PDA

View Full Version : What should I dye my hair to?

AceOfHearts
January 2nd, 2017, 03:17 AM
My hair is really red (see avatar) and I originally wanted to get it dyed silver but my friend told me that it would just go blonde or possibly peach colored and I don't want that, so, what does everyone here think? I want an out there color. I was thinking electric blue or purple? Anyway, thanks for your input :)

devotionnel
January 2nd, 2017, 03:59 AM
Unless you're ready for the megamassive upkeep of silver hair, I really wouldn't go for it. For your natural hair, it would take at least 1 or even 2 bleaching sessions first before even considering the silver dye. It can fade really quickly too, depending on how you care for it so you would be regularly redying it which can be expensive and damage your hair.

For your hair type, I would possibly go for a really dark blue or a dark green. I can imagine that darker colours are less upkeep than lighter/pastel colours, depending on what you're looking for.

AceOfHearts
January 2nd, 2017, 07:23 PM
Unless you're ready for the megamassive upkeep of silver hair, I really wouldn't go for it. For your natural hair, it would take at least 1 or even 2 bleaching sessions first before even considering the silver dye. It can fade really quickly too, depending on how you care for it so you would be regularly redying it which can be expensive and damage your hair.

For your hair type, I would possibly go for a really dark blue or a dark green. I can imagine that darker colours are less upkeep than lighter/pastel colours, depending on what you're looking for.

I was thinking purple? do you think that would be alright?

devotionnel
January 3rd, 2017, 04:00 AM
What kind of shade? Light or dark? Or vibrant purple?

Just JT
January 3rd, 2017, 04:30 AM
I like dark hair with like a blue tint to it. Thought that a
Ways looked cool and sexy

PunkModRevial
January 3rd, 2017, 11:57 PM
My hair is really red (see avatar) and I originally wanted to get it dyed silver but my friend told me that it would just go blonde or possibly peach colored and I don't want that, so, what does everyone here think? I want an out there color. I was thinking electric blue or purple? Anyway, thanks for your input :)
Speaking from experience(I've been dyeing my hair since I was 12, and had silver hair last year. Currently it's pastel pink, if you're wondering.) you're gonna need to bleach the hell out of your hair before you can get any vibrant color. When I had silver hair it lasted a 1.5-2 months, and it faded to a lighter and lighter grey until it just became the white blonde of my bleached hair again.
Hot Topic sells a bunch of hair dyes varying quality, as do Target, Walgreens, Sally Beauty, etc. If I were you I'd get your hair professionally bleached so you don't accidentally damage it.
If you want it to stay silver(or whatever color you can buy shampoo and conditioner made specifically for dyed hair, which'll help it last longer. Another thing that helps is to take slightly colder baths and showers because hot water makes the dye come out quicker.
After you get it done don't shampoo or condition your hair so the color can set. If you don't like a color just wash your hair every day until it comes out and you can start over. :)

AceOfHearts
January 3rd, 2017, 11:58 PM
I like dark hair with like a blue tint to it. Thought that a
Ways looked cool and sexy

Thanks for your input. I'm getting it done tomorrow purple, But I'll keep that in mind the next time I want to get my hair done XD

What kind of shade? Light or dark? Or vibrant purple?

Dark purple. That's what I'm going for anyway, I'll post a picture in this group of what my hair looks like in a day or two after its done :D

Just JT
January 4th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Cool. Tag me when you post it so I don't miss it

devotionnel
January 4th, 2017, 05:20 AM
Ditto. Be sure to mention me :D

KingdomHearts
January 6th, 2017, 01:01 AM

Do a bright, vibrant green ;)

AceOfHearts
January 7th, 2017, 05:03 AM
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/album.php?albumid=8072

There is the album for you guys to check out the hair! They're bad pics but they're all I've got and it's too dark to take another pic.

Ditto. Be sure to mention me :D

Cool. Tag me when you post it so I don't miss it

Do a bright, vibrant green ;)

Just JT
January 7th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Looks cool, I like it