PDA

View Full Version : Questioning

Discover
January 17th, 2017, 07:03 AM
So, recently I started to like guys ( I'm a guy myself), but I also think that I might like both guys and girls. Do I have to say this to my parents ext.? Because the other day I lunched with a guy and I told my mom about it and I said like 'maybe we'll date or maybe not. we'll see'. She didn't really seem to think much about it but now I'm confused. because what If I start to like girls in the future?

This might sound really weird but I keep thinking about this stuff. Do you have any advise? Thanks in advance :)

ska8er
January 17th, 2017, 09:17 AM
There is no reason u have to tell ur parents
anything unless they sense something and
u want to make things clear but there isn't
anything wrong in liking both guys and girls
and thinking what if. I would say whoever u
fall in love with first is at that time ur main
crush and then if that doesn't work out u
try to find someone else. In time hopefully
deep inside u will know how u really feel
about who to love-u just don't cheat on
anyone and hurt them.

Harrier
January 17th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Well I would usually say you don't have to tell your parents ANYTHING you don't want to. Especially things you are questioning and still haven't figured out! HOWEVER you sorta dropped a bomb on your mom by telling her you might date a guy. I'm surprised she didn't say anything at the time. Maybe she was too shocked or maybe she had a motherly feeling that you were gay/bi. While you don't HAVE to say anything to her. You may want to do her a favor and rest her mind and tell her what you are feeling about your sexuality.

Just JT
January 17th, 2017, 11:31 PM
I think you did fine. Don't see a need to say anything. Mom didn't seem phased by it did she. Reality is there's no reason anyone needs to profess their sexual orientation is there? Everyone always assumes everyone's straight unless told/discovered/suspected otherwise. Gomwith what you feel is good right and just for you. If later you fall for a girl then cool. Then a guy, that's cool to. It makes no difference, let people wonder and keep them thinking and give them something to talk about

I'm mom and dad wana know or something they'll either ask or open the door for you like you already did for yourself. Just roll withnit and have a blast bro

jamie_n5
January 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM
You need not tell anyone about your feelings. Especially when you are not sure in your own mind what your are sexual orientation wise. You may very well be Bi so give yourself time and figure things out.

pconnor
January 21st, 2017, 09:19 PM
Tell or don't tell when and if you are ready.

Jordanchill
January 27th, 2017, 01:53 AM
If you feel comfortable with telling your parents who and what you like, go for it. The only reason to avoid telling them is if they would go as far as kicking you out of your house because they do not except you. Just because they are your parents does not mean you have to tell them anything. If you find yourself really liking a guy, introduce him to your parents just like you would a girl that you are dating.