PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Body

Rhys2001
January 9th, 2017, 04:33 PM
So, I titled this post like so because I myself am a 'martial artist' lol. I am 15, a 1st dan black belt in karate, and have been doing for 10 yrs. As it's 2017, I really want to, if possible, fine tune myself to be in the best shape - for this specific ninja build - as possible. I'm already decently flexible and can just about do a forward split however I am more anxious to tone my body. E.g. Better abs. At the moment I'm not fat, and I can feel the upper ab muscles under the skin/fat layer, but I would really like to improve this. And my arms and shoulders in the same respect.
My goal isn't to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger but I am sure you know what I'm getting at lol.
I'd be really grateful if anyone could suggest specific exercises for these requirements....
Thanks!

Drewboyy
February 12th, 2017, 08:28 PM
I've been doing karate for about 6 years now and I'm pretty happy with my build when I spar. A strong core came naturally since I'm always hit there but I got the fat away/ keeping it away by doing cardio really (running and swimming).
Pushups and pullups together are the easiest way to tone shoulders.

lemondrop
February 17th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Sliced abs doesn't mean anything... Ofc people find that muscle group attractive tho. Do some weight training in 6 months you can achieve a nice physique.

Harrier
February 19th, 2017, 09:35 PM
I would suggest you ask your martial arts instructor. Besides that do things crossfit and American Ninja Warriors do ... Rope swings, climbing walls, etc ... Stuff that you "do" not that you lift.