PDA

View Full Version : Coming out as bisexual

gourmet
January 10th, 2017, 06:07 PM
I need some info regarding coming out. I've known for years that I'm not "entirely" straight, and for a few months, to a year, I've known for sure that I am bisexual. I'm at a point in life where I can with certainty accept what I am, but I need some tips regarding coming out. What's worse is that I don't even know if it even is the right time for me to do it. The area where I live is not exactly open to LGBT individuals. I don't know how my family would react, as they've never discussed sexuality openly with me. I can't confide to siblings due to their age and I don't know how my friends would react. I even feel that hiding this, I'm in a way dishonest to everyone and acting in a way that isn't me. Also, I feel that it could change my life for worse, because except for this problem, I am incredibly happy with everything happening in my life. If you could just point me in the right direction, I would be really grateful. :)

Kyle37
January 10th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Is there even really a point to coming out, or do you just want to put attention on yourself? Something to think about.

Maybe if you want to get into a relationship with a guy that you know, then come out, but why even at this point?

ska8er
January 10th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Only u know urself if it is the right time
to come out but u have doubts concerning
ur siblings-friends-and ur surroundings. I
don't know how old r u but if u just started
puberty I don't think it would b a wise thing
to do at this time. If u r older u have more
freedom to b urself but u say it might change
ur life for worse-u have to talk this out with
urself before u make any decision. Once u turn
18 and ur free to b on ur own and away from
home then I think it would b wise to come out
and having not to worry bout being dishonest
to urself or anyone else.

Bull
January 10th, 2017, 08:47 PM
don't over think this. once you are in a same gender relationship people will figure it out. no need to make an announcement. you may be amazed how accepting people can be

Vegas2933
January 11th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I'm bi as well but I don't think I'm out. Just ease them into it!

jamie_n5
January 13th, 2017, 03:36 PM
There is nothing really wrong with you waiting a while. You need to make sure that you are confident and all right with it and feel in your heart that it's the right time to come out. Don't worry and be in a rush.

ChrisM98
March 27th, 2017, 08:47 PM
I am Bi, but haven't told my parents yet

bigwolf2
March 29th, 2017, 05:12 AM
I think you might have to wait a while. But if you really do want to come out, start to try to discuss sexuality with your parents. If they seem to be fairly tolerant, I think you can come out to them. If they not, I think you would have to wait.

romes3
March 29th, 2017, 10:40 PM
I think you might have to wait a while. But if you really do want to come out, start to try to discuss sexuality with your parents. If they seem to be fairly tolerant, I think you can come out to them. If they not, I think you would have to wait.

I agree. It really is okay to wait, just be true to yourself.