PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 24-hour Breakfast Chain

PinkFloyd
January 20th, 2017, 04:01 AM
I want you to imagine this. It's a few years from now. You're 22 years old and just starting adulthood on your own.

You drunkenly stumble out of the back seat of an Uber into a parking lot in the metro area of a major US city, we'll say it's a college town... Madison, Wisconsin. It's a gunmetal grey 2009 Volkswagen Passat with a ding in the right rear door. After giving two crumpled up twenty dollar bills you found somehow stuck to your leg to the driver, you fiddle around with your pants trying to get your phone to check the time. "Where the hell are my pockets?" you ask yourself. "They were just here, and now they're nowhere to be found.." After about fifteen seconds of fiddling, you realize your pockets are missing because aren't wearing pants. You're drunk and you aren't wearing pants. Wonderful. What makes it even worse is that you have no idea where you are. The only source of comfort is a Wells Fargo sign that reads
2:44 AM. At least the clock knows what's going on. You figured that you better be safe, and find somewhere to go into so you aren't laying on the ground. The nearest building to the Wells Fargo bank is a beacon of hope. It's a restaurant that's open 24 hours, and serves primarily breakfast food, but also lunch and dinner food too. The restaurant is ______________.

mike2003
January 20th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Eat n Park!

Abyssal Echo
January 20th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Ihop !

Falcons_11
January 21st, 2017, 10:50 AM
Ihop !

Ditto...IHOP

The Byrd
January 21st, 2017, 10:25 PM
None of these exist in England to my knowledge. I don't even know if breakfast chains are a thing! I do not like England much. We need more food places!!!

PinkFloyd
January 26th, 2017, 11:54 PM
None of these exist in England to my knowledge. I don't even know if breakfast chains are a thing! I do not like England much. We need more food places!!!

I've been to Europe (Germany, Austria, and Italy) and you're right about there being a lack of food places. It was actually kind of nice to not see an Applebees, an Outback Steakhouse, a Red Robin, a Burger King, a Dairy Queen, and a McDonalds within a square mile. It was serene. However, I can see how it would be a nuisance to not have all those places at your disposal. I recommend moving to the US. Living in a place where one can eat Indian food, Mexican food, and Chinese food over the course of an hour is pretty great. just don't get carried away or you'll be the American stereotype :lol:

Ihop !

Maybe I've just had bad luck with Ihop, but I've never really had a good experience at one. I've been to around 10 or 20, (mostly in my state, but also in other parts of the country) and they overcooked my food, it was pricey, and the service was just bad overall.

Amethyst Rose
January 27th, 2017, 12:03 AM
Ihop or Denny's. Any establishment of these two I've been to was good but I'm willing to bet I'd need pants to enter either of them.

everlong
February 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Well fuck me, I haven't been to any of those chains in years. The only local place I know exists for breakfast is a local cafe, and I never go there.

azure moonstone
February 8th, 2017, 10:33 PM
I love going to IHOP :yummy: fluffy pancakes, eggs and bacon

PinkFloyd
February 8th, 2017, 10:54 PM
I love going to IHOP :yummy: fluffy pancakes, eggs and bacon

I've had some pretty bad experiences with IHOP, but one time, they got everything right, and the pancakes were absolutely amazing.

Waffle houses look a bit sketch from the outside, Dennys has good food but honestly; I feel like shit after eating there. iHop though, 5 star dining at its best ;)

I've actually never been to a Waffle House. There aren't any in my state sadly. It's mostly Perkins here. I am in love with Denny's though. It's super cheap, and I don't get sick from eating there like I do at other breakfast places at times.

Well fuck me, I haven't been to any of those chains in years. The only local place I know exists for breakfast is a local cafe, and I never go there.

If the place you're talking about is a single place with no other locations, I bet it's amazing.

Ihop or Denny's. Any establishment of these two I've been to was good but I'm willing to bet I'd need pants to enter either of them.

You would need pants if you were in a respectable part of the country. Businesses in College towns (especially in Wisconsin) are so used to drunk idiots that party 24/7 that they probably wouldn't do anything about it. I was at a Denny's at about 3 AM in northern Minnesota, and three college kids who were clearly plastered stumbled in wearing only boxers and those cheap plastic bead necklaces. The kid who was serving them just sighed and gutted it out :lol:

pjones
February 18th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Ihop

BlackParadePixie
February 23rd, 2017, 06:10 PM
Ihop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara.
February 23rd, 2017, 06:13 PM
Ihop

Dragonmaster69
February 23rd, 2017, 08:06 PM
Deff Ihop then denny's if no Ihope

CosmicNoodle
February 26th, 2017, 07:49 PM
These aren't even a thing in the UK, the country just isn't big enough to justify them (seriously, we're tiny, I took a wrong turn once and legit ended up on the opposite coast of my country by accident)

PinkFloyd
February 28th, 2017, 03:04 PM
These aren't even a thing in the UK, the country just isn't big enough to justify them (seriously, we're tiny, I took a wrong turn once and legit ended up on the opposite coast of my country by accident)

Wow, I never thought about that.. wow. yeah, if you take a wrong turn in the states, you just end up in a different part of whatever armpit of a state you were driving around in :lol:

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 11:05 PM
IHOP hands down

Devinsoccer
March 12th, 2017, 12:21 AM
International House Of Pancakes.

Melodic
March 12th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Before I begin, there's not a Waffle House here in Madison. Which tbh, I'm actually surprised there isn't one.

I'm gonna pick Denny's as the food and service is always great when I go. IHOP is a close second. I won't step into a Perkins because I've heard the service is terrible.

PinkFloyd
March 16th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Before I begin, there's not a Waffle House here in Madison. Which tbh, I'm actually surprised there isn't one.

I'm gonna pick Denny's as the food and service is always great when I go. IHOP is a close second. I won't step into a Perkins because I've heard the service is terrible.

I'm not sure if you've been to it, but in Wisconsin Dells, there's a Denny's that's amazing. It's all very fifties-esque and the service is great. It's what made me fall in love with Denny's. I couldn't find a picture of the inside, but the outside speaks for its self.

http://i.imgur.com/Z5JATEi.jpg

eric2001
March 16th, 2017, 02:39 PM
IHOP of course.

Cognizant
April 19th, 2017, 04:53 AM
They all suck and give me horrible indigestion, but my family is the landlord for an IHOP franchise. So naturally, I have to say...

Denny's :P

KatieCO2003
April 19th, 2017, 10:12 PM
No chain restaurants up here, but there is a 24-hour breakfast place in a town on the other side of the pass. They have a contract with the Union Pacific railroad and have to stay open for the train crews. ....ok, now I want pancakes.

hammer2
April 20th, 2017, 03:32 AM
Dennys!