always be able to acquire all those data that Trump may label as fake.

How about this? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38707722
So who's lying now and is this considered as more partial than others?

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 01:36 PM
Ok so who are the more partial ones then? I am rather curious as to where people get info frm since I doubt that they usually use the 3 I mentioned.
The most partial ones are Vox, The Huffington Compost, Buzzfeed and Clinton News Network. I do not get my info from either of them.

Mars
January 22nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
The most partial ones are Vox, The Huffington Compost, Buzzfeed and Clinton News Network. I do not get my info from either of them.

>implying buzzfeed is news in the first place

What are your thoughts on his order to repeal Obama care btw? Putting over 100 million people with pre existing conditions out of insurance and benefits? Or his comments on NATO?

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 01:39 PM

What are your thoughts on his order to repeal Obama care btw? Putting over 100 million people with pre existing conditions out of insurance and benefits? Or his comments on NATO?

It's being repealed and replaced. No one will be going without insurance.

Mars
January 22nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
It's being repealed and replaced. No one will be going without insurance.

And you know it's being replaced with basically the same plan, right?

bentheplayer
January 22nd, 2017, 01:59 PM

If they fail to understand the subtleties of news discourse and what constitutes as fake news, I think it would a stretch to expect them to comprehend how the insurance market works. Actuarial science will probably be beyond their cognitive abilities.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-22/trump-adviser-kellyanne-conway-says-obamacare-penalty-will-end
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-19/republican-governors-balk-as-congress-races-to-kill-obamacare

Clearly it seems that they are simply rushing to repeal it without any concrete plans for the "soon to come" replacement. If this were to happen, it means that millions will be in limbo and had better not fall sick before the replacement arrives.

And you know it's being replaced with basically the same plan, right?

I think no one knows for sure what the replacement will be but for now it seems that universal insurance coverage might not be the replacement. They seem to be favoring some kind of block grants and personal health saving account scheme. As it is there is some degree of in fighting among themselves on how the replacement should be.

mattsmith48
January 22nd, 2017, 03:20 PM

Its gonna be great for the people who will be dying because they can't afford insurance.

What is a bigger immediate threat: terrorism or global warming?

Why is this even a question of course its global warming.

Whether radical Islamic terrorism has happened or not (which it has) the fact is that it can, which is very dangerous. I can't believe people like you can't see that.

Yes terrorism done by Muslims happen but its only a small percentage of terrorist attacks, Blaming and banning an entire religion because of the action of a few, Hitler tried that and how did that turn out again?

Like I have already said, it was a joke. That's why he said it and everybody laughed. I don't know if you know this, but rapists generally don't go round telling people that they are rapists. These people that "confirmed it" are making it up. You're blind if you can't see that. Why would they wait until he is about to win the election to come out and say that they were raped by Donald? It's clear as day: they just wanted to tarnish Mr President's campaign, which they failed at by the way.

Rapists generally don't go round telling people that they are rapists just like presidential candidate don't generally go round telling people to shoot the president if they don't like the judges they picked.

The Constitution can be amended, sir. And since when have the left cared about the Constitution?

Do you know how hard that is.

You're delusional because there are things such as terrorism and poverty, which are more dangerous than something which will take basically hundreds of years to really affect anyone. Don't believe what the scientists tell you. They're the ones that said, twenty years ago, that all the ice in the world would be gone by now.

Climate change is already affecting us now.

There aren't many racists at all anymore, and the majority of them still belong to the Democratic party.

Yeah those Democrats who nominated a racist maniac for president who as endorsed by the KKK and neo-nazis... oh wait that was the Republicans.

They like to present themselves as fighting for black people and whatnot but they're the ones that enforce the false stereotypes. I have a video that shows that if you're interested.

Would like to see that video.

Porpoise101
January 22nd, 2017, 04:53 PM
reclamation crews coming and make everything nice and pristine again.
Buddy, by definition pristine means untouched. It's not possible to have pristine Arctic tundra/canyons/virgin forests and oil rigs at the same time. No matter what you do to fix it, during the time the drilling is operational the wildlife and nature suffers. You can't have it both ways, otherwise I'd gladly take my American gas and also beautiful wilderness.

