PDA

View Full Version : What does bi-curious mean?

DocMcLovins
December 31st, 2016, 07:15 PM
I always thought bi-curious meant that you were probably bi but didn't know until you had sex with both boys and girls. Now people are saying that I might be either straight or bi-curious based on a post I made saying I admitted to liking seeing classmates showering naked. I am sorta confused by the definition. More than I am with my own sexuality now (I think I may have figured that out thanks to people here).

AceOfHearts
January 1st, 2017, 03:03 AM
All bi-curious is that you're curious about the thought of being bisexual. Maybe you want to explore your sexuality so you label yourself as bi-curious so that people know that although you may not be necessarily attracted to the opposite gender yet, you wouldn't straight up say no if they asked you out.

Did that make sense? I hope it helped.

newyorker
January 2nd, 2017, 02:21 AM
Yeah it's kinda the same as saying straight/curious you're not sure yet you're still figuring it out

Emilyyy
January 2nd, 2017, 06:09 AM
To me bi-curious means you have until recently assumed you were straight or at least identified as straight but you have been getting thoughts/urges/ideas about the same gender. You;re not yet ready to identify as full bi but you'd maybe like to experiment kinda thing.

KBar33
January 2nd, 2017, 03:53 PM
I was closeted Bi-Curious for a while actually, until last year (2016 woot woot) when I finally came to a conclusion on who I was and came out as Bi. And it basically just means that you are curious about being bisexual. It's an odd place to be for sure as you are somewhat forced by other people to "pick a side" or maybe you yourself are trying to figure things out as soon as possible. You can be straight and Bi-Curious at the same time, you could be gay and bi-curious too. It's simply you wondering whether or not you are attracted to both sexes. So a guy who was straight his whole life but recently started liking guys as well as girls is still straight, but just curious about being bi potentially. Vice versa for girls.

jamie_n5
January 2nd, 2017, 04:49 PM
I think the term curious would fit you better. Unless you indeed want to have sex with an other guy then you would be Bi. I think most all guys are curious and like to see other guys junk out of curiosity and to compare. I wouldn't worry about it if all you like to do is look. You are straight man. I don't like using the term Bi curious because I don't see it being a correct definition. You are either Straight, Bi , Gay or Transgender. I believe those are the best terms alone and everyone is somewhat curious.

Straya
January 5th, 2017, 05:22 AM
to me been bi curious means that if the opportunity came up you wouldnt say no and that you think about doing things with the same sex but you dont actively seek to do it

Just JT
January 5th, 2017, 05:29 AM
To me, the focus is on the word "curious". Being "bi" infers interested or liking boys and girls in that way. The curious side I think is when your not sure yet and either trying it out like a test drive a few times or just wondering about what it's like. Until you decide

But a little off topic, I wouldn't get your boxers in a twist about what other people think about your sexuality or what they think about what sexuality is. You are the only one who is able to know, figure out, discover or proclaim it to the world if you choose. Although other people's opinion may help you figure that out, be open to how you define yourself when you are ready for that....

Hermes
January 9th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't get too worried about labels.

To me, someone who is Bi would have enough of an attraction to both sexes that he would be open to having a sexual and romantic relationship with either sex. That doesn't mean being attracted to them equally, though.

So, if you are mostly attracted to girls and it seems pretty certain that a long term sexual and romantic partner would be with a girl, but you acknowledge some attraction to guys too and possibly would be open to some fun if the right opportunity came about then your clearly not at the 100% straight end of the scale but don't quite fit what I suggested was bi. There seem to be a number of labels people who match this description apply to themselves and I think bi-curious is one of them.

Personally, I would not worry too much about labels. What I described above as an orientation seems reasonably common these days. YouGov did a survey (https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/08/16/half-young-not-heterosexual/) and found 1 in 2 young people with it.

scott2002
February 16th, 2017, 03:23 PM
To me bi-curious means you have until recently assumed you were straight or at least identified as straight but you have been getting thoughts/urges/ideas about the same gender. You;re not yet ready to identify as full bi but you'd maybe like to experiment kinda thing.

I agree with this 100%. I've always considered myself to be 100% straight even though I've messed around with boys sexually since I was 12. It's just now (9th grade, age 15) that I'm realizing most guys my age seem to be a LOT more sexually attracted to girls that I am right now. So, I now consider myself not straight, but bi-curious.

Miss Ophelia
February 16th, 2017, 05:40 PM

Thats a really good description. :)

DocMcLovins
February 16th, 2017, 08:44 PM
A lot of that makes sense. I'm still trying to figure out the definition for me. But thanks so far. this has helped.