PDA

View Full Version : Really sad around the holidays?

ItsJustSomeone
December 23rd, 2016, 12:15 AM
I don't know why, but Christmas this year has just been really difficult. It's quite strange because I'm usually pretty excited- but it just didn't seem to happen this time. I've just been sad. Once or twice I started crying at night. It feels as if the holidays are a time for me to reflect on the people who I miss, the things I lost, the person I used to be- although, Christmas should really be about appreciating what you do have!

It's hard to appreciate your loved ones and the blessings life gives you when your mind is in another place. The winter does tend to make me pretty depressed, though, so maybe that has something to do with it. Does this happen to anyone else?

Uniquemind
December 23rd, 2016, 01:31 AM
Cloudy weather can do that, but it's been a hard year for a lot of people. It hasn't been bad for everyone but for many people I know and myself included there have been many deaths in the extended family.

Weather has been extreme which has caused a lot of hardship for a lot of people from property damage to tragic car accident and truck accidents.

The last election cycle was verbally nasty and broke all the school rules if they were to be applied to public elections.

Not that this year was any worse or better than others, but this one has been especially public with it's negativity.

Perhaps subconsciously you feel all of these things, plus whatever personal woes challenged you this year.