PDA

View Full Version : Man Parading An ISIS Flag Films Himself 'Walking Straight Across The German Border'

Kahn
December 25th, 2016, 12:19 AM
A masked man parading an ISIS flag has filmed himself walking straight across the German border as he taunts officials over the non-existent security checks.

The uploader, calling himself Vlad Tapes, said he published the video 'to show how pathetic the border is' between the two countries.

It was posted in the wake of the Berlin terror truck attack, during which the German officials were criticized for allowing killer Anis Amri to roam out of the country undetected.

'A Danish citizen dressed up in Islamic State gear, flag and fake gun to show how pathetic the border is between Germany and Denmark,' the uploader writes.

'We test border controls. Can an Isis terrorist cross the border unnoticed?

'Border controls were non-existent. Do you feel comfortable with our open borders?'

The unverified video shows the border is unmanned as the balaclava-clad man walks slowly through the countryside.

He is holding an Islamic State flag and gestures to fire a gun and slit his throat in the clip.

(Source (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4064256/Stupid-dangerous-Masked-man-parading-SIS-flag-films-walking-straight-German-border-taunts-officials-non-existent-security-checks.html))

---

Thoughts?

Dalcourt
December 25th, 2016, 03:52 AM
To prevent idiots like that I strongly advise building a wall topped with barbed wire and electricity around each and every country in the world and posting snipers on these walls every few hundred feet.

I'd also would want such walls in between the different states here of the US as it really disgusts me when criminals from other states cross state borders to commit there crimes here as it happened several times this year.

By hating at each other like that I'm sure we will eventually get peace on earth.

Kahn
December 25th, 2016, 05:00 AM
To prevent idiots like that I strongly advise building a wall topped with barbed wire and electricity around each and every country in the world and posting snipers on these walls every few hundred feet.

I'd also would want such walls in between the different states here of the US as it really disgusts me when criminals from other states cross state borders to commit there crimes here as it happened several times this year.

By hating at each other like that I'm sure we will eventually get peace on earth.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SV2t29C9Hc4/Udip0f3dFUI/AAAAAAAAAS4/6Kjr827vRPw/s1600/Strawman+playbackups+com.jpg

Porpoise101
December 25th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Real terrorists don't do that. They hide around on the internet, then strike. When they do cross a border, it's as a normal-ish looking person with documents (which seem in order at least).

Kahn
December 26th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Real terrorists don't do that. They hide around on the internet, then strike. When they do cross a border, it's as a normal-ish looking person with documents (which seem in order at least).

Is the open border policy really worth more potential Würzburg-style hatchet sprees (http://www.wsj.com/articles/attack-on-german-train-injures-multiple-people-1468876588), Ansbach-style bombings (http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/world/ansbach-germany-blast/index.html), Berlin Christmas Market-style vehicular slaughter (http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-berlin-suspect-20161223-story.html), Maria Landenburger-style rape/murders (http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/739620/Maria-Ladenburger-murder-EU-official-daughter-killed-by-refugee-Aghan), Cologne-style mass sexual assault (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35241808), and Reutlingen-style machete murder (http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692722/Germany-machete-man-kills-woman)?

Wouldn't more stringent immigrant vetting/quotas reduce the risk of terrorism? Japan, for instance, has received thousands of refugee claims and has only accepted 27 of them. Even by my standards that's strict, but it's worked. Their crime rate has remained static and they deal with no Islamic terrorism.

---

Don't quote me on this, but I think the point of the man's video was to show how laughably nonexistent German border security is. The man did something so blatantly beligerent- walking over a national border whilst dressed as an enemy insurgent, waving the flag of a terrorist organization known to be committing genocide and slavery, that the German government and Europe has denounced as a whole- in an effort to prove that there are no real border checks, at least on the part of the border he lives closest to. If there were even the most minimal border security, he'd at least have been stopped and questioned. There wasn't even that. There were no repurcussions for what he did (at least during the filming of the video). That was the point.

But again, I could be entirely wrong!

Dalcourt
December 26th, 2016, 03:22 AM
So thank God Kahn you don't live in Germany.
I'm sure people in Germany know what they do and if they want a change I'm sure they know how to get that either...history has shown that those people can survive whatever happens.

