PDA

View Full Version : I think my friend is gay

datboijoey
January 8th, 2017, 05:52 PM
How do I help my friend come out? I really think he is gay but coming out is a personal thing, and I don't want to make him uncomfortable about it. But I really want him to come out because we could be gay besties.

ska8er
January 8th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Does he want to come out or do u want
him to come out? Ur right its a personal
thing. First don't pressure him if he has
doubts. If he wants to come out just b
there for him in case things don't turn
out the way he expects it.

AceOfHearts
January 8th, 2017, 11:38 PM
You can't force it onto him, if he is happy coming out he will. Approach him about it? But don't push him or that might make him even more worried to come out

datboijoey
January 9th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Does he want to come out or do u want
him to come out? Ur right its a personal
thing. First don't pressure him if he has
doubts. If he wants to come out just b
there for him in case things don't turn
out the way he expects it.

You can't force it onto him, if he is happy coming out he will. Approach him about it? But don't push him or that might make him even more worried to come out

I know I don't want to force him to. Nobody forced me to really. I just want him to because I want a gay bestie I can talk to.

Just JT
January 9th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Then what your saying is you want yiur friend to say he's gay for what you want

He may be gay and he may not. Either way he's your best. So just accept him for that and leave it alone. If he's gay and wants to tell you he will when he's ready. If younforce it you'll loose on both venues

loki2000
January 9th, 2017, 06:44 AM
If your the one that wants him to come out..Let him do that on his own..that`s his decision if he wants to do that... Don`t pressure him ! Just keep being his good close friend..things may lead into other areas for you two .

zack.zack
January 9th, 2017, 10:11 AM
I know I don't want to force him to. Nobody forced me to really. I just want him to because I want a gay bestie I can talk to.

Does he really need to come out for you to be able to talk to him about stuff like you would a gay bestie? Let him do it on his own time, be there for him, and just treat him like you would the best friend he is already. If hes your best friend, then you should be able to talk to him about anything and everything whether he comes out or not.

datboijoey
January 9th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Does he really need to come out for you to be able to talk to him about stuff like you would a gay bestie? Let him do it on his own time, be there for him, and just treat him like you would the best friend he is already. If hes your best friend, then you should be able to talk to him about anything and everything whether he comes out or not.

I do that kind of. When I do bring up gay stuff I'm not trying to be sexual with him. I talk about cute boys or whatever. He's really nervous about it, but sometimes he talks to me anyway. Maybe he's worried I'm trying to hook up with him even tho I'm not trying to.

The Byrd
January 9th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna go against what most other people have said (because I'm that guy.) If I were you, (assuming that he knows you're gay) I'd just bring it up when you're looking for conversation. If he says yes, great! If he says no, just accept it and move on... Surely that wouldn't be too awkward. What's the worst that can happen?

maxbaker2002
January 10th, 2017, 05:58 AM
Problem associated with "coming out" is you stand a risk of getting bullied. It's stupid, I know, because there's nothing wrong with being gay but that's how it is. And that's why lots of gay people are afraid to come out. Tell him to come out to his closest friends and family first, as they're more likely to support him.

zack.zack
January 10th, 2017, 01:55 PM
I do that kind of. When I do bring up gay stuff I'm not trying to be sexual with him. I talk about cute boys or whatever. He's really nervous about it, but sometimes he talks to me anyway. Maybe he's worried I'm trying to hook up with him even tho I'm not trying to.

reassure him that you value him as a best friend and that you would never do anything to jeopardize that. Maybe that will put him at ease a little.

army martin
January 10th, 2017, 03:16 PM
All you can do is be supportive. He has to do it when he's ready. Don't try to force it.

datboijoey
January 10th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I'm gonna go against what most other people have said (because I'm that guy.) If I were you, (assuming that he knows you're gay) I'd just bring it up when you're looking for conversation. If he says yes, great! If he says no, just accept it and move on... Surely that wouldn't be too awkward. What's the worst that can happen?

One of my friends asked me. I think she knew I wanted to say it that's why she asked me. It got easier after the first time.

SethfromMI
January 10th, 2017, 10:47 PM
I mean you could casually bring up the general topic in conversation, but dude, if he doesn't want to come out, even if he is your best friend, you should not put him in that position. he will come out when and even if he wants to

datboijoey
January 10th, 2017, 10:51 PM
I mean you could casually bring up the general topic in conversation, but dude, if he doesn't want to come out, even if he is your best friend, you should not put him in that position. he will come out when and even if he wants to

I know I know. I don't want to force him. I want to know how to talk to him. I want him to tell me but only if he's really ready.