The Byrd I would say that your selection is missing a lot of perspective. None of the media organizations you have mentioned have actively worked on a campaign (unlike Fox News or Breitbart). The news problem is mostly on the right. Only two of the orgs you mentioned even try to be more balanced news anyways, and one of those is a cable network. Cable news is widely regarded to be the worst type of media in the US, so in reality the only viable news source you are criticizing is Vox. Vox from my experience is pretty impartial, except for its opinion pieces which are meant to be partial anyways. Before you say "buhhh Wikileaks," take a look at this (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3468309&postcount=8) first, then come back.

The Byrd
January 22nd, 2017, 06:52 PM
Yeah those Democrats who nominated a racist maniac for president who as endorsed by the KKK and neo-nazis... oh wait that was the Republicans.

Would like to see that video.

I'm done talking about climate change so I'll just address these two points. You're clearly trying to prove that President Trump is racist so, please, some evidence?

There is no one Klan group so nobody can be endorsed by "the KKK". Neo-Nazis and members of Klan groups have endorsed Crooked H as well as Mr President so such endorsement reveals nothing about racism or whatever you're implying. Here:

BYMgSHiudvs

Skip to 2:16

And the video about liberals enforcing black stereotypes:

DeMpdTISaAE

brandon9
January 22nd, 2017, 09:15 PM
This thread, as all others containing certain individuals present have, actually made me laugh at some of the ignorant, senseless comments, thanks for the laugh!

All shit aside, I'm throwing my two cents in here - I'm happy as hell Trump is finally President. I believe he will be a positive change for this country, a step away from the bullshit direction we were headed in (what I like to call the "participation trophy culture of forced political correctness and tolerance"). All these people protesting and rioting and shit just need to stop, such behavior ill-becomes our nation and prevents a chance of coming together for the good of our country. Grow a fucking pair, suck it up like everyone else in history has when their candidates didn't win, and give the man a chance instead of making America appear weak via societal fracture. He's not out to destroy us, he's there to make us better. That's his job now.

Porpoise101
January 22nd, 2017, 09:25 PM
And the video about liberals enforcing black stereotypes:

DeMpdTISaAE
You have heard of video editing right? This guy could have just cut the stuff he didn't want people to hear. I would have done the same. Also, this guy's methods are flawed because the whole voter ID issue is a southern one. Harlem is not the place to ask around.

lyhom
January 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
Grow a fucking pair, suck it up like everyone else in history has when their candidates didn't win, and give the man a chance instead of making America appear weak via societal fracture. He's not out to destroy us, he's there to make us better. That's his job now.

thing is is that he's had more than enough time on the campaign trail to make people give him a chance, and actually being president now won't make the people who've already lost hope get it back.

like personally I'm giving him a chance in that I hope he doesn't make the country worse than it was before, but really to me I don't have that much confidence considering how he and his team spend so much time getting butthurt that the media isn't jacking them off or whatever spicer's "fake news" press conference or conway's "alternative facts" stuff was about

brandon9
January 22nd, 2017, 09:57 PM
thing is is that he's had more than enough time on the campaign trail to make people give him a chance, and actually being president now won't make the people who've already lost hope get it back.

like personally I'm giving him a chance in that I hope he doesn't make the country worse than it was before, but really to me I don't have that much confidence considering how he and his team spend so much time getting butthurt that the media isn't jacking them off or whatever spicer's "fake news" press conference or conway's "alternative facts" stuff was about

Be as it may, there's a concept called "being an adult," and the fact of the matter is that there are a hell of a lot of "adults" in this country behaving like children.

I'm glad you're giving him a chance, even though you lack confidence in him. I think he will show all the people who doubt him that he really has good intentions; he just expresses himself differently than perhaps what some are used to.

bentheplayer
January 23rd, 2017, 04:38 AM
Be as it may, there's a concept called "being an adult," and the fact of the matter is that there are a hell of a lot of "adults" in this country behaving like children.

I'm glad you're giving him a chance, even though you lack confidence in him. I think he will show all the people who doubt him that he really has good intentions; he just expresses himself differently than perhaps what some are used to.

Given that Trump is represented by a press secretary who talks about alternative news/fake news and still disputes something as insignificant as the inauguration figures when he is clearly wrong? The amount of goodwill is running thin. Its utter hypocrisy to claim that others are fake news when Trump administration is the one spreading fake news that is factually untrue. The "dishonest media" may be partial but at least they rarely tell outright lies. It is amazing that propaganda still works in this supposedly enlightened age. You should know its bs when they have to end their sentences with a booming "period". Sure, call their falsehoods a joke but people hate liars.