Kahn
December 26th, 2016, 03:50 AM
So thank God Kahn you don't live in Germany.

Thank God indeed! Except this has nothing to do with me. Please stop making it personal.

I'm sure people in Germany know what they do and if they want a change I'm sure they know how to get that either...

There are those who agree with the open border policy and those that do want change, which is why you see rising conservative movements across the country, and the continent.

Dalcourt
December 26th, 2016, 04:11 AM
Thank God indeed! Except this has nothing to do with me. Please stop making it personal.

There are those who agree with the open border policy and those that do want change, which is why you see rising conservative movements across the country, and the continent.

I don't make it personal I just think the whole thing hilarious same as good friend from Germany I always discuss such things with.

If those who don't approve of the open border policy get the majority things may change. If it works out time will show.

But I, like a lot of other people think that closing borders and locking oneself in won't stop terrorists and criminals. It may make life for decent people more difficult but those who want to do evil will always find a way...hence my first totally ironic nonsense answer to this post.

Fearmongering never took people anywhere except places like the Third Reich and such.

Kahn
December 26th, 2016, 05:14 AM
I don't make it personal

You did exactly that, by inserting me into a hypothetical. As I said in a thread before this, whatever narrative you develop, leave me out of it. None of these articles are about me.

I just think the whole thing hilarious same as good friend from Germany I always discuss such things with.

But I, like a lot of other people...

Cool. I have German friends I speak with regularly as well. Unlike you and your friend we don't think there is much humor to be found in what's happened thus far.

They'd like change, as well as a lot of other people, because they think that strict immigration policy would help alleviate some of the symptoms caused by the migration crisis. Their reason for thinking this isn't based on an irrational feeling of moral obligation to do good or fear of being intolerant, like yours, but it's based on facts, such as the fact that the crime rate in Germany has skyrocketed since 2015 (the year the mass migrations began), and that there was no (or hardly any) Islamic terrorism being perpetrated in Germany before allowing hundreds of thousands of unproperly vetted migrants into their country.

One of my best friends in real life has family in Germany, and he has visited them every year since he was a kid. This year, though, they didn't visit. His family told him "he might not come back in one piece."

think that closing borders and locking oneself in won't stop terrorists and criminals. It may make life for decent people more difficult but those who want to do evil will always find a way...

You have quite a lot of faith in evil, that's for sure.

This also totally ignores the fact that you can see the evidence for yourself in other nations, such as Japan. Japan, despite having received thousands of refugee asylum requests, only accepted 27 of them through 2015. Even by my standards that's strict, but it worked; their crime rate has remained static and they deal with no Islamic terrorism.

hence my first totally ironic nonsense answer to this post.

That totally ironic nonsense answer is a logical fallacy.

Very clever.

Fearmongering never took people anywhere except places like the Third Reich and such.

Nice Nazi equivocation there. Lol, just because a group of people believe in national sovereignty, a common culture, and strong borders doesn't mean they're going to start systematically exterminating people. I'd say the people fearmongering are the ones calling those who disagree with them the second coming of Nazism.

I'm honestly pretty sick and tired of having to combat the notion that every conservative or nationalistic ideology or idea is a slippery slope to Nazism.

---

I'm all for agreeing to disagree. This has nothing to do with the article and we are both very opinionated.

Dalcourt
December 26th, 2016, 09:31 AM
It has nothing to to with moral obligations or fears of being seen as intolerant. I'm not interested in problems of migrants in other countries for the sake of being a good person nor do I say things out of political correctness.
It's just that having irrational fears of terrorism won't lead anywhere.
Did the panic and increased controls of foreigners in the USA after September 11 spare us other terrorist attacks like let's say the bombing at the Boston Marathon?

Course I have huge faith in evil cuz since humanity exists we never managed to extinct evil. So it must be some awesome forces at work, right?

Crime rate among migrants in Germany are high that's true but that's not because of opening borders for refugees or whatever. It's due to a lack of integration and living in ghettos. It's basically migrants or second generation migrants that all came to the country in a legal way, registered or what else thse are the people commiting crimes .Same goes for France and problems with migrants there by the way. It has nothing to do with recent policy and is more compareable to the high crime rates among Blacks in the US than anything else.

