View Full Version : Upcoming abortion

December 26th, 2016, 01:29 AM
I'm having my first abortion in three days and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I am looking for someone who can help me know what to expect or answer my questions....btw I'm 17 and about 10 weeks pg

December 26th, 2016, 05:05 AM
That being said, it's a different experience for everyone, it depends on state law, there can be a massive guilt complex for some and for others it doesn't seem to affect them the same emotionally.

I've seen two reactions of friends who got the procedure done.

One had bad emotional withdrawals and depression and guilt, and then later was fine but sometimes wonders what could've been if her BF wasn't such an asshole.

The other girl I know, let's call her K, is someone who I still regard as a friend, but she treats it as a form of birth control (she's had at least 5 abortions), and I can't outwardly see if she's affected by it anymore. She's had a hard life so I don't judge though.

Removed backseat moderating prompt. ~Lost Horizon

December 26th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Relationships and Dating :arrow: VT General Hospital

December 28th, 2016, 01:07 AM
No matter what the person undergoing one believes, it always tough going through an abortion. I've know a few people who have had them.

I honestly commend you for getting one. In my opinion, 17 is no age to have a child. You still need to finish your education and have a long-term carrier. Choosing to not have a child now will very likely be a benefit to you in the long run.

Think about it like that. Positive thinking is key. You need to remember that you're still a child (in the eyes of the law in the US (aka where Illanois is!)) and thus are choosing to accept the fact that you shouldn't try to raise one yourself. Raising a child costs insane amounts of money and it takes a great deal of time.

I will not say there are not amazing teen parents, I've even met a few! However, a lot of teenagers are still not mature enough in one way or another to raise a child of their own, so you simply need think of it like that. You're thinking to your future. You want more opportunities and time that a child would take from you. Someday, you'll be able to have a family. But for now, just think of that as the future, and think of now as a time to get a good job and education.

Hope you don't feel as worried. Always remember, there's a plethora of others who've gone through similar! I can't say I have, but I know some who have (they are doing just fine now!).

January 21st, 2017, 09:21 PM
Well I hope things went well for you. I also hope that you learned from this experience and will get on birth control and or use protection always in the future.

February 26th, 2017, 07:27 AM
i know i'm late to the game but just want to say i hope you are doing well.

i'm sure it has to be a tough choice but i hope you found some genuinely good people to talk to and help you through your decision