Gumleaf
January 23rd, 2017, 04:50 AM
And my point is whoever you not voted for it's your freedom of speech and expression to criticise and oppose.
Conservatives have complained about Obama for 8 years and were butthurt about issues like what toilets should transgender people go to. I mean wtf it's such a small minority most people will never even meet a transgender person their whole life so why even bother to think about that issue?
And now with half the nation not liking Trump they are butthurt cuz those people who did not vote for the new President don't like him.
They had always been so keen on their freedom of speech and other liberties they claim are their constitutional rights...so why not allowing the other part of the US that rights now? They ran around opposing e.g Obamacare...so it's only fair to allow the other side to protest abolishing it.
Where are we living if opposition and being of a different opinion isn't allowed any more?
In a free country people have the right to demonstrate and say that they have a different opinion than their political leaders.

r

It might come as a surprise to you that I actually agree with most, if not all of what you've said in principle. Like I said in the post before, I have no problem with people protesting policy and points of view etc, I mean people do it in this forum all the time. My point is very simple and is about one thing and I'll say it again, people who say that Trump is not their president have to learn to accept that he actually is and need to deal with that. They are most free to oppose policy and disagree on opinions and voice those thoughts. But going around saying that Trump is not their president is ridiculous. The same would apply if the shoe was on the other foot also.

I'll give you a personal example of what I'm saying. The first time I was allowed to vote, I voted for a candidate, and that candidate didn't win and we had a prime minister called Julia Gillard being returned in a controversial election in a minority government. I disagreed with many of her policies, and I expressed that to people from time to time. But at the end of the day, despite what I think or want, she was elected democratically, and for better or worse she was my prime minister. In this case it was for worse in my opinion. But she was my pm and I had to deal with that and I did.

bentheplayer
January 23rd, 2017, 05:10 AM
It might come as a surprise to you that I actually agree with most, if not all of what you've said in principle. Like I said in the post before, I have no problem with people protesting policy and points of view etc, I mean people do it in this forum all the time. My point is very simple and is about one thing and I'll say it again, people who say that Trump is not their president have to learn to accept that he actually is and need to deal with that. They are most free to oppose policy and disagree on opinions and voice those thoughts. But going around saying that Trump is not their president is ridiculous. The same would apply if the shoe was on the other foot also.

I'll give you a personal example of what I'm saying. The first time I was allowed to vote, I voted for a candidate, and that candidate didn't win and we had a prime minister called Julia Gillard being returned in a controversial election in a minority government. I disagreed with many of her policies, and I expressed that to people from time to time. But at the end of the day, despite what I think or want, she was elected democratically, and for better or worse she was my prime minister. In this case it was for worse in my opinion. But she was my pm and I had to deal with that and I did.

Actually I think what you said is kinda expected from an Australian. The only thing is the "not my president" idea has been around in the US for ages. A quick google and you can find such movements for Obama and Bush too. However, there were probably fewer of such people who thought that way back then with both Obama and Bush than Trump so you probably won't hear it in Aussie news. Politics in US has always kinda different.

If I am not mistaken, their reason for saying that someone is not their president is their way of telling others that the person doesn't represent their views at all and that they don't condone his actions. Seems a tad extreme tho. It would be better if they channeled that energy into challenging policies/opinions like you mentioned. Perhaps they have already given up hope on challenging policies and see this as a last ditch attempt? :confused:

Professional Russian
January 23rd, 2017, 07:58 AM
Buddy, by definition pristine means untouched. It's not possible to have pristine Arctic tundra/canyons/virgin forests and oil rigs at the same time. No matter what you do to fix it, during the time the drilling is operational the wildlife and nature suffers. You can't have it both ways, otherwise I'd gladly take my American gas and also beautiful wilderness.

ok so it's not perfect when we're done whatever. but we make it pretty damn nice. I've been on lines where we were just putting it back together and hunted on it the next year and tagged out. pipelines aren't as bad as you think. sure lpoking at them when they're being built they are but when we're done it's not really that bad. for people who could fuck up antrying we can put it back together pretty well

PlasmaHam
January 23rd, 2017, 09:28 AM
I never said he lost. I have been trying to stay out of this debate, you've brought this down so low through your hypocritical bickering and childlike debating, but I just wanted to say that you did repeatedly say that Trump did not win the election. You were obsessive that Trump didn't win because Trump didn't get the popular vote, so please stop the hypocrisy.