That friend of mine works with refugees since October 2015, so it's not just second hand gossip she knows about what's really going on. And she originates from a border town that was run over when they all came in from the Balkan route. She works this job because she gets paid and not for a moral obligation.

Nothing dangerous ever happend to her apart from being harrassed by Neonazis for doing the job she was paid for and once as she told me as they mistook her for a Muslim girl as she had her scarf over her head on her way home as she forgot her umbrella.
Neonazis crime has risen too by the way so maybe fear leads some people in certain directions also it might be denied?

So it's sad your friend couldn't visit Germany this Christmas and yeah maybe if he went he wouldn't have come back in one piece. Maybe there'd been some depressed German pilot on the plane who had decided to commit suicide in mid air and kill all the passengers with him. as it happend not too long ago.
There are so many ways to die and become victim of a crime o4 whatever.

So for me all this propaganda against evil people being able to get across borders or whatever nonsense is just causing fears that help extremists to collect their sheep hence the Nazi references. Fear never lead to anything good...so why instilling it into people?

And by the way why wouldn't an idiot with an ISIS flag be allowed to cross the border in you can get a cake decorated with an ISIS flag here at Walmarts'? I'm sure you read that hilarious story.

Vlerchan
December 26th, 2016, 02:33 PM
[...] laughably nonexistent German border security is [...]
Being as Germany is in the Schengan area, that is sort of the point.

[...] crime rate in Germany has skyrocketed since 2015 [...]
What should, for everyone, cause alarm bells, is that this spike of crime was largely located in the first half of 2015. In otherwords, the half during which the bulk of the refugee flows did not occur. Nevertheless, let's look at the statistics still.

There has been no increase in crime when put in the terms it in traditionally reported in - crime per 100,000 residents. The exceptions have been pick-pocketing and burglaries and that's considered to be the consequence of immigrants that did not arrive as part of the refugee flows from the Islamic world (Eastern Europeans; the Balkans [Albania, Kosovo, Serbia], in particular) (DW 2016 (http://www.dw.com/en/immigrants-beyond-the-law/a-19021457)).

A report commissioned by the German, ministry of the interior, titled Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung [found here (Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung ) - In German] found that crimes, compared to their share of the number of immigrants, was significantly lower for Syrians, Afghans and Iraqi (refugees), though significantly higher for Georgians and North Africans (non-refugees) [p. 5]. The Balkans region gets its own paragraph here, discusses the connection to theft highlighted above*.

But here's the most interesting part, the number of crimes committed by immigrants had declined by 36% between January and June (in 2015 as compared 2016). The most significant declines were in matters of theft and sexual assault/rape. It's probably the case that this is listed in per capita terms, but that isn't made clear.

---

* I'd like to also tie this to a point being made above. It's probably not the case that people from Georgia, the Balkans or North Africans, are inherently more criminal as a people. But rather, their populations have a higher incidence of (1) younger people, those between 18 - 21, in particular, (2) second-generation-ism (re: disenfranchisement), (3) socioeconomically-disadvantaged people, than that of the German citizenry. Plus, roughly 20% of crimes committed by foreign-nationals aren't registered as living in the state, so the possibility of some sort of crime-tourism could explain the higher incidence among Eastern European in particular.

Furthermore, given the much higher incidence of (1) and (2) and the overwhelming male-ness of the refugee flows, the lack of criminality among the refugee population might be the more spectacular finding here.

Kahn
December 26th, 2016, 04:24 PM
It has nothing to to with moral obligations or fears of being seen as intolerant. I'm not interested in problems of migrants in other countries for the sake of being a good person nor do I say things out of political correctness.
It's just that having irrational fears of terrorism won't lead anywhere.
Did the panic and increased controls of foreigners in the USA after September 11 spare us other terrorist attacks like let's say the bombing at the Boston Marathon?

Course I have huge faith in evil cuz since humanity exists we never managed to extinct evil. So it must be some awesome forces at work, right?

Crime rate among migrants in Germany are high that's true but that's not because of opening borders for refugees or whatever. It's due to a lack of integration and living in ghettos. It's basically migrants or second generation migrants that all came to the country in a legal way, registered or what else thse are the people commiting crimes .Same goes for France and problems with migrants there by the way. It has nothing to do with recent policy and is more compareable to the high crime rates among Blacks in the US than anything else.

