PDA

View Full Version : Infection?

Phosphene
January 5th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I got my ears pierced less than a week ago. My right ear lobe has become slightly swollen and warm, and for days it's been more sensitive than my left one. Any time I've gotten my ears pierced, I experience more discomfort on that side. My mom saw it after school and said, "It looks like it could be infected." I clean them with the antiseptic treatment I was given 3 times a day and twist them so they won't get stuck. While doing this my hands are always clean.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Do you think it could be an infection, or simply my body getting used to another foreign object being there (as I said before, that side tends to be more sensitive)?

Artic
January 6th, 2017, 02:01 AM
My ear were the same after i got them pierced, they were sore and discharge came out went away on its own after a couple weeks

Dalcourt
January 7th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Sounds like it could be infected a little. I sometimes get that, too even though my piercing was back a couple of years ago. Sometimes the earlobe on my right side just gets kinda hot and all...in my case it's an allergic reaction. If you keep your earlobe clean I don't think it's something to worry about.

bentheplayer
January 8th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Yea. Its probably inflamed. As long as you keep it clean it should most likely resolve. If you get a fever or it doesn't go away its probably time to see a doc.

Phosphene
January 8th, 2017, 10:43 PM
It's improved a lot in the past few days. It's not warm anymore, and the swelling and soreness have decreased greatly. Thanks for your replies, much appreciated :)

army martin
January 10th, 2017, 03:35 PM
It could be infected I'm most concerned with you saying it's warm to the touch. Is there any discharge and is the area red or does it have red streaks leading to it?

jamie_n5
January 21st, 2017, 09:18 PM
I am so glad that you are doing better.