PDA

View Full Version : My mom is secretly gay?

yuchaechae
December 29th, 2016, 12:27 AM
My mother is gay and she apparently has been for 6-7 years. Not only that but she has been dating someone for the same time. My dad knows and he told me after I suggested the idea to him and talked him into telling me. She doesn't know I know. I hate the fact that she's gay though. Mainly because she's the most negative person I know. I always try to be positive (at least on the outside) just to not be like her. I was considering dyeing my hair a different color so we wouldn't look the same. But the problem is that I also am gay and since she's gay I don't want to marry a girl since even thinking of my current girl crush reminds me of how my mom and her girlfriend are. Also, I don't want to marry a guy either since what happens if in the middle of our relationship I want to date a girl like my mom did. Advice?

EDIT: BTW, nobody knows I'm gay.

ska8er
December 29th, 2016, 06:20 AM
Youre gay and ur Mom is gay and it seems u
resent the fact that she is. She probably is
going through the same kind of feelings that
u have. I say respect the fact that she is the
way she is and it is not going to change any
thing. Ur Dad is the one that might be needing
some support.

jamie_n5
January 2nd, 2017, 05:28 PM
Well I am glad that you and your dad seem to accept your mom. Are your parents still married? I think that your mom is negative because she is very unhappy and all the years she tried fooling herself about being gay. You are born gay you don't just start being gay one day. I sure hope that you don't follow in your moms path. You need to be who you are so don't pretend to be something or someone else. If you do you will end up bitter and unhappy like your mom. I wish you the best of luck.

NewLeafsFan
January 4th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Lets start with the first thing that you need to do. Realize that you are not your mother and you never will be. Dying your hair and trying to act differently than her us a waste of time. You are who you are and your mother us who she is. Focus on how you are different spiritually and mentally. And btw, your mother is hurting herself more than anyone with her negativity. If you end up not being with the girl that will make you happy to not be like your mother than you are only hurting you.

Next, find yourself a friend, cousin, sibling, father, or other person that you are close with that can offer you some support.

Finally have a serious talk with your mother about your relationship with her. Once you are on better terms it will be easier to come out of the closet. When you do I bet she will tell you that she is gay. If she doesnt do nit firce her.

**You might need couselling to help mend you and your mothers relationship. If she wont go with you, try to go without her. Im sure that theres more to the story than her just being a negative person.