That friend of mine works with refugees since October 2015, so it's not just second hand gossip she knows about what's really going on. And she originates from a border town that was run over when they all came in from the Balkan route. She works this job because she gets paid and not for a moral obligation.

Nothing dangerous ever happend to her apart from being harrassed by Neonazis for doing the job she was paid for and once as she told me as they mistook her for a Muslim girl as she had her scarf over her head on her way home as she forgot her umbrella.
Neonazis crime has risen too by the way so maybe fear leads some people in certain directions also it might be denied?

So it's sad your friend couldn't visit Germany this Christmas and yeah maybe if he went he wouldn't have come back in one piece. Maybe there'd been some depressed German pilot on the plane who had decided to commit suicide in mid air and kill all the passengers with him. as it happend not too long ago.
There are so many ways to die and become victim of a crime o4 whatever.

So for me all this propaganda against evil people being able to get across borders or whatever nonsense is just causing fears that help extremists to collect their sheep hence the Nazi references. Fear never lead to anything good...so why instilling it into people?

And by the way why wouldn't an idiot with an ISIS flag be allowed to cross the border in you can get a cake decorated with an ISIS flag here at Walmarts'? I'm sure you read that hilarious story.

I'm not interested in your anecdotal argument or your feelings. Take care and happy holidays!

Being as Germany is in the Schengan area, that is sort of the point.

Knew nothing about this. Interesting. Wonder how long it'll last.

What should, for everyone, cause alarm bells, is that this spike of crime was largely located in the first half of 2015. In otherwords, the half during which the bulk of the refugee flows did not occur.

Source?

There has been no increase in crime when put in the terms it in traditionally reported in - crime per 100,000 residents.

Crime statistics amongst native Germans has remained static. Amongst foreigners in Germany, since the rapid influx of migrants, crime has skyrocketed. Which, as a result, has caused an overall crime increase across the board (Source (https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/DE/2016/05/pks-und-pmk-2015.html))

Crime has definitely risen since the beginning of the migration crisis. I'd also love a source on the figure you just provided.

The exceptions have been pick-pocketing and burglaries and that's considered to be the consequence of immigrants that did not arrive as part of the refugee flows from the Islamic world (Eastern Europeans; the Balkans [Albania, Kosovo, Serbia], in particular)

Back to the modern day, a dramatic 31.6 per cent in migrant related crime (http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/11/05/german-federal-police-rise-crime-due-migrant-crisis/) has occurred over the last year (as of November 5th, 2016) according to German Federal police (trigger warning, Breitbart source, here's an alternative German source (https://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article159236011/Die-alarmierenden-Zahlen-im-Jahresbericht-der-Bundespolizei.html)).

A report commissioned by the German, ministry of the interior, titled Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung [found here - In German] found that crimes, compared to their share of the number of immigrants, was significantly lower for Syrians, Afghans and Iraqi (refugees), though significantly higher for Georgians and North Africans (non-refugees) [p. 5]. The Balkans region gets its own paragraph here, discusses the connection to theft highlighted above*.

Source is either broken or leads nowhere. Interested in this statistic, though.

But here's the most interesting part, the number of crimes committed by immigrants had declined by 36% between January and June (in 2015 as compared 2016). The most significant declines were in matters of theft and sexual assault/rape. It's probably the case that this is listed in per capita terms, but that isn't made clear.

That's encouraging but it doesn't seem to be a trend that has lasted, according to German federal police and the German Interior Ministry.

I'd like to also tie this to a point being made above. It's probably not the case that people from Georgia, the Balkans or North Africans, are inherently more criminal as a people. But rather, their populations have a higher incidence of (1) younger people, those between 18 - 21, in particular, (2) second-generation-ism (re: disenfranchisement), (3) socioeconomically-disadvantaged people, than that of the German citizenry. Plus, roughly 20% of crimes committed by foreign-nationals aren't registered as living in the state, so the possibility of some sort of crime-tourism could explain the higher incidence among Eastern European in particular.

The more I read these types of articles the more it becomes clear that a large number of the crimes being perpetrated in Germany at the hands of migrants aren't always of Islamic or Middle Eastern descent. Which is surprising to me and also troubling.