Mars
January 23rd, 2017, 10:01 AM
Please keep this thread on topic and refrain from straying. Thank you. ~Mars

PlasmaHam
January 23rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
Y'all just listen to Mars and stop this constant bickering. This thread was created to express opinions regarding the Trump inauguration. This is NOT a thread to bash politics or have long anti-Trump/Pro-Trump debates. I am getting so sick and tired of people constantly fighting on this site on nearly everything nowadays. I am also extremely tired of people who can't show the least bit of respect towards others on this forum and towards elected officials (you know who you are.) Lets try to act like civilized people, okay?

Now, on to the subject of the recent Trump presidency. I am excited that Netanyahu was one of the first foreign leaders Trump has talked to. Provides some reassurance that Trump is going to keep his promises to support Israel in a greater capacity than prior administrations. His recent actions on Obamacare and TPP are also reassuring that he will keep his campaign promises.

As for the protests, I'll be very frank. Going around dressed up as genitalia, cussing at people, disrespecting the US democratic process, and encouraging and even engaging violence is not getting you any friends. It is actually doing the opposite, people are seeing you as whiny children who complain whenever they don't get what they want. But please, keep it up, you are doing nothing but hurting your own party.

Jinglebottom
January 23rd, 2017, 02:01 PM
And to think this started out as a "news" thread. :lol: Oh well, since it's about American politics, it was bound to blow up no matter what.

Dalcourt
January 23rd, 2017, 10:39 PM
I have been trying to stay out of this debate, you've brought this down so low through your hypocritical bickering and childlike debating, but I just wanted to say that you did repeatedly say that Trump did not win the election. You were obsessive that Trump didn't win because Trump didn't get the popular vote, so please stop the hypocrisy.

Well what mattsmith48 talks about is probably "alternative facts" and since those are a thing under our new President nobody can prove anything or anyone wrong these days.

mattsmith48
January 24th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Well what mattsmith48 talks about is probably "alternative facts" and since those are a thing under our new President nobody can prove anything or anyone wrong these days.

Im just stating the true fact that the person who got more votes is not president.

NewLeafsFan
January 28th, 2017, 06:28 PM
The American president is very confused on many issues:

Cutting funds to planned parenthood is taking money away from poor women

Climate change does exist. No, its not a myth made up by China. Or Chena as Trump calls it.

Civil Rights and LGBT rights are a thing for a reason.

This ban on Muslim immigration is criminal. Especially since it doesnt include countries that Trump has done business with.

It would be very difficult to make NAFTA more beneficial to the USA

Mexico should not pay for a wall because of Americas boarder security. Every country should be responsible for its own boarders.

It is not ok to cut funding to cities like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles and ither cities that did not and never will vote for you.

mattsmith48
January 28th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Its funny that people who support the Muslim ban because its going to keep America safe from quote ''Islamic terrorism'', but the country responsible for 9/11 is exempt from the ban.

Dalcourt
January 29th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Its funny that people who support the Muslim ban because its going to keep America safe from quote ''Islamic terrorism'', but the country responsible for 9/11 is exempt from the ban.

Well you won't anger people you do business with, will you?
How should America become great again if all those who finance you are pissed at you?
So to please your close minded poorly educated sheep ban Muslim refugees but continue business with Muslim counties that have the money (and are accused by some to secretly finance Islamic terrorism).

Double standards? No...since according to some of our beloved conservation forum members I won't mention here only Leftists, Liberals and Democrats have double standards.:rolleyes:

bentheplayer
January 29th, 2017, 01:11 AM
How should America become great again if all those who finance you are pissed at you?
So to please your close minded poorly educated sheep ban Muslim refugees but continue business with Muslim counties that have the money (and are accused by some to secretly finance Islamic terrorism).

Double standards? No...since according to some of our beloved conservation forum members I won't mention here only Leftists, Liberals and Democrats have double standards.:rolleyes:

How ironic isn't it? When they can preach morality when they themselves are guilty of flexible morality. This them and us attitude is gonna do no good and everyone is just going to end up with less on a whole.

