PDA

View Full Version : Coming out help

LeiLoMei
December 27th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I need some help to come out to my parents. I identify as a bisexual and I have come out to my close friends, buty parents are in the dark about it.

My father is a Canadian guy, and a cousin of mine on his side had come out as gay and got plenty of family support so I figure he should be ok with it. My mom is a Chinese Malaysian, and she is quite anti LGBT. I fear telling her that I'm bi for that very reason. All my cousins know thay I'm bi, they promise to keep it secret.

My parents only know that I have a girlfriend, and skme close guy friends.

So in short I need some help to come out to my parents that Im bisexual.

kyrocks03
December 27th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I have come out as gay to my parents and it went very well for me. They knew anyway. The real question to ask yourself is what do you hope to gain and why do you think that you need to tell them?

SethTheGreat
December 27th, 2016, 12:27 PM
This would be hard, you know your family and how they would take. I am bi but I am more into guys so I just go along with the being gay, it is easy to tell people that seeing that I really am not wanting a girlfriend. Back to you, I know how big it is to come out, but seeing that you have a girlfriend, do you really have to come out. I know it would get it off your chest, but are you willing to take what comes next? I know that if my family was not open to it, then I might not tell them. This is hard one to answer, but maybe it is one you need to thnk about the most.

mick01
December 27th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Kind of like Seth^^ said, do you really feel like you have to say anything? I'm bi or gay, not sure, so I don't feel like I want to say anything yet. If I end up bi and with a girl, why would anyone need to know that I am bi? And it sounds like your mom wouldn't be too happy. But if you feel you need to get it out, and can live with a poor reaction and attitude from your mom, then I guess you should just get it over with. Or, maybe just tell your dad first and get his help with your mom.

Just JT
December 27th, 2016, 02:06 PM
kyrocks03 I think said it best.
I'll add that society is so stuck on sexual labels to identify sexualties. I think it only confuses us more at times. Everyone always assumes yiur straight till you say otherwise. Seems strange don't it? Seems to me nobody should ever assume what sexuality you are. Especially the ones who love you most.

I'm sure it's hard. I never came out myself, but I also never had to. I just did as I felt and let people figure it out for themselves. In the end it's none of their business. And if they need to ask, then they must be ok enough with the thought that you are or not just by how they might ask. And by then, you wouldn't need to say anything anyways.

Not sure if that helps, just be yourself and don't let other stuff peoples judgements affect how you live you really life. If there against it they'll soon learn that if they don't accept you, they may push you away.

Just be proud of yourself who you are and that you got the guts to live the person you are

And if that don't work fuck them!!!

jamie_n5
January 2nd, 2017, 05:45 PM
It may be hard and it was for me too. My parents completely flipped out when I came out. But with time they finally accepted it. I was the same age as you are when I came out. I really think you need to come out and get it over with so you can go on and live your life and be happy and not worried about it any more and have that burden off your mind. Good Luck.

NewLeafsFan
January 4th, 2017, 05:11 AM
You should talk to your dad. It sounds like he would be really supportive. Maybe after you have his support he could help you talk to your mom.

Some people dont even have one supportive parent. Focus on the fact that you have an accepting dad. Good luck!