PDA

View Full Version : i can hear my parents having sex at night

mattkirk
December 30th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here, but I'll like to share some of my recent problems. Well it's not really recent one, as it lasts for while but don't know how to handle it. So the thing is that I can hear my parents having a sex at night. Almost every night and sometimes even in the morning, so twice a day. It's not about that I can't sleep as they are definitely waiting for me to fell asleep and at the beginning they are trying to be quiet at least. But then I can hear all these weird noises - especially my mum's and my dad's sometimes too. Probably not necessary to describe it more, huh? :lol:
They're having it for at least half an hour or an hour. Yesterday it was even more I guess. My room is right next to theirs, so can't do anything with that really. We live in an apartment - not a big one, so there isn't enough space to move to - like moving my room somewhere else. And since i'm the only child I'm pretty sure that they would like to have the another child - I even heard them to talk about that few weeks ago... they said something about that over the chit-chat with their friends. So maybe that's the reason why they're trying so hard. Not sure... Is there something I can do? For me it's like so disgusting too and i'll be more than happy if they'll stop doing that completely... but you know.. do you have maybe same experience or what will you do? did you ever hear your parents doing that? :confused:

Fleek
December 30th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Tell them point blank. They won't continue if they know you're listening. Maybe they'll do it while you're at school.

Try using ear buds.

DocMcLovins
December 30th, 2016, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't want to have that talk with my parents. Ear buds or ear plugs imo. My mom is single and me and her and 3 sisters live in 3 bedroom apt so when a guy stays the night we hear. But it almost never ever happens.

Zachary G
December 30th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I would talk to my parents about it and let them know that their night time events are making it hard for you to get sleep at night. It might be a little embarrassing, but I am sure once they get the point of what you are saying, they might change their practices. You can only try.

Dalcourt
December 31st, 2016, 12:15 AM
I usually listen to music using earbuds.
You can try to talk to them sure and I did so on occasions, too. But honestly they have the right to have sex whenever they want, have time or are in the mood for it. You wouldn't want to ask another persons permission either...so it live and let live here in my opinion and apart from that it's something completely natural they also did to bring you in the world.

mattkirk
December 31st, 2016, 05:02 AM
Thx guys. Honestly, I think they know I can hear them. Few months ago when I was extremely tired I just mentioned something like 'I didn't sleep well as I heard some weird noises etc...' but mum just said that it's okay or something like that... (can't remember exact words) then it was a bit quiet for a while and after a few weeks it happened again and again... And now it's like almost on a daily basis or so... tbh i think they are trying to be quiet at the beginning at least but after a while I can hear almost everything... and it takes like 30-60 mins I think. My dad is also a bit loud sometimes... not just my mum. But it seems that she really enjoys it hah Anyway it's soo disgusting and creepy...
Maybe worth to mention that they want at least one more child I think... Mum mentioned that to her friend few months ago... So this could be the reasons why it's almost everyday?
So you think I should take it as it is?

I usually listen to music using earbuds.
You can try to talk to them sure and I did so on occasions, too. But honestly they have the right to have sex whenever they want, have time or are in the mood for it. You wouldn't want to ask another persons permission either...so it live and let live here in my opinion and apart from that it's something completely natural they also did to bring you in the world.

Yeah maybe you're right... I think it's their right to do that. but you know it happens so often... like twice a day sometimes... they really enjoy it. Sometimes I can hear even weirder noises, even if I don't want to... it's a bit scary... So I have no choice just to get use to it... btw i'm using earbuds from time to time but then i'm removing it as I don't like to sleep with that in my ears... :what:

Posts merged. Please use the edit function next time. ~Lost Horizon

Dalcourt
December 31st, 2016, 07:14 AM
Yeah maybe you're right... I think it's their right to do that. but you know it happens so often... like twice a day sometimes... they really enjoy it. Sometimes I can hear even weirder noises, even if I don't want to... it's a bit scary... So I have no choice just to get use to it... btw i'm using earbuds from time to time but then i'm removing it as I don't like to sleep with that in my ears... :what:

lol, yeah...I fall asleep with my earbuds in quite often it's not the most comfortable thing. well, maybe your parents really work on a sibling for you or they are just really happy with each other atm...if it really bugs you and all I'd talk to them about it.

mattkirk
December 31st, 2016, 10:34 AM
lol, yeah...I fall asleep with my earbuds in quite often it's not the most comfortable thing. well, maybe your parents really work on a sibling for you or they are just really happy with each other atm...if it really bugs you and all I'd talk to them about it.

Yeah I think so :( they really enjoy it from what i can hear... lol Anyway I'm a bit shy to talk to them about that or even mention that and it won't help either tbh... they'll do it no matter what I'm afraid. They're quite busy, so that's the only time they have to do it - early morning and night. And I don't think that they'll wait till like midnight or so to be sure that i fell asleep... So maybe i have to get use to it only... :what: but it's soo yuck yuck...

