PDA

View Full Version : Unfriending

Xman31
January 16th, 2017, 11:38 AM
So I'm at a new school, and things started out great for me. BUT my current best friend is an asshole. Im THE kind one and he's the asshole. SOMEHOW we became best friends, things evened out and we like hanging out. BUT there's this guy at my new school who I became friends with. AT first i like him, enjoyed hanging out and playin music with him. BUT lately he's been calling me his best friend. I let it slide a couple times but he uses it pretty often now. I AM NOT BEST FRIENDS WITH HIM. BUT I don't wanna tell him that, tbh I don't rly wanna be that much of friends. ITS THE standard that he has to be an asshole that's stopping me from liking him. Honestly I wanna play in the music room with him but I don't wanna be his friend anymore. BUT the thing is, he only has 2 other friends.... He's too boring for my taste unfortunately. I asked another friend of mine and she said to let us drift apart. BUT I don't think that's a great solution.... I want a best friend like my current one. However, TERM 2 just started and a new kid joined. I was his buddy, showed him around taught him basics. THEN we started hanging out, ever since then Adi (THE "best friend") HAS been bugging into our conversations. He's just being annoying. I know he's jealous of me hanging out with the new kid. I hate people who get jealous just because they're not hanging out with THEM. The same friend who told me to drift apart was his crush and me and her talk ALOT. I have a GF so I don't have a crush on her but ADI is jealous and likes to take my phone and scroll through my whatsapp chats. I really don't wanna be friends with him anymore, but I don't wanna tell him that. He's lonely and I think he's depressed. HIS crush has denied him 3 times and he's been talking about going to a new school and getting a fresh start. THESE are my circumstances. Any suggestions on how to let him down easy? SORRY for the long post, here's a potato. OH WAIT this isn't 9gag....

LRSSS02
January 16th, 2017, 11:42 AM
If you don't like what he does tell him, if he doesn't try to be nicer don't be friends with him anymore

Just JT
January 16th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I think it's ok if he considers you HIS best friend. That does not mean HE need to be YOUR best friend

jamie_n5
January 21st, 2017, 09:02 PM
Well first you should not allow him to have your phone and tell him that he has no business looking at it. You could still treat him as a friend if you are worried about him. If he is annoying you and making you uncomfortable then I think you need to tell him the truth and tell him that you are through hanging out with him. If you think that there is some way you can work things out with him by talking to him and working with him to change his ways of acting towards you then take that approach. You figure out what is best for you and do it.