PDA

View Full Version : Acid

BeamerBoy
January 16th, 2017, 11:29 PM
I took my first tab of acid at a basement show last summer and it felt amazing. I take it every other day now and do tons of it shows with my friends. I've never had a bad trip but my friends say I need to stop or at least take a break. Are there any real health risks from acid?

Collinsworthington
January 17th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Not that i've felt or heard of... i mean, you're probably killing brain cells, but there are no physical harmful effects.

bentheplayer
January 17th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Here is what I found in a internal med medical text used by most doctors in USA.

LSD is a very potent hallucinogen; oral doses as low as 20 μg may induce profound psychological and physiologic effects. Tachycardia, hypertension, pupillary dilation, tremor, and hyperpyrexia occur within minutes following oral administration of 0.5–2 μg/kg. A variety of bizarre and often conflicting perceptual and mood changes, including visual illusions, synesthesias, and extreme lability of mood, usually occur within 30 min after LSD intake. These effects of LSD may persist for 12–18 h, even though the half-life of the drug is only 3 h.

The most frequent acute medical emergency associated with LSD use is a panic episode (the “bad trip”), which may persist up to 24 h. Management of this problem is best accomplished by supportive reassurance (“talking down”) and, if necessary, administration of small doses of anxiolytic drugs. Adverse consequences of chronic LSD use include an enhanced risk for schizophreniform psychosis and derangements in memory function, problem solving, and abstract thinking. Treatment of these disorders is best carried out in specialized psychiatric facilities.

Tolerance develops rapidly for LSD-induced changes in psychological function when the drug is used one or more times per day for >4 days. Abrupt abstinence following continued use does not produce withdrawal signs or symptoms. There have been no clinical reports of death caused by the direct effects of LSD.

Human
January 19th, 2017, 02:04 AM
Try to cut down your use slowly. Try taking it half as often, then half as often as that. Acid is a safe drug when used in moderation but not every other day.

Michael75
February 27th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I've no idea how you're taking it every other day, sure the tolerance building is mad on acid. You'd need to be nearly double dosing each time you take it haha. I'd definitely cut down!

Babs
February 27th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Acid isn't something you want to do more than once every couple of months tops. I've met a dude who is in some bs hippie phase so he never wears shoes and drops way too much acid. His brain is fried and he always goes on about how scientology is misunderstood. You oughta cut back.

EvaNL
March 6th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Are there any real health risks from acid?

Yes, ask your doctor about them. And read up on the multitude of websites on drugs.