PDA

View Full Version : self harm addiciton

anemia
December 23rd, 2016, 09:24 PM
i don't know what to even do anymore. every time i see a sharp object i steal it and cut with it. i've tried every coping mechanism i can. nothing helps at all. i just want to cut up every single piece of my body. i can't handle it anymore. i have a therapist, but she doesn't help the urges.

sometimes, i just don't even care anymore about stopping. it's getting to the point where i bleed high amounts by overdosing on ibuprofen before cutting (for those that don't know ibuprofen is a blood thinner, it makes the blood harder to clot)

psychatric ward is not an option, acute term was shown to make my symptoms worse. can't go for long term because our insurance won't cover it at all. i've been to a acute term 3 times in the past 2 months. one was for 14 days. even there, i managed to pull a screw out of my door and scratch it upon my skin until it burned. it was a dull screw too.

i just need someone my age who understands. i broke up with my girlfriend because she was lying to me all the time and encouraged my self harm. we did it together. she was mentally ill as well, and a opiate addict.

thanks for reading this, i hope i get some positive feedback.

Just JT
December 27th, 2016, 05:49 AM
Forget what the insurance will pay for. That's not for you to worry about. Go to the er and ask for help. Tell them just what you said here. They'll provide help if you are a danger to yourself or others

Trevor.
December 28th, 2016, 06:16 AM
I think you need a better therapist. There's a doctor out there that can help you. Talk to your parents about it and try to help them understand what pain your going through. Try helping your friend in the process. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU :)

Microcosm
December 29th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Realize that this is very dangerous behavior. Like JT said, you need to find help at any cost. Losing too much blood can seriously injure you. Please get help! Call the ER if you have to. They'll know what to do.