Anyways for those who keep accusing the other side on what they do in the past, why? Historical acts and even current acts may not necessarily be condoned by all members in any sect that one may accuse them to be part of. What we are interested in is on the present and future which many feel is in jeopardy due to Trump's policies. So rather than simply resort to sectarian ideology, why not use that energy to analyse current events with due consideration for the future?

Since certain individuals keep banging on whether Trump won due to the difference in results of the popular vote and that of the Electoral College system, my question to them is how does this matter? The whole idea of presidency was born as a way to unite the various states in the modern US today so the Electoral system was made to ensure that smaller states have a say too and are not neglected in the federal context by the larger states. However, since that people frequently move between states, the idea of state lines are becoming blurry. Whether the Electoral system is still relevant in today’s context is irrelevant. The main reason people keep pointing out that Trump lost the majority vote is to make others aware that Trump has a very weak mandate for his current views. As I have mentioned before, the President is there to represent everyone in the US and not just a minority select group(s). Till date, unlike other past Presidents, Trump has not shown any sign that he acknowledges the majority differing view or even reconciling with the majority. If this goes on, as seen in US history, it may well lead to the spark of the next civil war. Also, many people are angry as his policies largely goes against conventional wisdom on what will benefit the middle class and poorer people.

Stronk Serb
January 29th, 2017, 09:13 AM

Well, the US is responsible for 9/11 in some way. I mean Al-Qaeda evolved from the Mujahedin who were trained and suplied to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan. They created a monster that bit them by the ass. Also you shouldn't really worry about Saudi nationals coming to the US for the simple reason that they still have an exit visa policy.

Tobyisnotdead
January 29th, 2017, 10:05 AM
A woman was just deported back to Spain. She had two birth right children, who aren't Spain citizens.

bentheplayer
January 29th, 2017, 10:18 AM
A woman was just deported back to Spain. She had two birth right children, who aren't Spain citizens.

This is nothing new. Deportation of parents has been happening for ages even during Obama's time due to congress.

JOEn0iBWWx0

While vice is quite biased, this is best vid that I can think of that attempts to document the issues of this deportation of parents from the deportees and their family's pov.

Bull
January 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM
I'm with the Pope: "Wait and See." However, after his first week in office I am NOT impressed on the positive side. Let's see how he behaves in week two. Also, it is interesting to read comments by people who do not live in America, some of whom do not have a basic understanding of that America is a democratic republic and what that means. Note: the "people" did not elect the president, the people voted for members of the electoral college (the names of same did not appear on any ballot) who in turn elected the president. That process was established in our original Constitution, and like it or not, that is the way every president has been elected. The "people" clearly chose Trump opponent Hillary Clinton. He needs to get over that and move on to do his job.

bigwolf2
January 29th, 2017, 12:06 PM

Well, Saudi Arabia is an ally. Iran, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, etc are not.

Tobyisnotdead
January 29th, 2017, 01:39 PM

All of the countries you just said are barred. It's stupid because all of the terrorist attacks on this country in the past 15 years are from US nationals. Trump has already done something unconstitutional by discriminating against people based on their religion. People who have duel citizenship in both countries have been barred from reentering the country. The war on terrorism is a bull shit excuse to destroy Islam in the middle east.

bigwolf2
January 29th, 2017, 06:33 PM
All of the countries you just said are barred. It's stupid because all of the terrorist attacks on this country in the past 15 years are from US nationals. Trump has already done something unconstitutional by discriminating against people based on their religion. People who have duel citizenship in both countries have been barred from reentering the country. The war on terrorism is a bull shit excuse to destroy Islam in the middle east.
Yes, I said this because Trump banned people from countries who are seen as hostile to the U.S. I doubt
Trump would have the guts to ban Saudi citzens.
Yes, I know it's unconstitutional, and I don't support it.

mattsmith48
January 30th, 2017, 12:28 AM

So if you have oil or money, or a piss tape, you have nothing to worry about President Pussy Grabber.

People who have duel citizenship in both countries have been barred from reentering the country.

Actually I think people with american citizenship would be allowed to reenter the country, would make sense because here the federal government said Canadian dual citizens and permanent residents are exempt from the ban

Jinglebottom
January 30th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Thanks for not banning us, I appreciate it. :mrgreen::mrgreen: