PDA

View Full Version : 'Phantom bleeding'

Amethyst Rose
December 29th, 2016, 03:12 PM
During a few days leading up to my period, I experience a feeling like I've already gotten it but there's little or no discharge. Because there's nothing there, I call it 'phantom bleeding'. It happens almost every month and my theory is it's just me being paranoid since I already know it's going to happen soon. I was wondering if any other girls have this?

Barbara.
December 29th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I don't feel any phantom bleeding but my breast do get tender and little sore a day or two before my period starts. It's possible that your body is preparing for your period.

kailynr
January 2nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Yep. Occasionally I'll feel a little twinge on one side or the other (depends on which side I'm ovulating from) and a couple of hours later I'll feel like *something* is going on -- enough that I should check. But nope. It's very odd, and I just think to myself, "look, would you just *start* already?" -exsperated sigh-

ceto2
January 6th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Yep. Occasionally I'll feel a little twinge on one side or the other (depends on which side I'm ovulating from) and a couple of hours later I'll feel like *something* is going on -- enough that I should check. But nope. It's very odd, and I just think to myself, "look, would you just *start* already?" -exsperated sigh-

Interesting. If the twinge was ovulation it should be about 14 days before any discharge.

kailynr
January 6th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Interesting. If the twinge was ovulation it should be about 14 days before any discharge.
You would think so, assuming the discharge is related to my period. That's why it's always struck me as odd, because it's out-of-sync if that's the case. My OB/GYN says it's a mystery to her as well, but that if it gets more pronounced, she'll do a little more investigating.