PDA

View Full Version : Media BTEC help

BillyyB
January 15th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Basically part of our media BTEC us to go infront of the class and deliver a pitch on why our "chosen product" should be funded (its all a play along, but the exam, board want it like this and recorded) but there's one problem, I get so anxious talking in front of a class (bearing in mind there is 25 people in my media class) and so I'm obviously bricking it, I dunno what to do because the fact that I'd have to stand there, answer questions and deliver a pitch is terrifying tbh.

Anyone know what I could do?

Endeavour
January 15th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Ah right, we had to do something like this for our English Language GCSE. One of the biggest things I'd recommend is use flashcards. Don't write exactly what you're going to say, but rather words that help you remember what to say, if that makes sense. If you forget what you're going to say, then don't panic. Take a deep breath, have a look at your flashcards, and I'm sure you'll be fine. This may also sound a little stupid, but it worked for me: what I did is just practice with myself in my room, then I practiced with my mom listening. This could help you build up your confidence before you have to present in front of your class. Another thing that helped me is to talk with your teacher. If you explain that you're worried, they'll help you. My teacher offered me the chance to do it just in front of her and a few friends, this might be beneficial to you if it's the size of the class that's worrying you. One of the biggest mistakes I made after my speech was to worry too much about it afterwards. After you've done, clear your mind. Don't dwell on your mistakes, it will only make things worse. I had to learn this the hard way.

I hope this helps you in some way, and good luck in your speech! :)

devotionnel
January 15th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Lost Horizon couldn't have said it better here. The only thing I would add is if you mess up on the speech, just carry on with confidence as if it didn't happen - after all, only you know your speech :)

Be sure to use the flashcards for prompt words only so it will be more personalised and fluid rather than just reading off of the flashcards. Or you can write a short summary and expand off of each point you make. :)

BillyyB
January 15th, 2017, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Lost Horizon;3480184] My teacher offered me the chance to do it just in front of her and a few friends,

yea, i emailed my teacher on friday to ask if I could to this but he hasn't replied (obviously cause its the weekend) so hopefully he'll reply tomorrow in the morning.

Thanks !:)

The Byrd
January 16th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Well that's just terrific because I do BTEC media. I had to do my presentation last year on an educational app that I had to design and stuff so I guess our teachers chose different units. I can't really add much to what's been said above but just don't worry about it. If it's any reassurance, I did mine in front of a class of like twenty people. Half of them are "the cool kids" so to speak, and the other half were my friends. The truth is, none of them care. Just learn some of your points, prepare something like a PowerPoint to aid you, and match the points up to a slide. Just learn the general idea of them though and don't read anything word for word. Message me or something if you need anything else. Good luck!