PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy weight loss goal?

Pulse
January 4th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick question, do you think it's possible/healthy to lose 40 kg by next Christmas?

Straya
January 5th, 2017, 05:28 AM
its definitely possible and there are healthy ways to do it. what i did is cut down on the size of my meals and walked everyday no matter what the weather is. just starting at walking 2ks a day till you find that easy to do then slowly increasing the distance and the weight will start melting off you and youll be doing it a healthy way. i started just walking 2ks a day and now i can at a push get to 25 but comfortably 18-20ks no problem.

AdamDS
January 5th, 2017, 06:09 AM
It depends on how you go about it but it's definitely possible and healthy. Losing 40kg is also my goal. I've been dieting and exercising for roughly the past 3.5 - 4 months now and I've lost about 22 kg. The first couple months I was experimenting with various diets and exercise routines and for the last couple months I've been sticking to one that works for me.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible, you just need to find the right way to do it.

Pulse
January 5th, 2017, 10:30 AM
It depends on how you go about it but it's definitely possible and healthy. Losing 40kg is also my goal. I've been dieting and exercising for roughly the past 3.5 - 4 months now and I've lost about 22 kg. The first couple months I was experimenting with various diets and exercise routines and for the last couple months I've been sticking to one that works for me.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible, you just need to find the right way to do it.

I've always found it hard to lose weight and when I asked family about my goal they said it was unhealthy of me to do it and that I couldn't do it, but I'm getting sick of the limitations now 😂

its definitely possible and there are healthy ways to do it. what i did is cut down on the size of my meals and walked everyday no matter what the weather is. just starting at walking 2ks a day till you find that easy to do then slowly increasing the distance and the weight will start melting off you and youll be doing it a healthy way. i started just walking 2ks a day and now i can at a push get to 25 but comfortably 18-20ks no problem.

That's for the advice man, I'll give it a go, I'm used to driving everywhere 😂

Posts merged, please use the multiquote tool in future. ~Lost Horizon

AdamDS
January 5th, 2017, 10:59 AM
I've always found it hard to lose weight and when I asked family about my goal they said it was unhealthy of me to do it and that I couldn't do it, but I'm getting sick of the limitations now 😂

You can certainly do it. It depends on how hard you work at it but 40 kgs in a year is definitely doable. To be honest losing weight in general is a big accomplishment. No matter what, if you work on it hard enough, by the end of the year you'll be happy with the results, I'm sure.

jamie_n5
January 5th, 2017, 05:19 PM
How overweight are you by medical definition? How much would they think you should loose? That would make a big difference in the healthy amount to loose. I think that you can achieve your goal if you eat smaller portions and get decent exercise that you will make your goal. It take a lot of determination and self control but I am sure that you can do it.

Jinglebottom
January 5th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Lol, if I lost that amount I would weigh 4 kg. :D

Contraman
January 9th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Depends on your starting weight, but in general I'd say yeah, that's definitely healthy and doable. If you need any advice or anything, I can probably help with that too if you ever want it.

army martin
January 10th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Yes it is possible to do just make sure you do it in a healthy way. Diet combined with exercise. Don't starve yourself.