Fleek
December 31st, 2016, 12:12 PM
I Know! Get Noise Canceling earbuds or an app for your phone! :D Problem Solved!!!

messid
December 31st, 2016, 03:05 PM
This happened to me once or twice, I was too awkward to talk to them about it so I just got some ear plugs, lol. Luckily we moved to a better house. But it sounds like you can't wait for something like that, so definitely talk to them. And buy ear plugs just in case, lol

mattkirk
January 1st, 2017, 03:41 AM
I Know! Get Noise Canceling earbuds or an app for your phone! :D Problem Solved!!!

Yeah I guess this is the only solution for now :confused:

mattkirk
January 1st, 2017, 03:44 AM
This happened to me once or twice, I was too awkward to talk to them about it so I just got some ear plugs, lol. Luckily we moved to a better house. But it sounds like you can't wait for something like that, so definitely talk to them. And buy ear plugs just in case, lol

Exactly.. it's sooo weird to talk to them and I'll rather try to avoid it. but tbh I'm pretty sure they know I can hear them but just don't care that much.. at least at the beginning they're trying to be quiet but in few mins I can hear all movements... even thought they are whispering... :what:

Londongirl01
January 7th, 2017, 12:26 AM
I've had a very similar thing in the past and it was super awkward for me too. Luckily it didn't happen every day and didn't last up to an hour like you mention, so it was easier for me. I'm not sure there is much you can do by the sounds of things- maybe you could make a point of going to the bathroom when they are making their noise, so they can hear that you're awake- it might make them stop of quieten down x

Bob billy
January 7th, 2017, 03:50 AM
It's not a pleasant sound

Just JT
January 7th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Couple thought I have

1). If/when/ however you bring it up innconversation make a joke about it somehow. Maybe they can do it earlier so it won't disturb your sleep. Doesnt help how you feel but, use ear buds
2). When they bring up having another kid, jump in on that conversation, every time. And ask about where the baby will sleep? Are we going to move to a bigger place? Can I be in on making a decision on where we live cause you want more privacy
3). When there done having sex, try masturbating and be as loud as they are. See how they like it. They'll make a comment I'm sure. Then ask them how they like it

tom20012016
January 7th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Maybe u can join them?? HAHahah i think u shouldnt worry about that its completely normal and its great that ur parents have such a intense sexual life hhahahah

Qwertyuiopzxcvbnm
January 7th, 2017, 07:25 PM
I hear my perents doing it as well but sadly i just live with it

Microcosm
January 8th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Man, that's awkward. I've had a similar experience.

One time I was actually sleeping on this couch in my parents' bedroom a long time ago. They have quite a large bedroom as our house is very large so the room was not cramped. Anyways, I told them I wanted to sleep in there for the night because I think I was depressed or something. In the middle of the night, I woke up and my parents were having sex. They were trying to do it silently, but it was weird man. It was dark, but I could make out my mom's outline on top of him. Thinking about it makes me want to puke :puke: just because it's my parents, you know. They must have been certain that I was asleep.

I also hear them doing it sometimes from my room as, like you, I have a room right across from my parents' bedroom. It mostly just weirds me out, but sometimes I'll listen to music to try to drown out the noise.

jamie_n5
January 8th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Well you can't expect your parents to stop having sex. It would be like them telling you that you can't masturbate. Sex is a natural and healthy and very enjoyable thing to do. Maybe try music or something. It's just something you have to live with as awkward as it may be. Maybe if your parents have an other child then you will move to a larger home and the problem will be solved.

Uniquemind
January 9th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I must have a strong emotional dissociation mental capacity.

I've been in this situation once when I was 9 and it doesn't seem to nearly bug me to the same level it does to others on the "cringe" scale.

It's an annoyance sometimes to falling asleep, but it's like as easy as earplugs or headphones to solve.

Noise is noise, and that's all it is.

Just JT
January 9th, 2017, 10:19 AM
I've never thought about my birth parents doing it. But then again why would I lol!! My dad I was ok with, happy for him cause he was with someone

My parents now I think it's kinda cool tbh. I mean there not my birth, but there pretty chill and I love them a lot. And I think it's cool they do it. There not like really old or anything either. So in a weird kinda way, I get a pretty cool image in my head lmao!!!

army martin
January 10th, 2017, 07:05 PM
I would suggest headphones

BlackParadePixie
January 12th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Tell them point blank. They won't continue if they know you're listening. Maybe they'll do it while you're at school.
what? no. why should their loving relationship have to suffer? there are plenty of ways to avoid hearing them without having to ask them to stop.

Try using ear buds.
this is one of them. Get a good quality pair of headphones and just put on some music if you don't want to hear it.

BryGuy
January 13th, 2017, 12:18 AM
I just put in headphones it so no big deal.