I'm curious, Vlerchan, you and I have both stated we believe there should be a greater police presence if we are to continue allowing unfettered migration. How much of a police presence is necessary to help put a lid on rising migrant crime? Do you believe in thorough vetting starting in the potential migrant's native country?

Just trying to get a gauge for what we agree on and what we don't.

Vlerchan
December 26th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Wonder how long it'll last.
It's over 20 years old, it facilitates massive amounts of trade and business travel, and stands as an increasingly central component of the Western - and Central-European economy. I imagine it will last (though, some states have closed their borders in the last 6 months, with the migrant inflows increasingly under control, that should end soon).

Source?
Not only that, the BKA found that the increase was in the first half of 2015. The rate then leveled off during the second half of the year, the period with the greatest influx of refugees, according to the German broadcaster Deutsche Welle.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/may/11/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-germany-now-riddled-crime-thanks/

Crime statistics amongst native Germans has remained static. Amongst foreigners, it has caused crime t[o] skyrocket.
This is because the number of Germans stayed static and the number of foreigners skyrocketed. But as I wrote in my last post, Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans commit crimes at a lower rate than a typical migrant, and a lower rate than Germans (ibid.).

I also can't immediately find the source for the claim that crime per capita stayed the same but it flows necessarily from the fact that migrants commit crimes at a lower rate than natives (actually - that implies that the rate per capita would have fallen, but that's not what my source said [it might be out-dated]. If you want I can search for the source I originally found, but I don't see the need to if you can accept the logic is sound (and I can't see a reason why not).

Back to the modern day, a dramatic 31.6 per cent in migrant related crime has occurred over the last year (as of November 5th, 2016) according to German Federal police (trigger warning, Breitbart source, here's an alternative German source).

Please note that it highlights asylum offences and theft as the drivers. I don't see the need to address asylum offences. I addressed the basis to the rise in thefts related in my last post.

Source is either broken or leads nowhere. Interested in this statistic, though.
It's the PDF on this page.
https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Kurzmeldungen/DE/2016/09/kriminalitaet-im-kontext-von-zuwanderung-halbjahresbilanz.html

hat's encouraging but it doesn't seem to be a trend that has lasted, according to German federal police and the German Interior Ministry.
This trend is per January - Jun 2016. I am not aware of any statistics relating to later periods having been released. Crime among undocumented immigrants has also fallen ~20% during the same period (Local.de 2016 (https://www.thelocal.de/20160608/number-of-crimes-by-migrants-drop-20-percent-in-three-months-refugees)) so I should add that is also not just that Syrian refugees commit crimes are lower rates than other immigrants, they also commit them at lower rates than other refugees (Kosovans, Nigerians, etc.).

How much of a police presence is necessary to help put a lid on rising migrant crime?
Migrants don't commit crimes at a higher rate than Germans so only as much funding as is required to maintain a steady police presence per capita (per 100,000 residents): presuming returns are constant, that should neutralise any increase (per capita) in the crime rate.

What would probably be more effective is outreach to second-generation immigrants; that's where the problems actually start. Unlike the United States, European's are terrible at integrating their migrant populations, making them feel like Europeans and not perpetual outsiders (and, as an outsider, it's always much easier to victimise the people you feel no connection to).

Do you believe in thorough vetting starting in the potential migrant's native country?
This is impossible given the circumstances. Ideally, we'd do what the United States does and have months of interviews and background checks for each individual asylum seeker - who waits in their respective refugee camp - but that's difficult to establish when they are one of hundreds of thousands in your country already.

---

Edit: I guess I should add that I see the absolute figures that keep being referred to as a needless - if not outright unhelpful - inclusion. If the rate per capita remains static then the chance of an individual German being victimised remains roughly the same.

Porpoise101
December 26th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Wouldn't more stringent immigrant vetting/quotas reduce the risk of terrorism?
Maybe. But perhaps a better idea is to actually enforce the laws that are there before shaking things up. In the latest case in Berlin, the authorities knew of violent tendencies and the asylum seeker should have been deported. Yet this did not happen, and there are thousands of similar cases throughout Europe. Weed out those which shouldn't be there under the current system first, then if that does not work, add more inconveniences for the civilian population.